Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Frank Clark emerging as a leader

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Frank Clark emerging as a leader
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:31 am
  • Thought this was very interesting as was the response by Mike Davis. Seems like the locker room needs more of this? I know I see it as a breath of ssh air.

https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/stat ... 2810290176
    "Pro Football is like nuclear warfare. There are no winners, only survivors"
    Frank Gifford
    Gametime
    NET Starter

Re: Frank Clark emerging as a leader
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:52 am
  • That is on Pete.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:00 pm
  • iigakusei wrote:That is on Pete.

I tend to agree. That's like your kids asking for more structure or accountability at home. Players need to step up as leaders but if the general attitude this season from coaches was "be yourself and have fun" then you don't have to ask where the lack of discipline originates.
    Frank Gifford
    Gametime
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:06 pm
  • Saw his tweet to MD yesterday, made me smile.

Frank’s a good guy.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:06 pm
  • I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw a LOT of the Hawks in the Jags yesterday. Their coach has zero control over them. Talking junk after every play, cheap shots etc. God forbid people just play football. Do we really need a dance like you cured cancer and/or a taunt after every play? Not trying to get off topic or anything.
    I love seeing a player who has no problem calling out the players, including himself. Kam's influence for sure.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:47 pm
  • I like what Frank has done here, and sounds like he is attempting to step up a bit, but leading the team through twitter is hardly being a leader. Not chicken shit sucker punching your teammate would be a better start IMO.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:55 pm
  • No doubt, might just be growing up. It has been known to happen. :lol:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:29 pm
  • Seymour wrote:I like what Frank has done here, and sounds like he is attempting to step up a bit, but leading the team through twitter is hardly being a leader. Not chicken shit sucker punching your teammate would be a better start IMO.

Ironic that Ifedi liked his tweet. Haha
    Frank Gifford
    Gametime
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:36 pm
  • Ifedi........dang, they just called another hold on him.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:49 pm
  • Gametime wrote:
    Seymour wrote:I like what Frank has done here, and sounds like he is attempting to step up a bit, but leading the team through twitter is hardly being a leader. Not chicken shit sucker punching your teammate would be a better start IMO.

Ironic that Ifedi liked his tweet. Haha

That is pretty hilarious. Possibly Ifedi believes Frank beat a couple of penalties out of him. :twisted:

Frank Clark.....the new Buttermaker.

Go Bears!!

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:05 pm
  • iigakusei wrote:That is on Pete.

Bingo.

Maybe a little less fun time Pete, techno Thursday and music blaring during practice, and a little more disciplined practices and preparation is in order for 2018.

Pete created this culture, he's the one who's going to have to reign it in..........and I think he does.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:22 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    iigakusei wrote:That is on Pete.

Bingo.

Maybe a little less fun time Pete, techno Thursday and music blaring during practice, and a little more disciplined practices and preparation is in order for 2018.

Pete created this culture, he's the one who's going to have to reign it in..........and I think he does.

I don't. The numbers say he won't reign it in. This is Pete ball get used to it. Very Tom Cable esque numbers in penalties year after year.
    3 out of the last 5 years Pete has put out the leagues worst disciplined teams. :pukeface:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/penalties-per-game?date=2018-01-13

2013 7.9 PPG #32 (league worst)
    2014 8.0 PPG #32 (league worst)
    2015 7.0 PPG #21
    2016 7.2 PPG #26
    2017 9.2 PPG #32 (league worst)
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:33 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    iigakusei wrote:That is on Pete.

Bingo.

I don't. The numbers say he won't reign it in. This is Pete ball get used to it. Very Tom Cable esque numbers in penalties year after year.
    3 out of the last 5 years Pete has put out the leagues worst disciplined teams. :pukeface:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/penalties-per-game?date=2018-01-13

2013 7.9 PPG #32 (league worst)
    2014 8.0 PPG #32 (league worst)
    2015 7.0 PPG #21
    2016 7.2 PPG #26
    2017 9.2 PPG #32 (league worst)

As much as I think Pete's being stubborn and as you put it "obtuse" about some of the necessary coordinator changes that should be happening now.................this is one area I think he does improve on.

Pete even said it in his end of the year presser, he said this teams talent margin of error is no longer there to make up for this big of a disparity in penalties and mental mistakes.

But we shall see.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:39 pm
  • Agree....we shall see.

We may just need to "get more used to them"

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:09 pm
  • original poster wrote:Saw his tweet to MK yesterday, made me smile.

Frank’s a good guy.

Frank Clark is all about owning up, he's a good man....He get's it. :2thumbs:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:45 am
  • I think it's a great thing to see Frank growing up in front of us. I would never want him to do anything other than be a leader for the team. We're going to need players of his ability going forward with all the attrition.

I think Pete should focus on the bigger problems with the team, and the players can police each other on the penalties.

I just don't see penalties as the reason why the Seahawks are watching the playoffs this year.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion...man." - The Dude
    CHawkTailGator
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:47 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw a LOT of the Hawks in the Jags yesterday. Their coach has zero control over them. Talking junk after every play, cheap shots etc. God forbid people just play football. Do we really need a dance like you cured cancer and/or a taunt after every play? Not trying to get off topic or anything.
    I love seeing a player who has no problem calling out the players, including himself. Kam's influence for sure.

That swagger is what makes them so good. I've never seen an elite defense of choir boys, you have to be nasty. Look at the 85 Bears, 2000's Ravens.

I don't condone the cheap shots but you do have to take away your opponents man hood.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:49 am
  • I love the swagger and confidence. But at the same time, you can make a play w/out taunting and/or acting like you cured a disease every time.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:16 am
  • WestcoastSteve wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw a LOT of the Hawks in the Jags yesterday. Their coach has zero control over them. Talking junk after every play, cheap shots etc. God forbid people just play football. Do we really need a dance like you cured cancer and/or a taunt after every play? Not trying to get off topic or anything.

That swagger is what makes them so good. I've never seen an elite defense of choir boys, you have to be nasty. Look at the 85 Bears, 2000's Ravens.

I don't condone the cheap shots but you do have to take away your opponents man hood.

Totally agree. From my point of view it was very much like watching the Hawks from 4 years ago as well.
    AlbaHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:37 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information