How would you feel about this starting OL?

getnasty

Reaction score
Russell Okung-LT-12 million a year
James Carpenter-LG-6 million a year
Justin Britt-C-8 million a year
JR Sweezy-RG-6 million a year
Breno Giacomini-RT-2.5 million a year

Don't know that it would be that much better but I found it pretty amazing that all of these guys are still starting in the NFL. I probably should have put Max Unger in at Center.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
It's probably on par with what we spent this year.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Seahawkwalt1967":352640yz said:
I never liked letting Carpenter go

And I never liked letting Breno go. Remember when we all thought he was a penalty machine? Ah, youth.

Steve2222

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2a3ywsxy said:
Seahawkwalt1967":2a3ywsxy said:

And I never liked letting Breno go. Remember when we all thought he was a penalty machine? Ah, youth.

Yep. Ifedi is a s******* version of Breno. Same discipline and penalty issues but no talent to go along with it.

RussB

Reaction score
That looks exactly like the lineup that played in sb49 except for no unger. The last time seahawks were a legit contender.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Steve2222":2q48usvk said:
WindCityHawk":2q48usvk said:
Seahawkwalt1967":2q48usvk said:

Yep. Ifedi is a s******* version of Breno. Same discipline and penalty issues but no talent to go along with it.

Sound silly. I guess opinions do this.

I already provided stats that show ifedi was on par at tackle for first yr NFL players. Less sacks by far and little above the flags. So that'd be like cutting a rookie and they could turn out to be solid like many did.

At guard? He was average as a rookie.

But no, you guys all continue on your hate. Opinions when bashing are way better then facts.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Imagine how good those guys would communicate with each other after the years of continuity too.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1qr0ll59 said:
Imagine how good those guys would communicate with each other after the years of continuity too.

This. For many hawk fans it is cut this lineman and we will be fine. They never get 3-4 years together to learn their position or rest of line communication.

The main issue is tom cable.

xgeoff

Reaction score
getnasty":2x6b3ick said:
Russell Okung-LT-12 million a year
James Carpenter-LG-6 million a year
Justin Britt-C-8 million a year
JR Sweezy-RG-6 million a year
Breno Giacomini-RT-2.5 million a year

Don't know that it would be that much better but I found it pretty amazing that all of these guys are still starting in the NFL. I probably should have put Max Unger in at Center.

I don't like any of these guys. Not one. That being said, I may be jaded because I don't think they were that good when they were here, and they certainly played better elsewhere, especially Carpenter. I'd rather have him than someone like Joeckel, that's for sure.

Bottom line, I don't know if anyone can be successful in Tom Cable's 'scheme'. I don't think we have a chance to be successful wrt the O-line until Cable is gone, regardless of personnel.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
That line was absolutely shredded in the court of public opinion. They (and not just Breno but Okung) were a penalty machine to rival this year, guards could road-grade like nobody else but still whiffed in pass pro with regularity.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Okung was a stud this year for the chargers. Brent was AWFUL for the Texans. You might as well have thrown Unger in at center haha.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
I need to go through and see how pff grades these guys against out OL this year. I didn't like any of these guys outside of Okung when they were here either but they must have been better the i thought since they are all still starters in the NFL.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Grass is always green on the other side. We thought we could just walk down the street and find competent linesmen. Watching this year's running game ... made me want to throw up.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
ludakrishna":2al1pa37 said:
Who is the OL coach? We all saw what happened to Duane once our OL coach his hands on him

Duane was injured.