Does Schneider head back to GB?

gonzhawk

Reaction score
If John leaves, he/they would need to give us some kind of compensation?

The team cap is as messy as it has been since he got here, and now we are short the next
two years of 2nd round picks, our third this year due to trades. I get that Pete was behind a lot
of this, and prob the crappy extensions for Kam and MB, but no matter how you slice it, this would
be mess he is leaving behind.

I don't care if its his dream job and he's a nice guy, etc. really? This is business. He is a good guy tho.
And I don't want him to leave. But this is a big ol mess. Not to mention the coaching problems, but that is a
Pete issue, not a GM issue, unless you want problems.

I just hope we get something in the form of picks and/or players?

Jville

Reaction score
The topic must be warming up Packer fans. It already up to 23 degrees below freezing.or 9 degrees Fahrenheit

gonzhawk

Reaction score
And one more thing.
After being a fan since inception, this is so freaking typical of the crap
this franchise has endured. The best coach and the best talent evaluator we have ever had.
The only way he would leave is if this were to happen.
Well hawk fans, guess what just happened!? :roll:

Forgive my frustration if you can.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/949720684275683328[/tweet]

I have to believe that Schneider has to be curious as to what trade value the Packers would be willing to give up for his services.

If a trade is pursued, how would the pursuit of Schneider be received by Russ Ball, Brian Gutekunst and Eliot Wolf?

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/949731858308202496[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/949733490471329793[/tweet]

James in PA

Reaction score
This story is picking up a lot of steam. I don’t have a good feeling about this whole thing. Screw getting a first round pick or 2. Just keep John!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2_0_6

Reaction score
Couldn't the Packers file a grievance and take this to court if John does indeed want to go there?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
If JS were to decide he wanted to go to GB and they wanted him, who would negotiate the trade terms? I hope not JS himself! "You want me?" Says JS? "Send a brick of cheese and im yours! :rumble: "

In any normal trade situation, I imagine he would be the guy in the negotiations. How would this work and what's fair compensation?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2dla1tq9 said:
Couldn't the Packers file a grievance and take this to court if John does indeed want to go there?

On what grounds? It’s a lateral move — if they argue ‘more power as our GM’ they absolutely risk losing. Losing the grievance would hurt their team in a multitude of ways. If they really really want him, the best thing to do would be a trade and make it quick, but I’m not convinced John even wants to leave.

I suspect if the interview was denied, JS was part of that decision, choosing to stay put (same deal with McKenzie).

2_0_6

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":wyt3qe7n said:
Hawk_Nation":wyt3qe7n said:

On what grounds? It’s a lateral move — if they argue ‘more power as our GM’ they absolutely risk losing. Losing the grievance would hurt their team in a multitude of ways. If they really really want him, the best thing to do would be a trade and make it quick, but I’m not convinced John even wants to leave.

I suspect if the interview was denied, JS was part of that decision, choosing to stay put (same deal with McKenzie).

I saw this posted last night, then a bevy of posts after stating that it could be a sticky situation but that a greviance could be filed. Interesting no doubt.

ZNNnSMW

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
This is truly disappointing if JS goes. Pete wont be here forever and I really wanted to see a FO with JS in the lead. Guy is an absolute genius in managing the cap. :34853_doh:

northseahawk

Reaction score
Why the hell would he want to leave Seattle for green bay Wisconsin?!

One has to be extremely stupid unless it's a lot more money

xgeoff

Reaction score
Seanhawk":182r9amv said:
Seahawks deny Packers permission to interview Schneider.

http://es.pn/2qzrvH5

I like John, and appreciate him despite a lot of misses in the draft and FA recently. Am glad we denied the Packers permission to interview him. F them!

2_0_6

Reaction score
northseahawk":nkq195rv said:
Why the hell would he want to leave Seattle for green bay Wisconsin?!

One has to be extremely stupid unless it's a lot more money

Well considering that's where he was raised....