Runningbacks have been terrible since Lynch left

RussB

Reaction score
The running game is very important in the NFL. And that used to be a strength of this team. Ever since lynch left though its been pretty bad.

Rawls- Flash in the pan, had a few good games in 2015 and has been bad since then

Procise- Doesnt even play

C mike- not that good and always fumbles

Lacy- Fatass

Mike Davis- Decent back, nothing really amazing would make a good backup complimentary back

Carson- Showed flashes of of good play, dont know if hes gonna stay healthy or how good he really is

This team needs a runningback almost as bad as it needs cable to be gone. Most great teams in the NFL have a beast in the backfeild just look at whos in the playoffs. Everyone has talented backs. I hope they can draft someone like saquian barkley even though thats unlikely. But you get the point, they need a talented elite back again.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We kinda took Lynch's durability for granted, now we know how the other half lives with this revolving door of oft injured and inconsistent RB's.

I think Pete and John are comfortable going into 2018 with Carson, Davis and hopefully McKissic's back.........but make no mistake they will go after another RB in the draft.

Good news is this is one of the deepest RB drafts in a long time.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I don't think anyone has disagreed... Though I think a decent RB would be good enough.. Larry Csonka comes to mind.

red grenadine

Reaction score
It's a combination of the O-line and not having a world-beater RB

You guys remember how many times Lynch would get hit in the backfield and still make it back to the LOS or even eek out a decent gain? He was a truly special player

Any mere mortal RB, like the ones we have now, get tackled for losses

adeltaY

Reaction score
What's the likelihood of getting a generational talent at RB again, especially that cheap (traded fourth rounder)? Get a good run blocking line and a couple of healthy, explosive RBs, at least one who is a receiving threat and your set.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm sure I heard somewhere that when we won the SB we had the most expensive o line in the league. Beastmode was great but put him behind this line and see how he gets on. Ask Alex Collins.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":7trmp700 said:
I'm sure I heard somewhere that when we won the SB we had the most expensive o line in the league. Beastmode was great but put him behind this line and see how he gets on. Ask Alex Collins.

Collins is a perfect example that the run game is a three headed monster;

1. RB
2. Line
3. Scheme

Unfortunately we've had none of the above the past 2-3 years.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
adeltaY":jzmpb1z0 said:
What's the likelihood of getting a generational talent at RB again, especially that cheap (traded fourth rounder)? Get a good run blocking line and a couple of healthy, explosive RBs, at least one who is a receiving threat and your set.
You just have to draft well. Seahawks could have had Alvin Kamara but took ethan pocic instead.

Fade

Reaction score
The Hawks have generally drafted well at the position they have just been Cable'd.

Spencer Ware 6th Rd (Starting RB) (Couldn't keep due to deep roster, and he got a DUI.)
Thomas Rawls UDFA (He has regressed under Cable, and gotten worse.)
Alex Collins 5th Rd (Looked like a bust w/Cable, looked like a starter in BAL,)
Chris Carson 7th Rd (Looked impressive.)

They have consistently found starters with late rd picks. The problem to me continues to be coaching.

Suspect Picks
C-Mike 2nd Rd Bust (I wonder with different coaching what could of been, he clearly had talent.)
Procise 3rd Rd (Didn't mis-evaluate the talent. He is just made of glass.)

Bottomline the team needs a new O-Line coach.

These threads that keep popping up focusing on draft picks are missing the point entirely. Cable & Bevell are black holes that drag everyone down with them unless they are All-Pros talent wise, and can overcome them.

Focus on the defensive draft picks if you want to be critical. They at least can be honestly evaluated because they are competently coached on that side of the ball.

The talent evals are spot on at an incredibly high rate, it's just stuff keeps happening, Mainly Cabevell.

seahawksny

Reaction score
combo of both the O line and lack of a good back.
Lynch final season with us was not spectacular. Mostly because he had nobody blocking for him

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
seahawksny":2x0d5eck said:
combo of both the O line and lack of a good back.
Lynch final season with us was not spectacular. Mostly because he had nobody blocking for him
He was injured in his last season with the seahawks , but when healthy he was still consitently getting tough yards and was far better than any back they have had since.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Beast was kind of sucky just prior to leaving Seattle.
Loved the guy during his on years, but his clown thing was getting old. Just ask Oakland.

