Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Kris Richard Next???

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Kris Richard Next???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:28 am
  • Scorpion05 wrote:
    WestcoastSteve wrote:
    Scorpion05 wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:Excited for a QB coach change too. Get someone young and creative to help Russell grow.

Impartial about KR getting fired, he's certainly not as good as Gus or Dan Quinn. Maybe finding someone fiery like Dan Quinn from college would be a nice change.

Kris is slightly better than Gus, not better than Quinn for sure

Based on what? Gus inherited a terrible defense and made it better. We led the NFL in scoring his final year and aside from our collapse in Atlanta we were really trending upwards.

Quinn
    Gus
    Richard

Actually he had several blown 4th quarters, and gave up early leads like he did to Atlanta. In the Redskins game right before that he gave up 14 points in the FIRST quarter to RG3, before his injury

People have a tendency to remember certain facts based on their biases. Kris Richards lost his defensive stars and still managed to keep a solid defense. Gus inherited young talent, saying he got a "Terrible defense" is the epitome of revisionism. He had young Sherm, young Earl, and young Wagz. Young stars all over that defense. Again, no one's saying Gus is bad. But this idea that Kris is terrible is extremely over the top and unfair imo. He's been solid. Could we do better?? Yes. Do I think we need a new DC? Yes. But he's capable enough to give us a defense that CAN win games

And even with his blunders, he shut down the Eagles high flying offense with Wentz, and the Cowboys. He reliably shut down the run outside of a few games. The 3rd & 10s were infuriating but outside of that I don't have much else to say. Richards also dealt with an offense that was 10000x less efficient than what Gus had

Kris Richards has had the benefit of vastly superior talent, not to mention the experience that said talent has accumulated.

And if you want talk blown 4th quarter leads, off the top of my head since 2015 - @Rams, @ Bengals, Panthers, Cardinals, Redskins....not to mention the constant 3rd and forever completions.
    el capitan
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:35 am
  • flmmkrz wrote:
    WindCityHawk wrote:Wow, give our injuries on that side of the ball, I didn't think Richard did too bad.

I'm worried seeing Richard's name called before Cable's...

This I feel is the problem, our expectations for our defense went out the window when the injuries hit, and rightfully so but we became easily impressed by a couple of solid showings. They still got smoked a few times in there and lets not forget when he had a full contingent of players this defense was under performing. The dline looked unable to generate pressure consistently all year, getting off the field for 3rd downs a continuing issue, penalties continued, temper flare ups continued. For the capital invested on that side of the ball, he wasn't getting the best out of his players, it's great that he made a few back ups look good but was that really something he did or did we just stumble into some good back ups. I definitely think Richard was part of the problem here

Can't argue with that. Still, it's surprising after the leeway they appeared to give Bevell. I guess as long as they've sharpened the axe, may as well use it.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:36 am

• Makes sense to me.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:38 am
  • el capitan wrote:Kris Richards has had the benefit of vastly superior talent, not to mention the experience that said talent has accumulated.

And I suppose we're not going to talk about the injury to Earl in 2016, or all of 2017.

In 2015, with everyone healthy, Seattle was #3 DVOA against both pass and run.

He was also the secondary coach during the Legion's rise.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:40 am
  • Scorpion05 wrote:
    WestcoastSteve wrote:
    Scorpion05 wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:Excited for a QB coach change too. Get someone young and creative to help Russell grow.

Impartial about KR getting fired, he's certainly not as good as Gus or Dan Quinn. Maybe finding someone fiery like Dan Quinn from college would be a nice change.

Based on what? Gus inherited a terrible defense and made it better. We led the NFL in scoring his final year and aside from our collapse in Atlanta we were really trending upwards.

Quinn
    Gus
    Richard

Actually he had several blown 4th quarters, and gave up early leads like he did to Atlanta. In the Redskins game right before that he gave up 14 points in the FIRST quarter to RG3, before his injury

People have a tendency to remember certain facts based on their biases. Kris Richards lost his defensive stars and still managed to keep a solid defense. Gus inherited young talent, saying he got a "Terrible defense" is the epitome of revisionism. He had young Sherm, young Earl, and young Wagz. Young stars all over that defense. Again, no one's saying Gus is bad. But this idea that Kris is terrible is extremely over the top and unfair imo. He's been solid. Could we do better?? Yes. Do I think we need a new DC? Yes. But he's capable enough to give us a defense that CAN win games

And even with his blunders, he shut down the Eagles high flying offense with Wentz, and the Cowboys. He reliably shut down the run outside of a few games. The 3rd & 10s were infuriating but outside of that I don't have much else to say. Richards also dealt with an offense that was 10000x less efficient than what Gus had

Sherm and Wagner only played for Bradley so you can't say he inherited them.

