POLL: 2nd Super Bowl win in JS/PC Era

What is the likelihood that the Pete and John combo win another Super Bowl in Seattle ?

• 80% or better

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • 60-79%

Votes: 20 16.5%
  • 40-59%

Votes: 19 15.7%
  • 20-39%

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • 19% or worse

Votes: 52 43.0%

• Total voters

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
What is the likelihood that the combination of John Schneider and Pete Carroll lead this organization to another Super Bowl title. Looking at the talent on the roster following the 2013 Super Bowl, I truly thought that this organization was set up for a mini dynasty. Minimum of two super bowl victories, three or more somewhat likely. I fully understand that that is EXTREMELY difficult to do, but I still felt that way. I would have said that anything less than two SB rings with that core would have been a disappointment, and I still feel that way. I think if this group doesn't get another ring it'll be disappointing (and I think if you pulled John and Pete aside in a private off the record conversation they would completely agree with that).

kf3339

Reaction score
You don't have a vote for absolute zero chance.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
good point.......
Maybe KF shouldn't bother watching the team since they have absolutely zero chance to win. :roll:

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Definitely 19% or below. It’s just so hard to make it, anything above that in the poll seems very very optimistic and also downplays other teams being excellent as a factor.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
0% chance. That window closed a couple years ago. The FO refuses to make the necessary changes moving forward. Simple as that.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I stand by what I have said in the past. With Cabevell, this team won't even sniff another NFC Championship, much less a Super Bowl. Since it appears that no changes are going to be made along that front, I will say 0%. I'll be rooting for them, but I don't see it happening.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
All hope is lost. They had their chance at a second and threw it away...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Since I didn't hear what I needed to hear out of Pete this week about making the necessary coordinator changes to try and improve his schemes and playcalling, I had to put less than 19%.

Honestly I don't even see the marriage of PC/JS lasting another year or two. Another year like this, and why think next year will be any different? Then neither of them will want to ride out their contracts........especially Schneider if he starts butting heads with Pete over the team's direction.

Seymour

Reaction score
Pretty much the same as Aaron Rodgers and the Pack have at this point IMO.
How is that working for them?

They just cleaned house on OC QBC and GM so they may be more on track then we are at this point.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
With the same offensive coaches its 0%. I cannot fathom why this is so hard to see from the front office and ownership
They keep running out the same failed game plan, and same failed playcalling and expect different results.

Chapow

Reaction score
Well, there are 32 teams in the league and only 1 can win the championship in any given year.

There are also some other very, very good teams doing everything they can to win the Super Bowl in any given year as well.

It almost always takes a ton of things going your way (injuries, turnovers, calls, etc.) for even the best teams to win a championship.

IMO, there's absolutely less than a 19% chance for us to win another Super Bowl in the PC/JS era. But that isn't because I think this team is awful or anything like that. It's because I think winning a Super Bowl is extremely difficult.

I would have said less than a 19% chance right after we won the Super Bowl for the same reasons and I absolutely believed we were the best team in the league at that point. People that think anything less than several Super Bowl wins is an epic fail are completely irrational IMO.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Without a doubt, less than 19%. But I would vote the same for every other team in the NFL and their current head coach-GM combos.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
I say 80%. It looks like the Patriots are, as of this morning, about to implode. So that tells me that Pete Carroll's coaching style will win out. This will give Russell, Doug, Sherm, et al their confidense back for next season because really, other than the Patriots, who else is going to stop them?

I say "High Hopes, High Hopes!" :2thumbs:

NJlargent

Reaction score
These 2 most likely have 2-3 years left together. With the rams being good and the niners looking good, I think there’s about a 40% or less chance we even make the playoffs next year.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Palmegranite":3qh1e6hl said:
I say 80%. It looks like the Patriots are, as of this morning, about to implode. So that tells me that Pete Carroll's coaching style will win out. This will give Russell, Doug, Sherm, et al their confidense back for next season because really, other than the Patriots, who else is going to stop them?

I say "High Hopes, High Hopes!" :2thumbs:

Themselves. The Seahawks would be a lot better if they didn't have to battle the Seahawks and their opponent every week.

renofox

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1enqbw2h said:
With the same offensive coaches its 0%. I cannot fathom why this is so hard to see from the front office and ownership
They keep running out the same failed game plan, and same failed playcalling and expect different results.

Agreed. Since it appears PC won't fire Cabevell, and no other team will hire Cabevell away, chances of future success are <1%.

What a sad waste of talent.

RussB

Reaction score
If they change the coaching staff then theres a chance. If things stay the way they are they arent winning jack shit.

Vesuve

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2jzscohh said:
What is the likelihood that the combination of John Schneider and Pete Carroll lead this organization to another Super Bowl title. Looking at the talent on the roster following the 2013 Super Bowl, I truly thought that this organization was set up for a mini dynasty. Minimum of two super bowl victories, three or more somewhat likely. I fully understand that that is EXTREMELY difficult to do, but I still felt that way. I would have said that anything less than two SB rings with that core would have been a disappointment, and I still feel that way. I think if this group doesn't get another ring it'll be disappointing (and I think if you pulled John and Pete aside in a private off the record conversation they would completely agree with that).

Maybe in 3-4 years if eveything went right. That's rare though.