That said, he was the #2 reason we won a Super Bowl. (Our magnificent D was #1)

lobohawk

Reaction score
RussB":1szt27a1 said:
The running game is very important in the NFL. And that used to be a strength of this team. Ever since lynch left though its been pretty bad.

Rawls- Flash in the pan, had a few good games in 2015 and has been bad since then

Procise- Doesnt even play

C mike- not that good and always fumbles

Lacy- Fatass

Mike Davis- Decent back, nothing really amazing would make a good backup complimentary back

Carson- Showed flashes of of good play, dont know if hes gonna stay healthy or how good he really is

This team needs a runningback almost as bad as it needs cable to be gone. Most great teams in the NFL have a beast in the backfeild just look at whos in the playoffs. Everyone has talented backs. I hope they can draft someone like saquian barkley even though thats unlikely. But you get the point, they need a talented elite back again.

Description on the RBs is pretty on. Unfortunately, there was every reason to think Rawls could get it done. Even with Lynch injured in 2015, the Hawks were able to run. Rawls had 830 yrds in 7 games and even posted more yards in a single game than Lynch ever did.Then the Tasmanian Devil got loose in his head....

Chapow

Reaction score
red grenadine":1fehdxd6 said:
It's a combination of the O-line and not having a world-beater RB

You guys remember how many times Lynch would get hit in the backfield and still make it back to the LOS or even eek out a decent gain? He was a truly special player

Any mere mortal RB, like the ones we have now, get tackled for losses

Yep. Unless you're Beast Mode, it's pretty difficult playing RB in the NFL when you have to start breaking tackles before you even get back to the line scrimmage on a pretty consistent basis. I'd also say it's pretty difficult to evaluate RB's with an OL that in so inconsistent and sometimes downright horrible at run blocking.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I'm surprised there hasn't been the query of why all of our RB's for the past two years (Lacy exception) have been injured at one point or another. Are they all just soft? Maybe but something tells me that when a defense can just unload on our running game something is going to give.

Need a quality LG veteran to be our top priority this offseason. Do what you have to do but make it happen FO. I know there are many that say it won't matter if Cable is still here. That might be true but that doesn't mean we do nothing.

Chapow

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":c0gxqakt said:
I'm surprised there hasn't been the query of why all of our RB's for the past two years (Lacy exception) have been injured at one point or another. Are they all just soft? Maybe but something tells me that when a defense can just unload on our running game something is going to give.

Need a quality LG veteran to be our top priority this offseason. Do what you have to do but make it happen FO. I know there are many that say it won't matter if Cable is still here. That might be true but that doesn't mean we do nothing.

I gotta say, I don't think it's very fair or accurate to equate getting injured with being soft.

You think Bobby and Earl are soft?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Chapow":3izreh8t said:
seahawkfreak":3izreh8t said:

I gotta say, I don't think it's very fair or accurate to equate getting injured with being soft.

You think Bobby and Earl are soft?

It was a throw out line in case someone suggested that. No I don't think one is soft when they get injured. I also don't think being injury prone is a highly desirable attribute either.

Main point is I think our RBs have been getting hurt because our offensive scheme and that our O-line is severely inept. I apologize for the lack of clarity.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
It's really hard to grade the RB's since our oline sucks. We've been trying to replace Lynch with another power back but none of them have had a chance. You'd have to be as elusive as RW to escape the 2 to 4 rushers who are in the backfield on almost every play.

Early in the season and last year we seemed to have some success with the end around. I think that came to an end with the Duane Brown signing.

Chapow

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3m2m3zuy said:
our O-line is severely inept.

This is what I think the majority of the problem is. Not that the RB's are all terrible. We shouldn't need a once in a generation RB that can break three tackles in the backfield before carrying another three defenders on his back just to gain three yards.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2rrns5b9 said:
We kinda took Lynch's durability for granted, now we know how the other half lives with this revolving door of oft injured and inconsistent RB's.

I think Pete and John are comfortable going into 2018 with Carson, Davis and hopefully McKissic's back.........but make no mistake they will go after another RB in the draft.

Good news is this is one of the deepest RB drafts in a long time.
Lynch was always injured too he just played through it much of the time.