He did inherit Thomas but Earl went from a solid rookie to an All Pro under Gus.

You also can't say Richard hasn't blown leads -- see the Redskins and Cardinals game this year!!!
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:42 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    el capitan wrote:Kris Richards has had the benefit of vastly superior talent, not to mention the experience that said talent has accumulated.

And I suppose we're not going to talk about the injury to Earl in 2016, or all of 2017.

I don't think anyone is saying Richard is an awful coordinator. I think the argument is there's a good chance we will never be an elite defense ever again with him as DC.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:08 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    el capitan wrote:Kris Richards has had the benefit of vastly superior talent, not to mention the experience that said talent has accumulated.

I'm not disputing how good he was as a DB's coach, but the guy is not good enough to be a DC yet.

Richards had Avril, Bennett, Richardson, ET, Sherm, Chancellor, Wagner, KJ Wright etc.

The best Gus had was Chris Clemons and a bunch of raw rookies.

I'd trust Gus to do more with what Kris had than I would expect Kris to achieve anything with what Gus had (if that makes sense).
    el capitan
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:49 pm
  • People can talk about the injuries all they want, but our defense was still loaded with talent and still got torched by QBs named Blake Bortles and Drew Stanton. Avril, Sherm, and Kam (who by the way I think Macdougald is better than at this point) nowhere near should make the D drop off like that. Just look at the half hearted performance the D put up against LA.

Richard definitely deserves his share of the blame and this firing is justified as far as I’m concerned.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:51 pm
  • el capitan wrote:
    Scorpion05 wrote:
    WestcoastSteve wrote:
    Scorpion05 wrote:

Quinn
    Gus
    Richard

Kris Richards has had the benefit of vastly superior talent, not to mention the experience that said talent has accumulated.

And if you want talk blown 4th quarter leads, off the top of my head since 2015 - @Rams, @ Bengals, Panthers, Cardinals, Redskins....not to mention the constant 3rd and forever completions.

And with that superior talent, he's had us at number 1 and no worse than number 3 in most categories

Neither Gus or Quinn had to deal with that. Richards had an injured Bennett, no Sherm, no Kam, no Avril, an injured Wagner, lost Wright for a game, made Maxwell play above his head. Last year again, he lost Earl and had people banged up on defense

So no, your point is not a reasonable, objective view of Richard's tenure. Getting better than Richards would mean having the BEST DC in the league, whoever that is (Quinn?). And that's an extremely high standard.

Side Note: Off the top of your head you just mentioned games in which our offense was far more inept than it was under Gus or Quinn. 3 missed field goals in the Redskins game where the Skins offense barely scored points??? No Marshawn Lynch to keep the time of possession? Give me a break with these limited facts to make the guy seem like a bum. He's not. His tenure has been B+ with a few A+ in between, even WITH a banged up defense. Which makes him one of the better DC's in the league, even if we could do better
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:02 pm
  • Steve2222 wrote:People can talk about the injuries all they want, but our defense was still loaded with talent and still got torched by QBs named Blake Bortles and Drew Stanton. Avril, Sherm, and Kam (who by the way I think Macdougald is better than at this point) nowhere near should make the D drop off like that. Just look at the half hearted performance the D put up against LA.

Richard definitely deserves his share of the blame and this firing is justified as far as I’m concerned.

So Richards' defense put up a half hearted performance with a defense that was banged up...even though that defense had to defend a DYNAMIC Rams offense several times from the 40 yard line? Didn't Quinn blow a 10-14 point lead in the Super Bowl? Oh wait it's Tom Brady, so we excuse that. Pretty sure we wouldn't have excused Richards in a similar scenario

A shut down corner who REMOVES half the field shouldn't lead to a huge dropoff? Neither should a HOF safety who can go sideline to sideline like Earl last year? Neither should Bennett's bum knee, leading to QBs like Bortles being able to relax in the pocket? Come on. As Colin Cowherd would say, there's being right and getting it right. In the first game of the season when healthy, Richards shut down the Packers offense with Rodgers. We lost because of bad calls and our offense

Are you sure Quinn and Gus didn't blow similar games or give up points when they shouldn't? Recency bias is great but we can take a look back. Richards was arguably our most competent coach this season and faced the MOST adversity compared to many coordinators in the league. An offense that can't run, maintain time of possession, and a defense who's best D-lineman has a bad knee, a star linebacker with a hamstring injury all year long, and a corner that shuts down half the field out. Oh, and Earl missed a couple games.

