Unintended/Intended consequences of Firing Bevell

ivotuk

Reaction score
It also sends a message to players.

"It's time to shake things up, so don't get comfortable in your position, because nobody's safe!"

"Players who aren't all in on being a Seahawk may be gone too."

I think this will have this, and other positive effects on the team. It will certainly refresh the fan base...unless Pete keeps/promotes Cable. That will lose him fans, and possibly Players.

It will also help heal the wound left over from the Superbowl loss.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Unintended consequence: things get worse before they get better, because swapping OC's isn't an instant fix.

original poster

Reaction score
Another interesting take I heard was a new OC will take Russ out of his comfort zone, the report suggested that Pete may want a hard nosed type to come on board and keep Russ on his toes.

chris98251

Reaction score
original poster":2fuvrou6 said:
Another interesting take I heard was a new OC will take Russ out of his comfort zone, the report suggested that Pete may want a hard nosed type to come on board and keep Russ on his toes.

So Holmgren is coming back :)

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I agree with Original. Word is Russ likes a motivational guy that maybe yells at him or holds him accountable. Russell wants to be the best in the league and wants a fire under his ass from the right supportive coordinator/QB Coach. Russ is a grinder

THE TABS

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3i93igbf said:
Unintended consequence: things get worse before they get better, because swapping OC's isn't an instant fix.

Two words: SEAN MCVAY.

Overhauling an offensive staff can make a world of difference.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
THE TABS":160rdobp said:
MontanaHawk05":160rdobp said:

Can.

Doesn't always.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
THE TABS":ifjhjz19 said:
MontanaHawk05":ifjhjz19 said:

And how far did McVay take this amazing new offense? One and done in the post-season.

Let's see some long-term and deeper post-season success before using him as the automatic solution to Offense woes.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":18tmug3m said:
THE TABS":18tmug3m said:
MontanaHawk05":18tmug3m said:

And how far did McVay take this amazing new offense? One and done in the post-season.

Let's see some long-term and deeper post-season success before using him as the automatic solution to Offense woes.

Nah he took a 4-12 team with probably the worst offense in the NFL to an 11-5 Division winner and #1 offense in the NFL. Nice try on trying to play down the remarkable job he did though.

mikeak

Reaction score
Who says this is an unintended consequence?.........

I think it was very much intended

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":1ut5fq01 said:
Ad Hawk":1ut5fq01 said:
THE TABS":1ut5fq01 said:
MontanaHawk05":1ut5fq01 said:

Nah he took a 4-12 team with probably the worst offense in the NFL to an 11-5 Division winner and #1 offense in the NFL. Nice try on trying to play down the remarkable job he did though.

The point is that this team has the pieces, according to many on this board, of going much further than one-and-done. I'm not saying it's not remarkable, but that Fischer wasn't using the talent nearly well enough, and McVay still has much to prove. If you're fine with not winning a game in the playoffs, then your point stands, 2222.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":36i4mnsh said:
THE TABS":36i4mnsh said:
MontanaHawk05":36i4mnsh said:

Also not sure that it was all on McVay. Goff was in his second year and they went out and got a decent Oline. I clearly remember when we played them Goff had all day to throw. Wouldn't that be nice for RW?