How would we use extra cap space?

adeltaY

Reaction score
Lots of us want the team to cut or trade players to create cap space. Cut Sherm, Bennett, let all our FA walk, Cliff/Kam retire, etc. Let's say we have 40M cap space going into next year. Who would you want to sign?

Honestly, my preferred move is to extend Frank Clark. I've complained about his inconsistency but he's still a really good player who is second in sacks for third year Seahawks all time. Pass rushers take a while to develop these days unless you have a JJ Watt or AD.

Otherwise, the FA class looks pretty mediocre this year. What do we do with the remaining money? Roll it over?

endzorn

Reaction score
I don’t care about using the cap room this coming year. I want them to clear room for 2019 and beyond. I’d like to see them clean up the cap situation we’re in and prep for another run (hopefully).

2_0_6

Reaction score
Extend Clark
Resign Sheldon
Extend Brown
FIND A DAMN KICKER
Roll as much as possible into the '19 season where we really get some cap flexibility

hawxfreak

Reaction score
There isn't anybody gonna come in and replace all those TDs that JG had .
We have to consider signing him too , which means we'll have to let go of some other talent to do that
Here's to hoping the cap goes way up giving us the room to keep him without dumping somebody else.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
hawxfreak":o5oh9unb said:
There isn't anybody gonna come in and replace all those TDs that JG had .
We have to consider signing him too , which means we'll have to let go of some other talent to do that
Here's to hoping the cap goes way up giving us the room to keep him without dumping somebody else.

Why does everyone assume we need a single player to replace those? Even a halfway decent running game would replace half of those TDs, easy, and if linebackers actually respected the run, then they wouldn't all drop into coverage in the red zone, thus opening up opportunities for other receivers.

Now, if we're bringing back the same game plan and offensive personnel, then yes, we'll want Graham back too. But here's hoping it doesn't come to that.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Sign at least one guard with a solid history. Last off-season they apparently got in a bidding war for Lang and that would have been great. But there were other guys like Ronald Leary, who was a know run-mauler and Larry Warford who had a good prior season. Both those guys signed 4 year deals for roughly Joeckel avg. money.

LolaRox

Reaction score
I keep seeing people say cut Sherm - can he even be cut while injured?

Either way I do not think they should cut him, he is still a very good/elite corner and worth the money. If they cut him they will 4 CB on the roster, Lane, Shaq, Thorpe and Elliot - no thanks. Keep Sherm and cut Lane.