Ridiculous. He's faced more adversity than any other DC in the Pete era, that's a fact. That doesn't make him faultless, but it makes the criticism of him here seem excessive and insane
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:14 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Jack Del Rio possibly ? Ex Trojan and has ties to Pete.

LOVE that.

Need a DC that can create some better pressure packages. Del Rio would be an upgrade.
    ben@thetabs
    THE TABS
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:16 pm
  • I don't get the sense that Kris Richard is necessarily gone. It seems like it's up to Richard. They feel he will have more success in pursuing future HC opportunities if he is not coaching under the shadow of Carroll.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:19 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:I don't get the sense that Kris Richard is necessarily gone. It seems like it's up to Richard. They feel he will have more success in pursuing future HC opportunities if he is not coaching under the shadow of Carroll.

Perhaps a jump before I push you scenario.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:22 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:People can talk about the injuries all they want, but our defense was still loaded with talent and still got torched by QBs named Blake Bortles and Drew Stanton. Avril, Sherm, and Kam (who by the way I think Macdougald is better than at this point) nowhere near should make the D drop off like that. Just look at the half hearted performance the D put up against LA.

So Richards' defense put up a half hearted performance with a defense that was banged up...even though that defense had to defend a DYNAMIC Rams offense several times from the 40 yard line? Didn't Quinn blow a 10-14 point lead in the Super Bowl? Oh wait it's Tom Brady, so we excuse that. Pretty sure we wouldn't have excused Richards in a similar scenario

A shut down corner who REMOVES half the field shouldn't lead to a huge dropoff? Neither should a HOF safety who can go sideline to sideline like Earl last year? Neither should Bennett's bum knee, leading to QBs like Bortles being able to relax in the pocket? Come on. As Colin Cowherd would say, there's being right and getting it right. In the first game of the season when healthy, Richards shut down the Packers offense with Rodgers. We lost because of bad calls and our offense

Are you sure Quinn and Gus didn't blow similar games or give up points when they shouldn't? Recency bias is great but we can take a look back. Richards was arguably our most competent coach this season and faced the MOST adversity compared to many coordinators in the league. An offense that can't run, maintain time of possession, and a defense who's best D-lineman has a bad knee, a star linebacker with a hamstring injury all year long, and a corner that shuts down half the field out. Oh, and Earl missed a couple games.

Ridiculous. He's faced more adversity than any other DC in the Pete era, that's a fact. That doesn't make him faultless, but it makes the criticism of him here seem excessive and insane

Sounds like a lot of excuses to me. A D consisting of Frank Clark, Sheldon Richardson, Michael Bennett, Bobby Wagner, KJ Wright, and Earl Thomas shouldn’t have been getting shredded like they did in a lot of games this year. Tennessee, Houston, Atlanta, Jacksonville, the second Rams game, and the second Arizona game we’re all pitiful performances.

Not to mention the third down defense the past two years and how pitiful it’s been. A change is needed.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:27 pm
  • original poster wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:I don't get the sense that Kris Richard is necessarily gone. It seems like it's up to Richard. They feel he will have more success in pursuing future HC opportunities if he is not coaching under the shadow of Carroll.

Could be, but if so, wouldn't they have given Bevell the same opportunity?

As long as Carroll is here, the defense has a chance to be really good (regardless of the DC).
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:28 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:I don't get the sense that Kris Richard is necessarily gone. It seems like it's up to Richard. They feel he will have more success in pursuing future HC opportunities if he is not coaching under the shadow of Carroll.

Could be, but if so, wouldn't they have given Bevell the same opportunity?

As long as Carroll is here, the defense has a chance to be really good (regardless of the DC).

Maybe they did and he wasn't on board.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:32 pm
  • FIRE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:35 pm
  • Looks like the Wiki has been updated

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris_Richard

"On January 10th 2018 Richard was hired to serve as defensive backs coach for the Green Bay Packers."
    Brett
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:42 pm
  • Brett wrote:Looks like the Wiki has been updated

"On January 10th 2018 Richard was hired to serve as defensive backs coach for the Green Bay Packers."

