PROOF Cable is absolutely horrible!!!

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Here you go. Near or at the bottom of the league for OL EXCEPT when he had a hall of fame RB and one of the best scrambling QB's of all time in tandem.

Dude is straight up garbage at his job.

DSo5YPRUMAArqo-.jpg:large

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1lnzjpfm said:
Here you go. Near or at the bottom of the league for OL EXCEPT when he had a hall of fame RB and one of the best scrambling QB's of all time in tandem.

Dude is straight up garbage at his job.

DSo5YPRUMAArqo-.jpg:large
Please, if you know Pete Carroll's email, please do us all a favor and send this to him.

P.S. If you also know, Paul Allen's email, please CC him on it, as well! Thanks, from 12s everywhere!

Seymour

Reaction score
It goes way deeper than just that. I think it's funny people think this is news. My self and a handfull of others have been posting this 2 years now. Maybe pictures work better?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/836990173879681030[/tweet]

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/3/3...able-offensive-line-sherman-smith-chad-morton

With the Seattle Seahawks falling from first in the NFL in cumulative rushing offense over the first five years of Tom Cable’s tenure as offensive line coach to 25th in 2016, not to mention the difficulties protecting pass plays and developing talent that persisted for several years, a certain segment of Seahawks fans hoped this miserable performance might startle Pete Carroll into reorganizing the coaching staff. Many have asked for Cable to be fired outright but at the very least, this segment insisted, Carroll and the Seattle front office should be taking a hard reassessment of Cable’s stewardship as Assistant Head Coach and “run game coordinator” entering 2017.

Instead, the organization doubled down on Cable’s position. Speaking Wednesday at the NFL Draft combine in Indianapolis, John Schneider defended and even praised the embattled coach.

More telling, perhaps, are the moves Carroll and the front office did make to shake up the staff

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think Cable has made a lot of mistakes. Like sticking with the Zone Blocking scheme when the rules are making it less effective, and his players don't fit the profile.

Then rotating backs in and out, never letting them get in to a rhythm. Even Marshawn took some time to get going.

THEN, moving players all over the line to improve their versatility when they can't even play the position they're best suited for. AND having them pull and let DL run free so that the OL can bLock at the 2nd level only to see those DL blowing up the play.

Evidence? Alex Collins, Justin Forsett, an older Marshawn I Oakland on as shitty team, without the RPO or a scrambling QB, and doing well.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Maddening. It is not like this is his first year here. I would be interested in years to come if he came out and said, " I would have the best line in the league but PC insisted on zone blocking which has been outdated in total for the past 4 years." " What was I supposed to do, if this was 2011( lineman now) we would have the best O-Line in the league."

Seymour

Reaction score
johnnyfever":22bh79rd said:
visuals definitely help paint the picture

Agree. I think the red in bottom 10 helps highlight the glaring weakness in pass protection in particular. They blew it off with run game numbers through 2015, now those are gone and there is literally nothing left to defend.

I also find it quite ironic that the 2 that saved Cables job (Lynch and Wilson), are the 2 being punished for the fruits of his work.

Own The West

Reaction score
And keep in mind that Okung and Unger were anchoring that line until 2015 when pass pro dropped off the table too.

Every replacement they've made since 2011 has been a down grade...

Seymour

Reaction score
I've heard many people wondering the reasons behind Baldwins post game comments saying it is not on Bevell, it is on execution (yet he really wont say where). People wonder what Doug is talking about. He went off about "do any of you watch film?". He wouldn't really say, but the worst executing group on this team by far is the oline.

Put that together with this, and I think there is at minimum "a smoldering gun" that the oline in the boat anchor on offense. From there the effects on our QB all the way down to Jimmy Graham can be seen as well. There is a domino effect of this poor execution taking place.

Watch closely here. Even Ifedi goes after Cable here. Something big was brewing....

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/922216477599698944[/tweet]

BigBill1945

Reaction score
John McGrath from the Tacoma News Tribune seems to agree that Cable needs to go. It is obvious that the blocking schemes he has taught are not working.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Own The West":20415uqf said:
And keep in mind that Okung and Unger were anchoring that line until 2015 when pass pro dropped off the table too.

Everyone wanted Okung and Unger gone.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1pdc5pmj said:
Own The West":1pdc5pmj said:

Everyone wanted Okung and Unger gone.

Everyone? No...many yes (Okung - do mainly to injury). Unger I would totally disagree hardly anyone wanted him "gone". More so people were excited about Graham.

Lets be fair here.

Threedee

Reaction score
The funny thing is that analysts used to point to the high run-blocking efficiency and report that Carroll was okay with poor pass protection so long as the linemen could run block that well. Time has shown that it was all Beast Mode.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
With Unger, he was pretty injury prone. So, wanting him gone? Nah, but open to it for sure. Brokung was another story.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":27wyulrs said:
With Unger, he was pretty injury prone. So, wanting him gone? Nah, but open to it for sure. Brokung was another story.

Just another sore topic / result from Cable's scheme. So many of our linemen that "have injury issues" leave here and suddenly get healthy. I would venture to say RB's as well but have not researched that enough to be certain.

Unger has missed 1 game in 3 years after leaving.

Okung has missed 1 game in 2 years after leaving.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
TRUTH. Enough of the ZBS crap. And Ifedi clearly doesn't have the footwork to be a Tackle. Cable should long since have known this.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Threedee":tkuutbl9 said:
The funny thing is that analysts used to point to the high run-blocking efficiency and report that Carroll was okay with poor pass protection so long as the linemen could run block that well. Time has shown that it was all Beast Mode.

I wouldn't agree. Our line could run-block up through 2015. They made Rawls look marvelous. It took a major nosedive after that, when two key players left.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
This was brought up on a Reddit thread a bit ago. Until I read through that thread, I was in the anti zbs camp. There are a lot of guys on that thread that know their stuff. They presented the stats on success and failures of zbs, and statistically it works well for other teams.

What this says to me is that it is CABLE'S zbs scheme and coaching/teaching/development, not zbs in general.