Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Cable GONE

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Cable GONE
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:04 pm

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:06 pm
  • Can't wait to see who they bring in. I have to see that before jumping for joy!
    Beast Mode 05 Sep 12 - "And then with our defense playing the way that they've been playing, we don't even need an offense."
    dbsn2420
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:07 pm
  • There IS a God.
    endzorn
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:12 pm
  • "Seahawks CONFIRM that Tom Cable and Darrell Bevell have been relieved of their duties"

On the 710 podcast page
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:18 pm

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:19 pm
  • More good news. At least we can actually look forward to next season’s offense with some hope.
    Go Hawks!
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:21 pm
  • Best day of my life
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:25 pm
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:32 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:I am now officially interested in the 2018 Seahawks again.

^ DITTO! :irishdrinkers:
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:41 pm

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:47 pm
  • HansGruber wrote:Man, this is such excellent news. I'm ecstatic today, and will be purchasing season tickets for next season again. The Seahawks did the right thing.

I sure would like to hear from those folks who questioned my and other fans' fanhood over this. Y'all said we didn't know anything, that Pete would keep these guys unless he was fired, and that he knew WAY better than we did. We were just too blinded by impatience and fairweather fanhood to see what Pete Carroll saw.

Uhhhhh.... yeah. LOL.

I mean, I was angry but I was never anti-Pete enough to stop watching. That would suggest that I'm a Hawks fan who only cared for the team once Pete started winning.
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:49 pm
  • I don't always post a lot, if ever, but when I do, I post because the Cable that has been holding us back for several years has finally been severed, its time to CELEBRATE! Thank you Pete and John! (and Mr Allen) I guess the question now is, can we lure another OL coach away from another team to
    come here and work with our current players. Seems to me it wouldn't be a very desirable
    situation to get into, considering what they would have to work with.
    Only time will tell I suppose.
    oldschlhwkfn
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:50 pm

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:50 pm
    Danny Darko
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:52 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    FlyHawksFly wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    FlyHawksFly wrote:
    As you post your celebratory memes, keep in mind that hardworking Seahawks coaches are able to see what you're writing, and that doubling down and being a "tough, gotta earn your pay" hardass doesn't make it any less so. If you've never been on the field yourself...

It's part of the job. When you make over a million dollars per year as a football coach, getting fired is part of the occupational risk.

Yeah I get it. Thought it was fitting to repost what Montana had posted at the beginning of the year in relation to Kearse getting traded, considering his response here.

This is actually worse than the Kearse trade, he still had a job. These ass hats don't.

I don't care either way, just callin out the double standard.

Meh, to all points made at the end of the day if you move up the ladder in life and make millions, everything changes, from the house you own to the education you can provide to your kids. For that reason, I do hope they find other opportunities and succeed. I don't want them to be failures for the rest of their lives just so that we can all feel "Vindicated" in some petty way. I do for one hope they find success just as I was happy Kearse found success with the Jets.
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:03 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:For those who said Pete would never fire Bevell/Cable, time to eat some crow.

:stirthepot:

I thought Pete was the one who said that he wasn't making any changes?
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:10 pm
  • To the Pit of Misery with the both of them.

Dilly, Dilly
    SPIRITOF12
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:14 pm
  • harryjohnson wrote:Careful what you wish for...the fake grass isn't always greener.

What a silly post

We were never making the playoffs with cable and bevell. Could we get worse sure but we were trending further south every year. It was time for a change.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:01 pm
  • What an absolute joyous day for Seahawk fans. I cant stop smiling.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:15 pm
  • C'mon BRING ON JONESSSSSS!!!!!!! Or Tim Drevno!!!! His O-Line gave our Defense FITS when he was at San Fran.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:12 pm
  • Just saw this as I was working all day! This has been the single greatest day in Seahawk history since winning the super bowl. There may in fact be a God!!
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:17 pm
  • Up until today I have been an atheist.... but not today.

Thank.You.God. :2thumbs:
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:22 pm
  • onanygivensunday wrote:Up until today I have been an atheist.... but not today.

Thank.You.God. :2thumbs:

I was wearing my Pete Robber Baron shirt to work today. I think that was part of the miracle.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:58 pm
  • Boom! Officially excited.
    The Moment: Image
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:16 pm
  • Who do you all think had a bigger impact on our struggles, Cable or Bevel.

Bevel's play calling maybe of question, but the run game and line were Cables.

Who is responsible for the execution of plays? Cause even if Bevel's play calling was bad, the execution of plays was awful and I'm not sure that's on Bevel.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:32 pm
  • Danny Darko wrote:

I'm happy as heck with Cable being relieved of his duties, however, a ton of sacks are on Wilson. He loves to run around like a chicken with his head cut off. Sometimes he makes an amazing play, sometimes not.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:35 pm
  • This was clearly necessary. Like Bevell, I don't know what was and wasn't Cable's fault, but at some point we need to see some results or give someone else a shot. And if Cable really is a great OL coach as some claim and the team has been setting him up to fail, I really wonder why he stuck around here.

