Normal time frame for new coach hires?

johnnyfever

Reaction score
This isn't a specific cable/bevell/etc post, but rather more a of a generic question on how long teams take to fill open positions under head coach/gm.

A week? Looking for knowledge from folks who pay attention to off-season stuff.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Depends on who we're targeting.

No more bye week, so if we're targeting an OC that's currently in the playoffs, going to have to wait a week, or even a month. If it's a currently available OC, then it can happen very quickly.

Also remember we have to abide by the Rooney rule, so gotta interview minority candidate(s), that can add days or weeks.

I get why the league instituted the Rooney Rule, it's a good policy in theory................................ but IMO it's an empty gesture. Teams are going to hire who they want to hire, just interviewing minorities doesn't do anything other than make the process last longer than it needs to.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1m5e3z79 said:
Depends on who we're targeting.

No more bye week, so if we're targeting an OC that's currently in the playoffs, going to have to wait a week, or even a month. If it's a currently available OC, then it can happen very quickly.

Also remember we have to abide by the Rooney rule, so gotta interview minority candidate(s), that can add days or weeks.

I get why the league instituted the Rooney Rule, it's a good policy in theory................................ but IMO it's an empty gesture. Teams are going to hire who they want to hire, just interviewing minorities doesn't do anything other than make the process last longer than it needs to.
I believe that the Rooney rule only applies to head coaches and senior operating officers... not to coordinators.