Cable may not escape the Wrath of Justice

Seymour

Reaction score
Hearing Cable may actually be promoted has me pretty disturbed and would completely shake my faith in Pete. This thread is for reasons why you may or may not believe Cable is still on the block.

Found this article from Condota that brings me hope that Cable will indead be gone, and why he's not been announced yet.

And best of all, it passes the test of logic....

I've been critical of Pete on a few things, but I don't think he is dumb enough to keep your biggest resource hog (Cable poor oline building), and pass that along to a new OC and keep Cable in charge of the "broken run game".

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...er-offensive-changes-could-be-coming-as-well/

One source told the Times that additional offensive coaching staff changes could wait until the hiring of a new offensive coordinator. But depending on the new OC — who would undoubtedly be given the latitude to hire much of his own staff — among the changes could be a new offensive line coach.

Cable has been Seattle’s offensive line coach since 2011 and also has coordinated the team’s running game since then and also carries the title of assistant head coach.

But a new OC would be given the ability to hire a new offensive line coach and it’s thought that the Seahawks have told Cable to pursue other opportunities, as well, with uncertainty surrounding the entire offensive coaching staff. There has also been speculation that Cable could be promoted to offensive coordinator but one source indicated it’s unclear if that’s an option.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":2kyzr1w6 said:
Hearing Cable may actually be promoted has me pretty disturbed and would completely shake my faith in Pete. This thread is for reasons why you may or may not believe Cable is still on the block.

Found this article from Condota that brings me hope that Cable will indead be gone, and why he's not been announced yet.

And best of all, it passes the test of logic....

I've been critical of Pete on a few things, but I don't think he is dumb enough to keep your biggest resource hog (Cable poor oline building), and pass that along to a new OC and keep Cable in charge of the "broken run game".

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...er-offensive-changes-could-be-coming-as-well/

One source told the Times that additional offensive coaching staff changes could wait until the hiring of a new offensive coordinator. But depending on the new OC — who would undoubtedly be given the latitude to hire much of his own staff — among the changes could be a new offensive line coach.

Cable has been Seattle’s offensive line coach since 2011 and also has coordinated the team’s running game since then and also carries the title of assistant head coach.

But a new OC would be given the ability to hire a new offensive line coach and it’s thought that the Seahawks have told Cable to pursue other opportunities, as well, with uncertainty surrounding the entire offensive coaching staff. There has also been speculation that Cable could be promoted to offensive coordinator but one source indicated it’s unclear if that’s an option.

That quote hedges both sides of the bet with sources, we have sources here that have been saying that since 3:00 am this morning. Pete will not give someone else ability to hire, he wants a certain mentality and teaching philosophy in his coaches.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":16exp20w said:
That quote hedges both sides of the bet with sources, we have sources here that have been saying that since 3:00 am this morning. Pete will not give someone else ability to hire, he wants a certain mentality and teaching philosophy in his coaches.

I don't quite see how it would be pro Cable. The only way I see it being pro, is if a new OC came in and actually wanted to have Cable here since it implies it likely would be up to him.

sutz

Reaction score
chris98251":1tw3sd13 said:
Yeah, but Pete would be a fool to not seek out the opinion of his new OC on whether his Oline coach is the right guy. I don't think Pete is a fool. Now, it would appear that Cable has more respect around the league among talking heads and coaches than he has around here. However, a new OC very well could want to bring in his own guy, and if it was me, I wouldn't sign up for the job unless I have some control over my subordinates.

People misunderstand the "assistant head coach" title. Mostly, I think it is a ruse to prevent other teams from poaching assistant coaches. Teams cannot steal an assistant head coach unless they make him a head coach without permission of the controlling team, until his contract expires.

We could very well be waiting for teams to get done with the playoffs to do active hiring.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Schefty was giving Cable all sorts of love, and not placing the blame for the line and run game strictly at his feet. What are we all missing.

ivotuk

Reaction score
flmmkrz":32y3fmcx said:
Schefty was giving Cable all sorts of love, and not placing the blame for the line and run game strictly at his feet. What are we all missing.

Fire Schefter!

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
ivotuk":1vd2y1mc said:
flmmkrz":1vd2y1mc said:

Fire Schefter!

Pit of misery 59f16e