Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Unintended/Intended consequences of Firing Bevell

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • It also sends a message to players.

    "It's time to shake things up, so don't get comfortable in your position, because nobody's safe!"

    "Players who aren't all in on being a Seahawk may be gone too."

    I think this will have this, and other positive effects on the team. It will certainly refresh the fan base...unless Pete keeps/promotes Cable. That will lose him fans, and possibly Players.


    It will also help heal the wound left over from the Superbowl loss.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

    http://ivotuk.com/
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 17017
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


  • So, Always Compete is the motto once again? :stirthepot:
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    User avatar
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2621
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


  • Unintended consequence: things get worse before they get better, because swapping OC's isn't an instant fix.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 16859
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • Another interesting take I heard was a new OC will take Russ out of his comfort zone, the report suggested that Pete may want a hard nosed type to come on board and keep Russ on his toes.
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 2781
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


  • original poster wrote:Another interesting take I heard was a new OC will take Russ out of his comfort zone, the report suggested that Pete may want a hard nosed type to come on board and keep Russ on his toes.



    So Holmgren is coming back :)
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 23679
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • I agree with Original. Word is Russ likes a motivational guy that maybe yells at him or holds him accountable. Russell wants to be the best in the league and wants a fire under his ass from the right supportive coordinator/QB Coach. Russ is a grinder
    User avatar
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 598
    Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:05 am


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Unintended consequence: things get worse before they get better, because swapping OC's isn't an instant fix.


    Two words: SEAN MCVAY.

    Overhauling an offensive staff can make a world of difference.
    ben@thetabs
    User avatar
    THE TABS
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 213
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:26 am
    Location: Ephrata, WA


  • THE TABS wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Unintended consequence: things get worse before they get better, because swapping OC's isn't an instant fix.


    Two words: SEAN MCVAY.

    Overhauling an offensive staff can make a world of difference.


    Can.

    Doesn't always.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 16859
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • THE TABS wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Unintended consequence: things get worse before they get better, because swapping OC's isn't an instant fix.


    Two words: SEAN MCVAY.

    Overhauling an offensive staff can make a world of difference.


    And how far did McVay take this amazing new offense? One and done in the post-season.

    Let's see some long-term and deeper post-season success before using him as the automatic solution to Offense woes.
    ____________
    BLUE and GREEN...
    User avatar
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1630
    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 am


  • Ad Hawk wrote:
    THE TABS wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Unintended consequence: things get worse before they get better, because swapping OC's isn't an instant fix.


    Two words: SEAN MCVAY.

    Overhauling an offensive staff can make a world of difference.


    And how far did McVay take this amazing new offense? One and done in the post-season.

    Let's see some long-term and deeper post-season success before using him as the automatic solution to Offense woes.


    Nah he took a 4-12 team with probably the worst offense in the NFL to an 11-5 Division winner and #1 offense in the NFL. Nice try on trying to play down the remarkable job he did though.
    User avatar
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1628
    Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:12 am


  • Who says this is an unintended consequence?.........

    I think it was very much intended
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6993
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • Steve2222 wrote:
    Ad Hawk wrote:
    THE TABS wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Unintended consequence: things get worse before they get better, because swapping OC's isn't an instant fix.


    Two words: SEAN MCVAY.

    Overhauling an offensive staff can make a world of difference.


    And how far did McVay take this amazing new offense? One and done in the post-season.

    Let's see some long-term and deeper post-season success before using him as the automatic solution to Offense woes.


    Nah he took a 4-12 team with probably the worst offense in the NFL to an 11-5 Division winner and #1 offense in the NFL. Nice try on trying to play down the remarkable job he did though.


    The point is that this team has the pieces, according to many on this board, of going much further than one-and-done. I'm not saying it's not remarkable, but that Fischer wasn't using the talent nearly well enough, and McVay still has much to prove. If you're fine with not winning a game in the playoffs, then your point stands, 2222.
    ____________
    BLUE and GREEN...
    User avatar
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1630
    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 am


  • Ad Hawk wrote:
    THE TABS wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Unintended consequence: things get worse before they get better, because swapping OC's isn't an instant fix.


    Two words: SEAN MCVAY.

    Overhauling an offensive staff can make a world of difference.


    And how far did McVay take this amazing new offense? One and done in the post-season.

    Let's see some long-term and deeper post-season success before using him as the automatic solution to Offense woes.


    Also not sure that it was all on McVay. Goff was in his second year and they went out and got a decent Oline. I clearly remember when we played them Goff had all day to throw. Wouldn't that be nice for RW?
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

    SC
    User avatar
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2939
    Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:29 am




It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:04 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information