LOL you might want to re -read that!!

"On January 10th 2018 Richard was hired to serve as defensive backs coach for the Green Bay Patricia's Roller Derby Team.
    "
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:43 pm
  • If Richard isn't fired today he will likely stay.
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:44 pm
  • Paul is a pretty analytical guy and very much a behind the scenes personality. Doesn't do things knee-jerk and/or front and center very often. Very plausible he took a couple weeks to digest the good & the ugly of the team, a few chats w/Pete, and then a push to go in a direction he wants.

Pete would not have had much say at that point. Either start over w/him or start over without him.

That and the Seahawks are but one of many plates PA he's twirling at any given time.

The guy is a business-BEAST.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:44 pm
  • Chukarhawk wrote:If Richard isn't fired today he will likely stay.

They might be waiting for all his HC interview opportunities to dry up as a courtesy to him.

Kinda awkward if he gets fired here for him to be in the running for a HC job.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:45 pm
  • Chukarhawk wrote:
    Brett wrote:Looks like the Wiki has been updated

LOL you might want to re -read that!!

"On January 10th 2018 Richard was hired to serve as defensive backs coach for the Green Bay Patricia's Roller Derby Team.
    "

LMAO This was not here when I posted it. Alright who done it ? It's tell the truth Wednesday.
    Brett
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:49 pm
  • THE TABS wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Jack Del Rio possibly ? Ex Trojan and has ties to Pete.

LOVE that.

Need a DC that can create some better pressure packages. Del Rio would be an upgrade.

The same guy who gave up 43 points to a team called the Seahawks in Superbowl 48?

No thanks.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:50 pm

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:01 pm

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:02 pm
  • BamKam wrote:Go get Rex Ryan

That would be an incredible hire. He stunk on the offensive side of the ball but was near the top for DC's.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:03 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:People can talk about the injuries all they want, but our defense was still loaded with talent and still got torched by QBs named Blake Bortles and Drew Stanton. Avril, Sherm, and Kam (who by the way I think Macdougald is better than at this point) nowhere near should make the D drop off like that. Just look at the half hearted performance the D put up against LA.

Quinn blew a 28 point lead just last year :lol: Must suck to blow 2 superbowl leads as a coach both against Brady

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:05 pm

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:06 pm
  • harryjohnson wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    harryjohnson wrote:CBS reporting he's gone!

https://sportsradiokjr.iheart.com/conte ... s-richard/

Nah, they're just quoting "Softy."

This is the headline.

BREAKING: Seahawks fire Defensive Coach Kris Richard

But their source is only Softy, so . . . we'll see. No one else has independently verified this news, yet.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:08 pm
  • Yeah Carl Smith still shows up as a coach as well on .Com, the local mediots are all over wrong the last few days.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:08 pm
  • He already found a job. :)

"Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:09 pm

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:10 pm
  • Both still show up on the .com website where Bevell and Cable do not, Softy pushing viewers and clicks.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:14 pm
  • harryjohnson wrote:BREAKING: Seahawks fire Defensive Coach Kris Richard http://ihe.art/u9b6YD6

9:42 AM - Jan 10, 2018

BREAKING: Seahawks fire Defensive Coach Kris Richard | 1090 The Fan
    950 KJR's Dave 'Softy' Mahler reports Seahawks have fired Defensive Coach Kris Richard. QB Coach Carl Smith leaving too.

1090thefan.iheart.com

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fieldg ... oordinator

Still nothing new, yet. :2thumbs:
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:16 pm

• No mention of Richard, which seems to indicate what I suspected, that it's his choice on whether to return to the team. Moving on might be wise for his future career ambitions if he ever hopes to become a head coach.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:17 pm
  • ludakrishna wrote:I want to know whether this is a Paul Allen directive. Pete still wants to coach, but Paul told him the coordinators must go.

If Paul Allen demanded this, Pete Carroll would of walked. Pete would not remain if he did not have complete control
    warden
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:25 pm
  • pacific101 wrote:I think Kris has done well as Our defensive coach and I think the fact that he was able to reassemble a credible defense in spite of all the injuries we experienced with way too many of our key players was impressive to say the least. However if Gus is at all interested in returning to Seattle, and Kris doesn’t catch a HC spot somewhere, to see him remain with the Seahawks and possibly share a spot with Gus, I think we would see a legion of Boom Boom evolve in 2018.