Thanks for the past, I do believe he was a big part of the SB win, but time to get some fresh faces in here.
    SeahawksCanuck
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:38 pm
  • King Dog wrote:I'm happy as heck with Cable being relieved of his duties, however, a ton of sacks are on Wilson. He loves to run around like a chicken with his head cut off. Sometimes he makes an amazing play, sometimes not.

Wilson definitely causes some sacks, but I actually think overall he probably saves sacks compared to most QBs. That running around is sometimes on him, but more often the line has completely collapsed and he's running for his life and quite often gets out of trouble.
    SeahawksCanuck
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:38 pm
  • My 39th Birthday gifts arrived 2 days early! :irishdrinkers:
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:45 pm
  • SeahawksCanuck wrote:
    King Dog wrote:I'm happy as heck with Cable being relieved of his duties, however, a ton of sacks are on Wilson. He loves to run around like a chicken with his head cut off. Sometimes he makes an amazing play, sometimes not.

Wilson definitely causes some sacks, but I actually think overall he probably saves sacks compared to most QBs. That running around is sometimes on him, but more often the line has completely collapsed and he's running for his life and quite often gets out of trouble.

I think it's primarily because he can't see.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:46 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:Who do you all think had a bigger impact on our struggles, Cable or Bevel.

Bevel's play calling maybe of question, but the run game and line were Cables.

Who is responsible for the execution of plays? Cause even if Bevel's play calling was bad, the execution of plays was awful and I'm not sure that's on Bevel.

At this point I actually couldn't give a dry hump LESS!
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:56 pm
  • WestcoastSteve wrote:
    harryjohnson wrote:Careful what you wish for...the fake grass isn't always greener.

What a silly post

We were never making the playoffs with cable and bevell. Could we get worse sure but we were trending further south every year. It was time for a change.

I don't think it's silly at all. Hopefully Pete and John have put a staff in place to replace the outgoing personnel. That means new coordinators, new scheme, new plays, a bunch of new jargon, new learning...go ask Matt Ryan how much having a great new coordinator helped him this year.

I'm not saying the change is bad, but this is far from a magic bean or get right pill. Now the real work begins.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion...man." - The Dude
    CHawkTailGator
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:03 pm
  • King Dog wrote:
    SeahawksCanuck wrote:
    King Dog wrote:I'm happy as heck with Cable being relieved of his duties, however, a ton of sacks are on Wilson. He loves to run around like a chicken with his head cut off. Sometimes he makes an amazing play, sometimes not.

Ya it's impossible to be because nobody is open or good D or no time since we spend so much on wide outs.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:07 pm
  • CHawkTailGator wrote:
    WestcoastSteve wrote:
    harryjohnson wrote:Careful what you wish for...the fake grass isn't always greener.

What a silly post

I don't think it's silly at all. Hopefully Pete and John have put a staff in place to replace the outgoing personnel. That means new coordinators, new scheme, new plays, a bunch of new jargon, new learning...go ask Matt Ryan how much having a great new coordinator helped him this year.

I'm not saying the change is bad, but this is far from a magic bean or get right pill. Now the real work begins.

Grass might not be greener but this organization has given these coordinators plenty of rope and changes had to be made. There is no grass left on this side of the fence anymore so if there is a hint of green elsewhere it needs to be looked at.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:54 pm

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:27 am
  • King Dog wrote:Best day of my life

I’m willing to bet you had a better day February 2, 2014.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:53 am
  • Glad to see Pete can pull the trigger on coaches when he needs to. looking for some much younger blood to replace them.
    Tusc2000
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:14 am
  • King Dog wrote:
    SeahawksCanuck wrote:

But inch taller Brees can!
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:26 am
  • Smellyman wrote:
    King Dog wrote:
    SeahawksCanuck wrote:

But inch taller Brees can!

Brees just had one of his best seasons using largely short passes that don't REQUIRE a lot of seeing.

Brees has had better guard play over his years, though.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:56 am
  • CHawkTailGator wrote:
    WestcoastSteve wrote:

What a silly post

While I think you are right and firing Cable & Bevell won't necessarily make us better, I think the Matt Ryan example is a pretty bad one.
    If we assumed Cable & Bevell are average at their jobs and imo it's hard to argue that they are better than that, it would mean that we have a 50% chance of getting someone better. Matt Ryan had arguably the best OC in 2016, so there is obviously going to be a dropoff even if we don't consider him having to adapt to new coaching.
    "It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back, in the draft, turn nothing into something"
    rossob
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:32 pm
  • I don't have anything original here but had to be part of this historical party-time thread. Cable has been a dumpster-fire from the very start. If your scheme requires an HOF running back known for breaking tackles and a historically mobile QB to sputter along, it's not clear to me just what the OL coach is contributing.

Except for that one time at band camp where he converted a DL to a mediocre guard. Which ended up hurting us because he kept trying to replicate conversion projects resulting in disastrous years from Nowak and Fant.

So buh bye, Cable, thanks for your dumb luck that Britt failed his way into being a decent center. That sure as hell was not any planning on his part.

