Frank Clark Gives Me Hope

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DSudrUVVAAAXmOf

I'm guilty of being critical of Pete making suspect character picks and allowing some of his players to act out, but I give credit where credit is due with Clark.

Pete and his staff have done an amazing job with Clark both professionally and personally. If Clark is the face of the next wave of Hawk leaders? I'm just fine with that.

original poster

Reaction score
He's a hell of a player and as per PC, his ceiling is seriously high!

I'd fully expect him to get a contract extension either this off season or early in the regular season.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
If only he didn’t end with the ‘feed my family’ bit.

Seymour

Reaction score
He wrote that but signed it BE?

Anyway, assuming he did.....hats off dude! Sounds like he has his head screwed on straight.

Great story, and keep up the good work Frank. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1aeuhgu1 said:

Anyway, assuming he did.....hats off dude! Sounds like he has his head screwed on straight.

His nickname is Black Elvis.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":29u7mzta said:
Seymour":29u7mzta said:

For real? :shock:

original poster

Reaction score
Seymour":1eapxt2k said:
Sgt. Largent":1eapxt2k said:
Seymour":1eapxt2k said:

For real? :shock:

It's how he refers to himself on Twitter :)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Clark took advantage of several backup left tackles last year. There were too many points where he vanished completely. He's a good, but not elite defensive end.

If you think I'm committing sacrilege in saying this, remember that people are saying the same thing about Bennett despite HIS 8+ sacks.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1k3054t8 said:
Clark took advantage of several backup left tackles last year. There were too many points where he vanished completely. He's a good, but not elite defensive end.

If you think I'm committing sacrilege in saying this, remember that people are saying the same thing about Bennett despite HIS 8+ sacks.

I think you're spot on. Too many times in games he just simply dissapeared.

Not questioning his effort, but our pass rush was a weak spot this season, and with Avril going down this was his chance to take over, and it felt overall like a dissapointment imo.

Several times he'd get stuck in the middle of a spin move and not be able to break free, or he'd rush himself way up field out of the play.

If he could develop some moves, he'd be much better.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I like Frank and think he'll get better for sure. Hope he can control himself mentally, like the punching incident, but he's young.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I was with you guys earlier in the season, but it's hard to find pass rushers who get a sack a game and have significant impact. AD, healthy JJ Watt, and? Khalil Mack and Von seemed quieter this year, but that might be because their teams were garbage. Even those guys don't wreck opposing gameplans every game. Keep in mind that Watt had Merc and Clowney to help him out a bit and AD has had Robert Quinn, Brockers, et. al who are top picks. Can't expect most pass rushers to come close to those guys anyway.

Again, Clark is second in sacks over three seasons for the Seahawks all time. So far, he's one of the best we've ever drafted and developed. You bring up Bennett as a comparison. I'd like to see film of each of their sacks. I know for a fact that one of Bennett's was when Jared Goff straight up tripped and fell to the ground and Mike B touched him down. Another Mike B got on Dak on a three man rush was 90% Clark manhandling his guy and forcing Prescott into the sack. I'm willing to bet more of Clark's sacks are of the "beat his blocker silly" variety than cleanup sacks.

I agree that the pass rush was very underwhelming this year though.

chris98251

Reaction score
Remember the other guys on that team were facing are pros also, additionally we rotate our guys and flip them a lot, we spread the wealth more then many other teams.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":26vnenuz said:
Why? He is focusing on what matters during the season....FOOTBALL. Some of our other players should try it.

jmahon316

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3pqko1ql said:
Coug_Hawk08":3pqko1ql said:
Why? He is focusing on what matters during the season....FOOTBALL. Some of our other players should try it.

Yeah, I didn't understand the distaste for that last line either.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
jmahon316":esy2icdp said:
WmHBonney":esy2icdp said:
Coug_Hawk08":esy2icdp said:

Yeah, I didn't understand the distaste for that last line either.

Because he makes a ton of money, feeding his family in terms of financial security is a joke to those of us with real life financial struggles.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1w9t5oy6 said:

He does have the physical tools to be elite. Ask Andrew Whitworth. On the play he absolutely destroyed Whitworth he displayed burst, speed and hand movement that is a rarity. Unfortunately he doesn't seem able to tap into that all the time.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I'd like to see him at left end more next year. He's quick, but not Clemmons type quick and his arc is not good enough to play right end every down. So times he runs himself out of plays. Still, he has big potential. Love the effort and attitude!!!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Good thing, Clint Hurtt is the defensive line coach.

I think a great coach can get a lot out of Clark.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Clark is the Hawks future center piece on defense.

Clark will overtake Wagner/Thomas as the best defensive player on the team maybe next year.

Clark is a beast! Believe it!

AgentDib

Reaction score
Clark took a step forward this year with his pass rush but needs to step up against the run defense by a massive amount to be in the discussion for best defensive player. Of the few plays I've reviewed so far this off-season we had consistent issues protecting the gap between Richardson and Clark when they were lined up next to each other at RDT and RDE respectively.