Next years opponents

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Things change so much from year to year in the NFL its hard to predict just how tough it will be, but it looks to me that we at least have the bulk of the toughest games at home next season:

Home: Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Los Angeles Rams, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers, Dallas Cowboys.

Away: Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Los Angeles Rams, Detroit Lions, Chicago Bears, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, Carolina Panthers

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if that Rumor of our road game vs. Denver being in London is true. We plan on going if the Hawks go, but was hoping for 2019. Really good home schedule for sure, should be some fun games.

original poster

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":uo11fy0v said:
Will be interesting to see if that Rumor of our road game vs. Denver being in London is true. We plan on going if the Hawks go, but was hoping for 2019. Really good home schedule for sure, should be some fun games.

If it happens PM me and we can have a british .net meet!

I did intitally think the home schedule was brutal but we all know how teams can look incredibly different from season to season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's amazing how when a schedule comes out, it can just look brutal. A few injuries here and there and/or certain teams just having a bad season etc. and it becomes easier. Or a team that looks like an easy win has a great year.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Hopefully they play better next season at home than they did this season. This season's home games were a cupcake compared to the teams they face next season (at least on paper). They managed to finish 4-4 at home.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I hope that Packers home game is prime time. Payback is coming

WmHBonney

Reaction score
The first question I have is: How many of the eastern time zone games will be 1PM kickoffs? Looks like only Detroit and Carolina in the eastern and da Bears in the central time zone.

hawker84

Reaction score
Seems like we are always traveling to Carolina? Wonder who the Bronco's new QB will be, should prove interesting...

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I see us maybe winning 2 or 3 of those home games unless something drastically changes. Schedule looks brutal. 7-9 next season.

kidhawk

Reaction score
My early guesstimate at game times for this schedule have us at 2 likely early games and 3-4 prime time games. Of course a lot of that will depend on what other good match ups are happening on the same weeks as our better match ups, and how the off season unfolds. I don't think 9-7 will be enough for them to remove us from prime time games, but we won't be the darling of prime time we have been recently.

As for difficulty of schedule, I learned long ago that it's pretty meaningless at this juncture. Free agency and the draft change the outlook for many teams and there are always a few surprisingly good (or bad) teams.

RussB

Reaction score
Now thats a pretty tough schedule. Not making the playoffs unless cable and bevell are fired.

5-11 season incoming.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1inncq3c said:
Things change so much from year to year in the NFL its hard to predict just how tough it will be, but it looks to me that we at least have the bulk of the toughest games at home next season:

Home: Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Los Angeles Rams, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers, Dallas Cowboys.

Away: Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Los Angeles Rams, Detroit Lions, Chicago Bears, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, Carolina Panthers
You heard it here first.
Thanksgiving Day 2018.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
That schedule looks relatively easy. If they stay healthy, 12-4 is attainable.

chris98251

Reaction score
As we stand looks like 4 - 12 to me unless we make changes. We just lost at home to the Cards with a 4th string RB and the back up QB with a torn ACL in Stanton.

hawker84

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2imsewq7 said:
hawker84":2imsewq7 said:
Seems like we are always traveling to Carolina? Wonder who the Bronco's new QB will be, should prove interesting...

Our last game vs Carolina was at C Link, in 2016.

Yes I know that?

original poster

Reaction score
hawker84":3he66z1x said:
FlyingGreg":3he66z1x said:
hawker84":3he66z1x said:

Yes I know that?

Your quotes post doesn’t really make sense then :)

hawker84

Reaction score
original poster":2rjihx9p said:
hawker84":2rjihx9p said:
FlyingGreg":2rjihx9p said:
hawker84":2rjihx9p said:

Yes I know that?

Your quotes post doesn’t really make sense then :)

Really, how's that? I said seems like ( in other words, feels like), I didn't say we have. haven't looked back at past schedules, but I'd be willing to bet we've played there more than them here in the Cam / RW era. could be wrong..

mikeak

Reaction score
The home schedule looks brutal. Chargers was vastly improved, 49ers looks like they are building something, GB is always tough for us, Rams is still improving, Vikings had a fantastic season and I see no reason why they don't keep it up

Sure things always change but the home schedule is going to be rough IMHO.

Now if you are selling your game tickets then 7 out of 8 will be easy to sell for good money :)