Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Packers Denied By Seahawks To Interview JS

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Packers Denied By Seahawks To Interview JS
Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:16 am
  • http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-pack ... rsue-trade

Watcha gonna give us in return Packer Boys? Gonna have to make it worth our while.

:snack:

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Hiring away the dead weight on our offenseive coaching staff would peak my interest to start to listen.
    Would also cost draft picks(s) and or usable pieces. That’s MY price. 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• If it is a dream for John to take that position we should try to accommodate that desire. While I fully believe Seattle is what he calls home and it is not a slam dunk decision, the people that work and play for the Seahawks should want to be here. Don't be foolish though. Some high and plentiful draft picks would have to come back our way. And/Or a young stud that will continue to be on his first contract for a couple years.
    Wizofwest
    NET Rookie

• My gut feeling on this is that John has made his position well known to Pete and Paul. In the spirit of good will they have likely told him they will let him go to his dream job but as an act of proper business protocol they have to publicly deny the Packers permission based on the details of his contract extension and let the process of compensation talks begin.

I think John will be the Packers GM within this month.

It will be sad to see him go as I do give him a lot of credit for building the success we've seen over the past 5 years and it further underscores the notion that this era is coming to an end but it's the right thing to do as long as we get the compensation we deserve for him.

Let me be the first to say thank you John for all you did to make these past five years a dream come true for us 12's.*

*XLIX notwithstanding but that wasn't your fault.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• 20 King, Kevin CB 6-3 200 22 R Washington
    89 Clark, Michael WR 6-6 217 22 R Marshall
    86 Byrd, Emanuel TE 6-2 240 23 R Marshall
    27 Jones, Josh S 6-2 220 23 R North Carolina State

Along with a 2nd, 3rd and 4th round pick sound about right?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Jon Gruden was traded to Tampa for 2002 and 2003 first-round draft picks, 2002 and 2004 second-round draft picks, and $8 million in cash.

I'd gladly trade JS for one 1st rounder (14th overall).
    massari
    NET Veteran

• I agree I think John is gone. We get a couple picks..maybe a 2nd and a 3rd. Just don't give us Clay Matthews......
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Hmmm....how about their best two OLinemen and a 1st?
    A decision is expected within the next few days.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• Josh Jones would be a great get in return but who replaces JS in the office? Hopefully someone willing to force staff changes.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• Give us King and a 1st this year.
    Janis and King with a 3rd.
    Something like that or no deal.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• As mentioned earlier, Raiders got four picks for Gruden. If memory serves, the Jets gave a 1,2,3, and a 4 over four years to the Patriots for Bill Parcells back in the mid 90s.

I’d start with what the Rams got from the Redskins for RG3; two firsts, two seconds, and two thirds. Considering the the Packers are a conference rival, I’d make them pay through the nose for him, if they want him that badly.

If it were to happen, I’d be curious who the next man up would be. My guess is it would be a toss up between Trent Kirchner or Dan Morgan.
    ben@thetabs
    THE TABS
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Time for Paul Allen to bring out that blank check and satisfy Schneider.

Tired of other folks dream jobs being with other organizations. Why can't the Seahawks be a dream job? We have the richest owner in the league
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Looks like JS is staying
    IrishNW
    NET Veteran

• It's all over boys! We are safe!
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:

It's all over boys! We are safe!

Horray!
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Hooray...maybe...if JS can start drafting good again.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:

Wow, did John Schneider just watch his dream job slip through his fingers? How does he feel right now? Think he's happy in Seattle after seeing the door to his dream open and shut?
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

• From what I understood it was a moot point. His earlier contract allowed him the option to move to Green Bay should the job be opened. When he signed the extension this clause was eliminated.
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran

• BigBill1945 wrote:From what I understood it was a moot point. His earlier contract allowed him the option to move to Green Bay should the job be opened. When he signed the extension this clause was eliminated.

