NEW Kicker?

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Gee, how do you think John Schneider and the Front Office REALLY feel about Walsh? LOL! Now THAT was a fast signing! They're saying to Walsh in no uncertain terms, "Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!"

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Yep he was a scrub as well. Missed a lot of xp. Should fit in well as the kicker here. Time to cal Lou Passaglia....

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Maybe he’s our new OC and the punter is the Run Game Coordinator/Special Teams/Assistant TE’s coach.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
So after the failed experiment of signing a previously great kicker who got cut the previous season because he could no longer kick well, we did the same thing minus the "previously great" part? Wonderful.

Hopefully this is just for training camp competition.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
Guess Wilson is going to be asked to be an even higher percentage of our offense next year.

Hope RW can kick....

jammerhawk

Reaction score
New guy, same as the old guy, meh!

Hope Myers is one of several candidates and thre is a genuine competition for the job b/c the last year the job was given to Walsh who lost three games for the team and kept a few others close for the opposition. Hope the FO doesn’t make the same mistake again.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Welp, he's atleast been better than Walsh over the last couple years. An 81% kicker who got cut after missing 3 FGs from 50+ in 3 consecutive weeks.

Doubt he's the only guy they sign.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3qdut85m said:
New guy, same as the old guy, meh!

Hope Myers is one of several candidates and thre is a genuine competition for the job b/c the last year the job was given to Walsh who lost three games for the team and kept a few others close for the opposition. Hope the FO doesn’t make the same mistake again.

If Walsh does get retained, and knowing this staff it's likely, it'll be because they want to remain "consistent" and "find his groove".

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
They brought, I think, 2 people in the off season as well, yet Blair still made the team. Let's see how crazy things can get.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":bs5dnv7f said:
They brought, I think, 2 people in the off season as well, yet Blair still made the team. Let's see how crazy things can get.

Neither was here for longer than a cup of coffee as the competition was false. Walsh was not pressed and as a result choked under pressure again, and again, and again. No job should be safe when your past record reveals failing under pressure like Walsh did in the playofffs for Minnie.

There needs to be actual genuine competition for this roster spot with no players getting the job easily.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Season has been over for 4 days. This is just one of a few that they likely bring in. Seriously doubt he's our kicker next season.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":36rb2oli said:
Season has been over for 4 days. This is just one of a few that they likely bring in. Seriously doubt he's our kicker next season.

I would agree that I wouldn't necessarily automatically assume Myers is going to be our kicker next year.

No, to me what's more noteworthy is the timing here (as you note). The season's been over for 4 days. What's the very first free agent signing this team makes? Signing a new kicker. Pete says they have all the confidence in Walsh moving forward ... and 4 days later -- boom! Gone.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Its fairly obvious that this move is simply to cover bases. I would imagine Walsh is gone and someone else will come in to compete with this guy for the starting role.

Now the FO has some flexibility and can be patient in who that person will be.