Roster churn and cap space

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Players with a good chance they might not be back back next year.

High Cap:
Kam Chancellor
Cliff Avril
Jimmy Graham (debatable)
Micheal Bennet
Earl Thomas (God I hope not)
Jeremy Lane (God I hope so)

Low Cap:
Paul Richardson
Eddy Lacy
Blair Walsh
John Ryan
CJ Prosise

Not only will our team look very different our Cap space should allow for lots of flexibility. A new era for the Seahawks. 2018 will be a very interesting offseason.

chris98251

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":1dpiwygp said:
Players with a good chance they might not be back back next year.

High Cap:
Kam Chancellor
Cliff Avril
Jimmy Graham (debatable)
Micheal Bennet
Earl Thomas (God I hope not)

Low Cap:
Paul Richardson
Eddy Lacy
Blair Walsh
John Ryan
CJ Prosise

Not only will our team look very different our Cap space should allow for lots of flexibility. A new era for the Seahawks. 2018 will be a very interesting offseason.

Many would call that rebuilding, but not Pete.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
Very true. The hawks won’t look very familiar in the personnel we put on the field, but win the cap space that is freed up as a result we hopefully can find some younger talent that will help us begin another run that we can sustain for the long term.

I hope we stop spending a fortune on names, and start buying long term players.

OP
OP
Year of The Hawk

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I will adjust to reflect Lane but Sherman??? I have heard nothing about him going anywhere.

Also with the trade or departure of some of these players we could be getting some draft picks as either compensation or comp picks.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":29vqw5k7 said:
I will adjust to reflect Lane but Sherman??? I have heard nothing about him going anywhere.

Also with the trade or departure of some of these players we could be getting some draft picks as either compensation or comp picks.

There has literally been multiple articles and talk on the sports networks regarding Sherman likely having played his last game in a Hawks jersey...here’s just a few:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2752 ... les-injury

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_ ... wks-season

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/12/18/167 ... chancellor

chris98251

Reaction score
And there were dozens that said he was gone at the start of the Season, I don't know the names of Zucker, Jeanna Thomas, or Brady Henderson as being much of a credible source, those all look like opinions and you know what they say about opinions, we have 10,700 of them right here.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'd say Earl Thomas is more likely to be on the roster in 2018 than Richard Sherman is, but I expect both to be on the roster for one more season.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":1go47ie3 said:
And there were dozens that said he was gone at the start of the Season, I don't know the names of Zucker, Jeanna Thomas, or Brady Henderson as being much of a credible source, those all look like opinions and you know what they say about opinions, we have 10,700 of them right here.

Well the fact they save more $$ on Sherm from $13M to $2M IIRC, plus the difficult injury, now the other foot being worked on doesn't look good for Sherm. Add that to pre season crap and I'd give him 50/50 at best.

Also Max held his own for prob. less than 1/2 price and improved a bit too.

Reaction score
What are you reference when you say the cap space should give flexibility? Seahawks only have $19 million...

Also injured guys can't be cut without an injury settlement. So Kam, Avril and Sherman are all huge cap hit regardless, since they will likely be on PUP to start the season. Bennett and Kam both just got extensions and will likely not be moved since they have massive dead money hits to move them.

$19 million in cap currently for 2018 to sign 16 players to the 53 man roster to make a 53 man team. Plus 3 more to hold down the roles of the guys on PUP... Plus 10 practice squad players ($1.5 million, roughly) plus $5-$10 million you need for in-season signings as guys go on IR.

So... Where's that flexibility you are seeing?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Expect Sherman to be back and playing at a high level again, and being a leader on this defense gain. That's just how he's wired.

Nothing like a challenge or a little disrespect to bring that out in him.