They still could have taken him with draft pics and position change....just a little bigger pay check or something. But glad the Packers did what they did.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Wow I though for sure he would be gone but it sounds like the Seahawks never had any intention of letting him go before his contract expires. Sweet!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• WindCityHawk wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

Wow, did John Schneider just watch his dream job slip through his fingers? How does he feel right now? Think he's happy in Seattle after seeing the door to his dream open and shut?

I actually feel bad for JS. Dream job, more power within the organization, and he had to watch it be taken by someone who isn't half the GM he is.

Gotta be slightly heartbreaking.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:
    WindCityHawk wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

I actually feel bad for JS. Dream job, more power within the organization, and he had to watch it be taken by someone who isn't half the GM he is.

Unless he didn't want it.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• Keep the Schneider :2thumbs:
    Things may get brighter...
    But in the end, Pete makes the final decisions,
    Ofttimes worse than rusted steel incisions
    Phoenix
    NET Practice Squad

• Relieved that JS is still with us. And a reminder that the only way we get better is if we take some of the power away from Pete. I honestly believe that Pete is the on responsible for the poor drafts and especially the wasted pick on Malik McDowell. Pete is also responsible for continuing the Offensive Line mediocrity by sticking with Cable.
    vigilantgrrl
    NET Bench Warmer

• vigilantgrrl wrote:Relieved that JS is still with us. And a reminder that the only way we get better is if we take some of the power away from Pete. I honestly believe that Pete is the on responsible for the poor drafts and especially the wasted pick on Malik McDowell. Pete is also responsible for continuing the Offensive Line mediocrity by sticking with Cable.

I am certain that the delegation of power doesn't lie with us. Delegation of power resides in Paul Allen's wheel house.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Bummer. His drafts have pretty much sucked since Pete didnt know the college game anymore and his free agents generally suck and trades usually dont work out. I would have been happy if he left.

Seems like we're pretty content with not getting any better.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Yeah, I'm sure they don't want to get better :roll:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Yeah, I'm sure they don't want to get better :roll:

What has the organization done to demonstrate they do want to get better?

While I don't agree with J.. atleast he provided some context to his statement.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Fair enough, I just don't agree at all, my opinion. In what world does this team not care about winning? All in how you look at it I guess. Would love to see some major changes to the coaching staff though.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:Bummer. His drafts have pretty much sucked since Pete didnt know the college game anymore and his free agents generally suck and trades usually dont work out. I would have been happy if he left.

Seems like we're pretty content with not getting any better.

You, my dear friend, are wrong! Shaq, our new young DB, whether anyone realizes it or not, If healthy, Chris Carson is going to be one hell of a Running Back, I guarantee it.

George Fant will be very good. I don't blame JS for the OLine, I put those on Cable.

Nazair Jones is going to be a Pro Bowler. Jarran Reed, Frank Clark, McDougald.

John's a magician, but he's also juggling what his head coach wants, with his eye for talent. I think Pete is behind these trades, although I believe Duane Brown and Sheldon Richardson have been worth it.

AND, how much better would Jimmy Graham had been if they hadn't tried to force him to block? Ridiculous. Even so, he set Seahawks TE records.

I believe JS is Elite, and I wouldn't trade him for anybody.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Fair enough, I just don't agree at all, my opinion. In what world does this team not care about winning? All in how you look at it I guess. Would love to see some major changes to the coaching staff though.

I agree. I've liked what JS has done, even if its not all worked out. the changes need to happen on the coaching side
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Yeah, I'm sure they don't want to get better :roll:

Of course they want to get better.............but let me ask you a question, what has been done so far that's telling us Pete and John ARE getting better?

It's early in the off season, so who knows. But I haven't seen even one move that tells me Pete and John are recognizing deficiencies, especially on the staff and doing something about it.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Season has been over for 8 days.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Season has been over for 8 days.

