Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Unintended/Intended consequences of Firing Bevell

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • It also sends a message to players.

"It's time to shake things up, so don't get comfortable in your position, because nobody's safe!"

"Players who aren't all in on being a Seahawk may be gone too."

I think this will have this, and other positive effects on the team. It will certainly refresh the fan base...unless Pete keeps/promotes Cable. That will lose him fans, and possibly Players.

It will also help heal the wound left over from the Superbowl loss.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• So, Always Compete is the motto once again? :stirthepot:
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• Unintended consequence: things get worse before they get better, because swapping OC's isn't an instant fix.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Another interesting take I heard was a new OC will take Russ out of his comfort zone, the report suggested that Pete may want a hard nosed type to come on board and keep Russ on his toes.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:Another interesting take I heard was a new OC will take Russ out of his comfort zone, the report suggested that Pete may want a hard nosed type to come on board and keep Russ on his toes.

So Holmgren is coming back :)

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I agree with Original. Word is Russ likes a motivational guy that maybe yells at him or holds him accountable. Russell wants to be the best in the league and wants a fire under his ass from the right supportive coordinator/QB Coach. Russ is a grinder
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Unintended consequence: things get worse before they get better, because swapping OC's isn't an instant fix.

Two words: SEAN MCVAY.

Overhauling an offensive staff can make a world of difference.
    ben@thetabs
    THE TABS
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• THE TABS wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Unintended consequence: things get worse before they get better, because swapping OC's isn't an instant fix.

Can.

Doesn't always.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• THE TABS wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Unintended consequence: things get worse before they get better, because swapping OC's isn't an instant fix.

And how far did McVay take this amazing new offense? One and done in the post-season.

Let's see some long-term and deeper post-season success before using him as the automatic solution to Offense woes.
    NET Veteran

• Ad Hawk wrote:
    THE TABS wrote:

And how far did McVay take this amazing new offense? One and done in the post-season.

Let's see some long-term and deeper post-season success before using him as the automatic solution to Offense woes.

Nah he took a 4-12 team with probably the worst offense in the NFL to an 11-5 Division winner and #1 offense in the NFL. Nice try on trying to play down the remarkable job he did though.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Who says this is an unintended consequence?.........

I think it was very much intended
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Steve2222 wrote:
    Ad Hawk wrote:
    THE TABS wrote:

Nah he took a 4-12 team with probably the worst offense in the NFL to an 11-5 Division winner and #1 offense in the NFL. Nice try on trying to play down the remarkable job he did though.

The point is that this team has the pieces, according to many on this board, of going much further than one-and-done. I'm not saying it's not remarkable, but that Fischer wasn't using the talent nearly well enough, and McVay still has much to prove. If you're fine with not winning a game in the playoffs, then your point stands, 2222.
    NET Veteran

• Ad Hawk wrote:
    THE TABS wrote:

Also not sure that it was all on McVay. Goff was in his second year and they went out and got a decent Oline. I clearly remember when we played them Goff had all day to throw. Wouldn't that be nice for RW?
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:04 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information