Go Seahawks!

Did we have a bunch of injuries for the Tennessee game, vs an O that scored 10 vs Jacksonville? Our D also couldn't stop Atlanta the last 2 games, yes the kicker missed some kicks this year but he shouldn't have been in that position if the D stepped up.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:16 pm
  • Steve2222 wrote:
    Scorpion05 wrote:

Sounds like a lot of excuses to me. A D consisting of Frank Clark, Sheldon Richardson, Michael Bennett, Bobby Wagner, KJ Wright, and Earl Thomas shouldn’t have been getting shredded like they did in a lot of games this year. Tennessee, Houston, Atlanta, Jacksonville, the second Rams game, and the second Arizona game we’re all pitiful performances.

Not to mention the third down defense the past two years and how pitiful it’s been. A change is needed.

There are excuses and there are facts

There were people in here giving Quinn an excuse in the Super Bowl. "Lane got hurt! Edelman abused that guy he sucked anyway! Tom Brady is Tom Brady"

Seems we make excuses for who we like. There's making excuses and there's being reasonable
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:20 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:
    pacific101 wrote:I think Kris has done well as Our defensive coach and I think the fact that he was able to reassemble a credible defense in spite of all the injuries we experienced with way too many of our key players was impressive to say the least. However if Gus is at all interested in returning to Seattle, and Kris doesn’t catch a HC spot somewhere, to see him remain with the Seahawks and possibly share a spot with Gus, I think we would see a legion of Boom Boom evolve in 2018.

Go Seahawks!

Did we have a bunch of injuries for the Tennessee game, vs an O that scored 10 vs Jacksonville? Our D also couldn't stop Atlanta the last 2 games, yes the kicker missed some kicks this year but he shouldn't have been in that position if the D stepped up.

The Titans have been sporadic. They gave the Rams a run for their money and that game was extremely close. You know what made the difference? A competent offense by the Rams to win a tough road game

At least be balanced. You wanna say Richards should have done better fine, which defensive coordinator in the last 5 years faced as much as Richards this year and overcame it? Don't just factor in injuries, factor in our inept first half offense
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:28 pm
  • I hope so. Clean house.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:36 pm
  • Michael Barrow would be my guess too.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:05 am
  • So do we still not know if he's gone or not?
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:50 pm
  • ludakrishna wrote:I want to know whether this is a Paul Allen directive. Pete still wants to coach, but Paul told him the coordinators must go.

I guarantee you these changes do not occur without Allen's approval.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:05 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:
    ludakrishna wrote:I want to know whether this is a Paul Allen directive. Pete still wants to coach, but Paul told him the coordinators must go.

Prove it, show the quote, show the link, show the video , you guaranteed it so we want prove or your guarantee is worth as much as a piss in the wind. No reason to have GM, Head Coach, Executive President of Football Operations to run the team and personnel I guess. That is what they get paid to do, hirer players, coaches, call plays etc or does Paul do that also.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:16 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:
    ludakrishna wrote:I want to know whether this is a Paul Allen directive. Pete still wants to coach, but Paul told him the coordinators must go.

Input yes? Approval? No.

The very reason Pete came here is because Allen promised him full control over the entire football side of operations. But like any good owner that delegates and trusts his employees to do their job, Allen gives Pete the rope he needs...........but also has input, especially when shizzle goes wrong like it did this year.

So yeah I'm sure Allen and Pete met after the end of the season, probably multiple times. But ORDERED Pete to make changes? No way, Pete would quit if that ever happened.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:31 pm
  • Did you even watch that super bowl ?
    Brady was being shut down until lane and Avril I think went out
    We just had no depth to be able to stop those routes but yeah , it's on the DC as well
    That was back when lane was good but after that he was never the same guy
    It does take good players as well as a good coach
    Quinn
    Bradley
    Richard
    In that order
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Starter

Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:46 am
  • So still nothing official. Only that moron softy saying this???
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:04 pm
  • My opinion is that the LOB made Kris Richard, not the other way around. He lucked out getting a system probably the product of Dan Quinn mostly.
    captSE
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:34 pm
  • gowazzu02 wrote:So still nothing official. Only that moron softy saying this???

Not just Softy. Seattle Times confirms Richards was "suggested to find new work". Can't post the link because they block you after soo many articles per week, but look around, this is known to be true.

Here is another source.

Seymour
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:14 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information