8 days that Bevell and Cable weren't fired.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Seanhawk wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    WindCityHawk wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

Unless he didn't want it.

Bingo.....Pete has always allowed guys to leave if that's what they wanted to do. There is absolutely ZERO doubt in my mind that if Schneider had any desire left to go to the Packers he'd have been allowed to interview.

I know when John first came here there was a lot of talk about the Packers being the only place he'd leave for, but he's now been here long enough to have built a life in the city. I find it quite easy to believe that he is happy here and passed on the Packers himself.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Absolutely.

No doubt in my mind if JS wanted to leave, he would.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Realize that GB is home in many ways for JS.

On the flip side, unlike GB, he has set his stamp on the current Seahawks. They aren't a carry over of Ted Thompson or Ron Wolf. The Hawks are the team he built, not continue to manage like he would GB.
    lobohawk
    NET Veteran

• lobohawk wrote:Realize that GB is home in many ways for JS.

On the flip side, unlike GB, he has set his stamp on the current Seahawks. They aren't a carry over of Ted Thompson or Ron Wolf. The Hawks are the team he built, not continue to manage like he would GB.

Very true, and even though Schneider would probably love to go back to GB..................I think he'd only go back if he was a total control GM/President.

Not go back to work under/with Thompson and be involved in a weird power struggle with McCarthy who's also asking for more control.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• lobohawk wrote:Realize that GB is home in many ways for JS.

Really, this team is labeled Pete Carrolls team all over, everything goes thru Pete, John wanted to take Russell in the 2nd round but Pete told him to wait till the 3rd, who is really running things? John and Pete have worked together yes, but this isn't Johns team like a team where a GM has complete control would be called Johns team.

If you look at the hirer in GB now the GM doesn't have control of the Coach there either, might be why it also became a non issue.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Season has been over for 8 days.

8 days that Bevell and Cable weren't fired.

Looks like the Panther just fired their OC and QB coach. Why the hell can't we get with the program?
    Sign37now
    NET Veteran

• I thought that the whole John Schneider Green Bay thing was dead in the water before it started. John had already signed a contract with Seattle and didn't express any interest in abandoning the Seahawks, as long as Pete Carroll wanted to remain head coach with them.

There were reporters that pressed Pete pretty hard in a recent press conference about how confident that he was about John not jumping ship and heading to Green Bay, and Pete said, multiple times, that he was very confident that John and him were planning on sticking around and turning Seattle into a Super Bowl bound team this year.

I think, as is the case with a lot of folks, who are feeling frustrated after this last season, and rightfully so, that many are looking for change, any kind of change, and that kind of thinking, can be a dangerous time for an entity like the Seahawks, in times like these, because that is when dumb decisions are often times made.

It appears to me, and much to the disappointment of a lot of 12th Men and Women, I'm sure, that there is a mindset of stick-to-it-iveness in the Emerald City and in the head offices of the Seattle Seahawks right now. Not to say that there might not be some big changes made, but no one is hitting the panic button, or jumping out the windows without a parachute right now. Something I'm glad to see.

They are on the other hand, taking a long hard look at themselves right now, and I am confident, that once they have objectively assessed things, that changes will come. This is going to be a game changing off-season, and good things are going to come of it. I think there are some real shockers in store, and there are sure to be changes that won't please everyone, but that will, in the overall scheme of things, will change the Seahawks team and how they play in 2018.

Pete Carroll is not only the oldest-youngest coach in the NFL, he is also the smartest and most qualified to be guiding this team forward. John has proven over and over again, that he is on-board with Pete, and is willing to do whatever he can to accommodate Pete's needs. In short John truly has Pete's back and vise-versa. Pete's has also proven time and again that he is perfectly capable of not letting, his loyalties and his emotions get in the way of making really tough decisions, when it involves whats best for the Seattle Seahawks.

