OC Candidates + Further Questions

chris98251

Reaction score
Two questions as we wait for a Presser.

Is Cable kept or given OC duties ?

Who do you think Pete will target as O line Coach and OC if Cable is let go tomorrow as well.

Anchovy of Terror

Reaction score
I think cable is staying unfortunately, but I think Pete’s college days are are far enough behind him that we get some new blood in the building.

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
tom has gotta go hes as much to blame if not more kinda hoping pete goes after mcdaniels what with the NE fallout possibly with view to take over? i dunno dont want sarkisian though #gohawks

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Well it won't be Norm Chow, Sark is under contract with Atlanta I don't think they will let him go, Lane Kiffen is the next one that comes to mind.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Anybody above but Sark..Glad to stop seeing fire DB.
Hope it makes a huge difference with the offense and RW.

randomation

Reaction score
chris98251":3qqifdh0 said:
Well it won't be Norm Chow, Sark is under contract with Atlanta I don't think they will let him go, Lane Kiffen is the next one that comes to mind.

Lane Kiffin isn't taking an OC job. He is making a ton at The FAU and enjoying trolling Saban with full approval from the administration. He also probably has a huge buyout.

I want Defilippo

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
randomation":cl1saytf said:
chris98251":cl1saytf said:

Lane Kiffin isn't taking an OC job. He is making a ton at The FAU and enjoying trolling Saban with full approval from the administration. He also probably has a huge buyout.

Well that pretty much eats up most the USC coordinators.

Vesuve

Reaction score
chris98251":2z5lhc2b said:
When everyone wakes up today.

Two questions as we wait for a Presser.

Is Cable kept or given OC duties ?

Who do you think Pete will target as O line Coach and OC if Cable is let go tomorrow as well.

Cable won't be OC.

Hope he leaves though. Fresh eyes needed.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Cable won’t be fired until he completes his interviews with other orgs. Pete has class that way.

Also, let’s try and and get Paul Chryst to get Russ to throw 40 TDS again. :eek:

Ozzy

Reaction score
Philipo is going to be the next OC and that's a good thing. Just a hunch....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

London12

Reaction score
To steal what I wrote elsewhere word for word:

I was 50/50 on Bevell. Will be upset if it's just him and not Cable, who I'm 100% convinced needs to go. New guy will be hamstrung by Cable's OL too.

original poster

Reaction score
London12":odjii7la said:

I was 50/50 on Bevell. Will be upset if it's just him and not Cable, who I'm 100% convinced needs to go. New guy will be hamstrung by Cable's OL too.

UK FB page?

lobohawk

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. From what little I've seen, Cable was tied into OC duties, even if it was focused on the run game and line.

What new OC would come in knowing they'd have to share the job with Cable? Maybe someone up and coming, but I'd guess more experienced ones may balk at not having more control.

London12

Reaction score
original poster":rvt6oq16 said:
London12":rvt6oq16 said:

UK FB page?

Reddit - didn't know if you guys weren't ok with mentioning other sites.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Please Please look long and hard to find a QUALITY OC/OL combination. JS may go after Edgar Bennett, and I don't think that's necessarily a bad move. Not the best, but it wouldn't be terrible. I really hope seeing his Packers overhaul inspired him to do the same. Re-build the offense!

randomation

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":rx37l8bo said:
Cable won’t be fired until he completes his interviews with other orgs. Pete has class that way.

Also, let’s try and and get Paul Chryst to get Russ to throw 40 TDS again. :eek:

Chryst has a significant buyout and is coaching at his alma mater you aren't getting someone like him to be OC I would rather have DeFilipo anyway or however you spell it.