Rate our starting wide receivers from this past season

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Doug, Tyler, Paul, tanner, darboh.

This is a average wide receiver group in my books.

Doug is a #1 as his route running is as good as you could ever wish for with great hands.

Tyler is a #3/4 as he has great speed(he wasnt as fast post injury) with good hands but is small and can get pushed around.

Paul is another #3/4 as he also has great speed and great leaping ability but his route running needs more work. He also can be taken out by physical cornerback play.

Tanner is a #5/6 as he regressed this year and seems to have had the Blair Walsh mentality. The LA rams fumble? He looked scared running. He has solid speed with average route running and average hands.

Darboh? I didn't get to see enough of him to give him a fair assessment.

So IMO our wide receiving core has a #1 with a bunch of #3/4 receivers. I'd sure love to get a big #1 WR like a Fitz or a Calvin Johnson.

Wide receiving rating is a average group that can burn you with speed but can also get knocked around.

Your thoughts?

chris98251

Reaction score
Much more difficult to judge them if the QB isn't making his progression reads because of O line issues, I would say a big body guy was missing as a possession guy more then anything else, our smurfs cannot out position or muscle Safeties and LB's.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":gs4o493u said:
Doug, Tyler, Paul, tanner, darboh.

This is a average wide receiver group in my books.

Doug is a #1 as his route running is as good as you could ever wish for with great hands.

Tyler is a #3/4 as he has great speed(he wasnt as fast post injury) with good hands but is small and can get pushed around.

Paul is another #3/4 as he also has great speed and great leaping ability but his route running needs more work. He also can be taken out by physical cornerback play.

Tanner is a #5/6 as he regressed this year and seems to have had the Blair Walsh mentality. The LA rams fumble? He looked scared running. He has solid speed with average route running and average hands.

Darboh? I didn't get to see enough of him to give him a fair assessment.

So IMO our wide receiving core has a #1 with a bunch of #3/4 receivers. I'd sure love to get a big #1 WR like a Fitz or a Calvin Johnson.

Wide receiving rating is a average group that can burn you with speed but can also get knocked around.

Your thoughts?
Baldwin is the best receiver but sometimes disappears (probably not his fault) and you wonder why Baldwin only has 4 catches.

Everyone else can be waived and released/not worthy of a roster spot.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Do we use wide receivers in this offense? Seriously anyone from the stands could run to space as the play breaks down and Russ starts his spastic iterations...

RussB

Reaction score
Doug
Richardson
Lockett

They could be a pretty dangerous recieving core if they had a coach like Mcvay or shanahan. Dont forget jimmy graham has been severly under-utilized also. These are all talented players its just that the coaching on the offensive side of the ball is terrible. Julio Jones could be on the team and he would not be prducing in this terrible offense.

RussB

Reaction score
chris98251":3z2ner2h said:
Much more difficult to judge them if the QB isn't making his progression reads because of O line issues, I would say a big body guy was missing as a possession guy more then anything else, our smurfs cannot out position or muscle Safeties and LB's.
Thats what jimmy graham is for.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Bingo.

Other OCs could get production out of this group.

Nothing is wrong with the cars, just the driver.

adeltaY

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":rud1u5qi said:
Baldwin is the best receiver but sometimes disappears (probably not his fault) and you wonder why Baldwin only has 4 catches.

Everyone else can be waived and released/not worthy of a roster spot.

I think that's a bit drastic. Lockett is more than worthy of a roster spot at least. IDK why Darboh didn't get more chances tbh, I saw a guy like Juju Smith-Schuster playing very well and wish we could get that out of a WR. Then again, you have John Ross so who the heck knows?