I trust that he will always do, what he believes to the best thing for the team, every single time a choice has to be made, and he is not going to sacrifice, or gamble away, the chances of the Seahawks success, by not dropping the hatchet where and when it needs to be dropped.

Everyone associated with the team understands that at the end of the day it's business and not personal. Players, coaches, coordinators, trainers and anyone in anyway associated with or contributing to the success of the team, understand that are expendable, replaceable, and will be, wherever its deemed necessary. With that understanding there seldom any hard feelings associated with their departure.

Pete and John have established a history, of doing what they can, to help folks find new positions elsewhere, if they do decide to terminate their services with the team. I'm personally really excited about this off-season, like I haven't been in the past 40 seasons before this one. I sensing some real real change coming our way, and am confident that in 2018 we will find the Seahawks, making a really loud statement, that they are a genuine force to be reckoned with in their division.

If you are one of those people that likes to read between the lines, like I am, when you listen to Pete talk, on several occasions, and in one more recent interview, mentioned, that he and John were taking a long and hard look at this past season, and were going to objectively be addressing, all the needs of the team, and then followed those comments by assuring the media and the fans that both he and John, would remain open and receptive, to the insights, of the media and the fans, in their assessment of the teams needs going forward and that they would be included in their decision making processes.

I've pointed this fact out before in this forum, and will continue to remind all of us who care about this team, that what we have to say collectively, is being read and listened to by the Seahawks head office, their coaches, their trainers, and their players, and that what we have to share does find its way into the decision making process.

I think it's helpful to form your thoughts and opinions in a manner that would convince them that our thoughts are well reasoned and thoughtful, and not just reactionary character assassinations that we all are tempted to launch after a tough loss or a tough season in general.

Go Seahawks!
    The 12th man, is the true heart and soul of the Seahawks. As goes the 12th man, so go the Seahawks. Change is Inevitable. Seahawk 12th Man for Life.
    pacific101
    NET Starter

• pacific101 wrote:I thought that the whole John Schneider Green Bay thing was dead in the water before it started. John had already signed a contract with Seattle and didn't express any interest in abandoning the Seahawks, as long as Pete Carroll wanted to remain head coach with them.

There were reporters that pressed Pete pretty hard in a recent press conference about how confident that he was about John not jumping ship and heading to Green Bay, and Pete said, multiple times, that he was very confident that John and him were planning on sticking around and turning Seattle into a Super Bowl bound team this year.

I think, as is the case with a lot of folks, who are feeling frustrated after this last season, and rightfully so, that many are looking for change, any kind of change, and that kind of thinking, can be a dangerous time for an entity like the Seahawks, in times like these, because that is when dumb decisions are often times made.

It appears to me, and much to the disappointment of a lot of 12th Men and Women, I'm sure, that there is a mindset of stick-to-it-iveness in the Emerald City and in the head offices of the Seattle Seahawks right now. Not to say that there might not be some big changes made, but no one is hitting the panic button, or jumping out the windows without a parachute right now. Something I'm glad to see.

They are on the other hand, taking a long hard look at themselves right now, and I am confident, that once they have objectively assessed things, that changes will come. This is going to be a game changing off-season, and good things are going to come of it. I think there are some real shockers in store, and there are sure to be changes that won't please everyone, but that will, in the overall scheme of things, will change the Seahawks team and how they play in 2018.

Pete Carroll is not only the oldest-youngest coach in the NFL, he is also the smartest and most qualified to be guiding this team forward. John has proven over and over again, that he is on-board with Pete, and is willing to do whatever he can to accommodate Pete's needs. In short John truly has Pete's back and vise-versa. Pete's has also proven time and again that he is perfectly capable of not letting, his loyalties and his emotions get in the way of making really tough decisions, when it involves whats best for the Seattle Seahawks.

I trust that he will always do, what he believes to the best thing for the team, every single time a choice has to be made, and he is not going to sacrifice, or gamble away, the chances of the Seahawks success, by not dropping the hatchet where and when it needs to be dropped.

