Frank Clark emerging as a leader

OP
OP
Gametime

Gametime

Reaction score
iigakusei":1vo2qmm5 said:
That is on Pete.

I tend to agree. That's like your kids asking for more structure or accountability at home. Players need to step up as leaders but if the general attitude this season from coaches was "be yourself and have fun" then you don't have to ask where the lack of discipline originates.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw a LOT of the Hawks in the Jags yesterday. Their coach has zero control over them. Talking junk after every play, cheap shots etc. God forbid people just play football. Do we really need a dance like you cured cancer and/or a taunt after every play? Not trying to get off topic or anything.
I love seeing a player who has no problem calling out the players, including himself. Kam's influence for sure.

Seymour

Reaction score
I like what Frank has done here, and sounds like he is attempting to step up a bit, but leading the team through twitter is hardly being a leader. Not chicken shit sucker punching your teammate would be a better start IMO.

OP
OP
Gametime

Gametime

Reaction score
Seymour":p1njdozc said:
I like what Frank has done here, and sounds like he is attempting to step up a bit, but leading the team through twitter is hardly being a leader. Not chicken shit sucker punching your teammate would be a better start IMO.

Ironic that Ifedi liked his tweet. Haha

Seymour

Reaction score
Gametime":tvo3p3h5 said:
Seymour":tvo3p3h5 said:

Ironic that Ifedi liked his tweet. Haha

That is pretty hilarious. Possibly Ifedi believes Frank beat a couple of penalties out of him. :twisted:

Frank Clark.....the new Buttermaker.

Go Bears!!

The-Bad-News-Bears.jpg

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
iigakusei":3970wtxi said:
That is on Pete.

Bingo.

Maybe a little less fun time Pete, techno Thursday and music blaring during practice, and a little more disciplined practices and preparation is in order for 2018.

Pete created this culture, he's the one who's going to have to reign it in..........and I think he does.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":i61qmm7i said:
iigakusei":i61qmm7i said:
That is on Pete.

Bingo.

Maybe a little less fun time Pete, techno Thursday and music blaring during practice, and a little more disciplined practices and preparation is in order for 2018.

Pete created this culture, he's the one who's going to have to reign it in..........and I think he does.

I don't. The numbers say he won't reign it in. This is Pete ball get used to it. Very Tom Cable esque numbers in penalties year after year.
3 out of the last 5 years Pete has put out the leagues worst disciplined teams. :pukeface:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/penalties-per-game?date=2018-01-13

2013 7.9 PPG #32 (league worst)
2014 8.0 PPG #32 (league worst)
2015 7.0 PPG #21
2016 7.2 PPG #26
2017 9.2 PPG #32 (league worst)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1kmc06a8 said:
Sgt. Largent":1kmc06a8 said:
iigakusei":1kmc06a8 said:
That is on Pete.

Bingo.

I don't. The numbers say he won't reign it in. This is Pete ball get used to it. Very Tom Cable esque numbers in penalties year after year.
3 out of the last 5 years Pete has put out the leagues worst disciplined teams. :pukeface:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/penalties-per-game?date=2018-01-13

2013 7.9 PPG #32 (league worst)
2014 8.0 PPG #32 (league worst)
2015 7.0 PPG #21
2016 7.2 PPG #26
2017 9.2 PPG #32 (league worst)

As much as I think Pete's being stubborn and as you put it "obtuse" about some of the necessary coordinator changes that should be happening now.................this is one area I think he does improve on.

Pete even said it in his end of the year presser, he said this teams talent margin of error is no longer there to make up for this big of a disparity in penalties and mental mistakes.

But we shall see.

Seymour

Reaction score
Agree....we shall see.

We may just need to "get more used to them"

scutterhawk

Reaction score
original poster":1m4tx3vg said:
Saw his tweet to MK yesterday, made me smile.

Frank’s a good guy.

Frank Clark is all about owning up, he's a good man....He get's it. :2thumbs:

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I think it's a great thing to see Frank growing up in front of us. I would never want him to do anything other than be a leader for the team. We're going to need players of his ability going forward with all the attrition.

I think Pete should focus on the bigger problems with the team, and the players can police each other on the penalties.

I just don't see penalties as the reason why the Seahawks are watching the playoffs this year.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":srmk8xhr said:
I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw a LOT of the Hawks in the Jags yesterday. Their coach has zero control over them. Talking junk after every play, cheap shots etc. God forbid people just play football. Do we really need a dance like you cured cancer and/or a taunt after every play? Not trying to get off topic or anything.
I love seeing a player who has no problem calling out the players, including himself. Kam's influence for sure.

That swagger is what makes them so good. I've never seen an elite defense of choir boys, you have to be nasty. Look at the 85 Bears, 2000's Ravens.

I don't condone the cheap shots but you do have to take away your opponents man hood.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I love the swagger and confidence. But at the same time, you can make a play w/out taunting and/or acting like you cured a disease every time.

AlbaHawk

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":2ayxpgfh said:
SoulfishHawk":2ayxpgfh said:

That swagger is what makes them so good. I've never seen an elite defense of choir boys, you have to be nasty. Look at the 85 Bears, 2000's Ravens.

I don't condone the cheap shots but you do have to take away your opponents man hood.

Totally agree. From my point of view it was very much like watching the Hawks from 4 years ago as well.

Latest posts