Cable the person may be a decent guy so I'm crying on the inside but Cable the coach was a black hole of suck. Bon Voyage.
    hawk45
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:28 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:I mean, I was angry but I was never anti-Pete enough to stop watching. That would suggest that I'm a Hawks fan who only cared for the team once Pete started winning.

Many many MANY fans were upset with the team for continuing to stick with a hopeless offensive scheme and put a product on the field that was not enjoyable to watch. That doesn't mean we wouldn't watch. It meant we were frustrated and tired of watching that craptastic nonsense that Bevell and Cable were putting on the field.

My fanhood was questioned many times (which is frankly absurd) because of my frustration with the offense. Real fans are not allowed to be frustrated with the offense and feel the team was not enjoyable to watch, apparently. I guess I'm supposed to enjoy non-playoff mediocre football in order to be a "real" fan.

Then, Pete Carroll agreed with us publicly, fired the entire offensive coaching staff, and decided to start over from scratch. He didn't want to watch that putrid offense either and publicly stated the team's performance this year was unacceptable and painful to watch.

So I guess Pete Carroll was being "anti-Pete" as well. Boy, I sure am glad for that. This team might actually be fun to watch again next season.
    Last edited by HansGruber on Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:35 pm
  • HansGruber wrote:
    Scorpion05 wrote:I mean, I was angry but I was never anti-Pete enough to stop watching. That would suggest that I'm a Hawks fan who only cared for the team once Pete started winning.

Many many MANY fans were upset with the team for continuing to stick with a hopeless offensive scheme and put a product on the field that was not enjoyable to watch. That doesn't mean we wouldn't watch. It meant we were frustrated and tired of watching that craptastic nonsense that Bevell and Cable were putting on the field.

My fanhood was questioned many times (which is frankly absurd) because of my frustration with the offense. Real fans are not allowed to be frustrated with the offense and feel the team was not enjoyable to watch, apparently. I guess I'm supposed to enjoy non-playoff mediocre football in order to be a "real" fan.

Then, Pete Carroll agreed with us publicly, fired the entire offensive coaching staff, and decided to start over from scratch. He didn't want to watch that putrid offense either and publicly stated the team's performance this year was unacceptable and painful to watch.

So I guess Pete Carroll is also a fairweather fan and a total poser. Boy, I sure am glad that Pete Carroll isn't a diehard. This team might actually be fun to watch again.

Deferring to authority when it comes to one's own opinions is kinda madness, isn't it?
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:39 pm
  • rossob wrote:
    CHawkTailGator wrote:
    WestcoastSteve wrote:

What a silly post

While I think you are right and firing Cable & Bevell won't necessarily make us better, I think the Matt Ryan example is a pretty bad one.
    If we assumed Cable & Bevell are average at their jobs and imo it's hard to argue that they are better than that, it would mean that we have a 50% chance of getting someone better. Matt Ryan had arguably the best OC in 2016, so there is obviously going to be a dropoff even if we don't consider him having to adapt to new coaching.

Here is another perspective - imagine that output follows a normal distribution and with a mesh between average coaching and average talent it spit out the result we saw in 2017. Expectations should follow this distribution then where we should expect 2018 to fall within 1 standard deviation positive or negative of 2017 with the 'average average' baseline established in 2017. if it falls or rises beyond that maybe we've stumbled into awful or awesome with coaching and no major changes in talent.

Just something to keep in the back pocket.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:33 pm
  • CHawkTailGator wrote:
    WestcoastSteve wrote:

What a silly post

This isn't really a good example because 2 years after his previous new OC Ryan lead the highest scoring offense to the super bowl and was the MVP.
    LolaRox
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:22 pm
  • One question I have for everyone I was suprrised to hear earlier this year that we had the highest paid o-line in 2013 and it's gone down in salary since then. If that is the case, were we getting full value for what we were spending? The Hawks running game was one of the best but I recall we had issues with the line then too, including penalties. I'm thinking of this because I am not buying the idea that Cable could do no better due to what he was given, considering salary spent at that time and the draft capital used since then.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:26 pm
  • HawkRiderFan wrote:One question I have for everyone I was suprrised to hear earlier this year that we had the highest paid o-line in 2013 and it's gone down in salary since then. If that is the case, were we getting full value for what we were spending? The Hawks running game was one of the best but I recall we had issues with the line then too, including penalties. I'm thinking of this because I am not buying the idea that Cable could do no better due to what he was given, considering salary spent at that time and the draft capital used since then.

That O-line absolutely had issues. It wasn't as bad as 2015-17 but it wasn't anything good.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:08 am
  • I'm still beyond ecstatic at this.

What a fantastic week to be a Seahawks fan!
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:16 am
  • I slide into the weekend with this news!? Wooooooooooooooooooo! Weekend made!

:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:05 am
  • Here is to hoping we pick a guy that can spot journeyman OL players that can contribute at a mediocre level to sprinkle into the current rotation. Is that asking too much?
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:24 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information