Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

OC Candidates + Further Questions

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: OC Candidates + Further Questions
Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:13 am
  • If we can't get Car or Dephil an interesting choice would be Joe Lombardi who is currently New Orlean's QB coach. I feel like we should be modeling our O on New Orleans give Russ a pocket and he can literally be a more athletic Drew Brees we saw it for half a year when he lit the league on fire.
    randomation
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:13 am
  • randomation wrote:If we can't get Car or Dephil an interesting choice would be Joe Lombardi who is currently New Orlean's QB coach. I feel like we should be modeling our O on New Orleans give Russ a pocket and he can literally be a more athletic Drew Brees we saw it for half a year when he lit the league on fire.

Lombardi was a name I mentioned earlier in the thread, the fact that he was Stafford’s OC for his best, or at least his only pro-bowl, year is a bonus.

Apparently he and Stafford had a rather apathetic relationship, "Stafford never really bought in to offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi," Rapoport said. "He was essentially nursing a hangover from the loss of Scott Linehan, his preferred offensive coordinator. (Stafford and Lombardi) were never on the same page. The hope now is with new offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter, that Stafford will get back to what he was doing two years ago.", which lead to his dismissal.
    "Est autem fides credere quod nondum vides; cuius fidei merces est videre quod credis."
    Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
    (St. Augustine of Hippo)

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."
    (“Ovid”)
    FidelisHawk
    NET Starter

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:01 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    nwHawk wrote:Keep an eye out for Marc Trestman. There are connectors to Pete and Russ (NC St). Just saying. First year Toronto head coach, this year, and goes out and wins the Gray Cup Campionship.

He’d be an interesting choice.

I was favoring Mark Helfrich, but the Bears killed that hope and I didn't even think about Trestman. I think Marc Trestman would be an amazing choice. Former QB with a lot of experience coaching and playing in colder wetter climates and he's put together solid offenses, regardless of where he's coached. Don't see the connectors to Russ, as Russell Wilson went to NC State a year after Trestman was fired from NC State when NC State ditched the entire coaching staff they had in 2006.

Anybody, but Chip Kelly. Chip Kelly has proven to be a personality cancer that rubs a lot of players the wrong way in the NFL, which will negatively effect us in free agency. I also don't mind us running an offense a little uptempo, but Kelly's tempo and offensive system isn't effective in the NFL and it'll put our defense in the same situation they were in this year with Bevell. They'll be on the field for 75% of the game almost every game for the first half of the season and we'll end up with an injury plagued defense by the 10th game of the year. We need a playcaller that can call effective net-positive plays and move the chains at a grind pace when we need to keep an opposing offense off the field and put the game away.

Walter Jones for OL Coach... Is this even something we need to debate?
    firebee
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:52 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Previous

It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:13 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information