Everyone associated with the team understands that at the end of the day it's business and not personal. Players, coaches, coordinators, trainers and anyone in anyway associated with or contributing to the success of the team, understand that are expendable, replaceable, and will be, wherever its deemed necessary. With that understanding there seldom any hard feelings associated with their departure.

Pete and John have established a history, of doing what they can, to help folks find new positions elsewhere, if they do decide to terminate their services with the team. I'm personally really excited about this off-season, like I haven't been in the past 40 seasons before this one. I sensing some real real change coming our way, and am confident that in 2018 we will find the Seahawks, making a really loud statement, that they are a genuine force to be reckoned with in their division.

If you are one of those people that likes to read between the lines, like I am, when you listen to Pete talk, on several occasions, and in one more recent interview, mentioned, that he and John were taking a long and hard look at this past season, and were going to objectively be addressing, all the needs of the team, and then followed those comments by assuring the media and the fans that both he and John, would remain open and receptive, to the insights, of the media and the fans, in their assessment of the teams needs going forward and that they would be included in their decision making processes.

I've pointed this fact out before in this forum, and will continue to remind all of us who care about this team, that what we have to say collectively, is being read and listened to by the Seahawks head office, their coaches, their trainers, and their players, and that what we have to share does find its way into the decision making process.

I think it's helpful to form your thoughts and opinions in a manner that would convince them that our thoughts are well reasoned and thoughtful, and not just reactionary character assassinations that we all are tempted to launch after a tough loss or a tough season in general.

Go Seahawks!

Well that's a very long post basically saying in Pete and John I trust.

Last seasons conclusion one of the first things he said was that he was going to fix the running game and the excessive penalties. This past season guess what we led the league in Penalties and our Running game minus Wilson was last in the league, the one change was Sherman Smith asked to step down and it made things worse.

As of now we have seen zero changes this off season, internal evaluations could have been done last year and the same results would be our offense sucks, we can't run and situational play calling and usage of players is abysmal.

So three things come to mind, Pete is to arrogant to admit he is wrong, too loyal to his staff and employees, blind to what is obvious to everyone else.

Delaying changes on the other hand gives other teams a negotiations advantage in that they can go after who they want and sign them while were still trying to evaluate if we have decent personnel.

John Schneider on the other hand has for years said the Packers was his dream job, being told no by the Seahawks this time round when asked to speak to him was protection of our asset, and thankfully his out clause was not in this contract. When it's up again we will see if status quo remains in place or if another clause is put into place provided he and Pete are still here. That will be kind of telling about what he thinks of this situation.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Paul and Tod Leiweke hired John, not Pete. Pete had a role in the decision as to which of the final four candidates he preferred, but John does not report to Pete.

Denying the Packers the right to interview John would have been the decision of Paul and/or current team president, Peter McLoughlin.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:Time for Paul Allen to bring out that blank check and satisfy Schneider.

Tired of other folks dream jobs being with other organizations. Why can't the Seahawks be a dream job? We have the richest owner in the league

Hear HEAR! EXACTLY! But, I am in ignorance, how can this be exploited? I read somewhere that Paul Allen's net worth (and I don't like that raw stat; it seems a bit vulgar) is more than all the other NFL owners combined(?)

Of course players' salary cap, whatever it is, is sacrosant, but how else can we out-spend?
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Starter

• Aussie Seahawk wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:Time for Paul Allen to bring out that blank check and satisfy Schneider.

Hear HEAR! EXACTLY! But, I am in ignorance, how can this be exploited? I read somewhere that Paul Allen's net worth (and I don't like that raw stat; it seems a bit vulgar) is more than all the other NFL owners combined(?)

Of course players' salary cap, whatever it is, is sacrosant, but how else can we out-spend?

Hide suitcases full of millions of dollars all over the city and send stupidly easy treasure maps to the players.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:21 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information