Thank you Pete and John

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
As one of the many ppl on here who called for pete's head. After today I eat my crow with a happy black feather grin. And I know I'm not the only one. But Pete and John have my full support again. Here is to more Superb OWLS in our future.

:irishdrinkers: :p :0190l: :179422: :179417:

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Balls of steel from Pete and John. Didn't think Pete had it in him, but so glad as a fan this has taken place.

Greatest day as a Seahawks fan since Super Bowl 48.

I can actually get excited for the draft and next year. :179417:

Thank God.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I know some disagree, but I think this was the owners call!
Regardless, I’m happy it happened.

mikeak

Reaction score
"balls of steel" defined as doing it years later - sure

But I will take it. I think it should have happened 2 years ago and definitely after last season. The offensive rankings are inflated by having the ball more from the defense. our three and out and number of drives without a score is abysmal and has been abysmal.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I'm shocked, I never thought this would happen. However I do think Paul Allen gave Pete a call and was like, "Isn't it interesting how all these coaches are getting fired? Anyway gotta run."

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
mikeak":3tlv0c3l said:
"balls of steel" defined as doing it years later - sure

But I will take it. I think it should have happened 2 years ago and definitely after last season. The offensive rankings are inflated by having the ball more from the defense. our three and out and number of drives without a score is abysmal and has been abysmal.

Very well could be, and if so I will discredit Pete and credit JS or Paul Allen.

Track record probably proves you right.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
I was calling for Pete's head not because of him, but rather his loyalty to his coordinators. Now I'm actually excited.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I should also note I'm kinda curious who started the domino effect on this, I'm sure we'll find out in the coming days/weeks, very intriguing offseason stuff.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Yep I also called for PC to be fired, on the basis of keeping Cable and the penalties. I am thrilled he did the right thing here that I did not believe he was capable of, and thus I am happy to eat crow and give him another chance. Fix the penalties though Pete, for real.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
710 ESPN Seattle reporting it was Pete's move alone.

Glad I gave him that phone call last week, we've always been close.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":91xlsdc0 said:
I know some disagree, but I think this was the owners call!
Regardless, I’m happy it happened.

Many don't agree and say PA doesn't meddle in operations but I really do not think he would have had to do too much for things to change. For instance:

PA: I would like us to go in a new direction with the coaching staff.
PC: How much of an over hall?
PA: Clean house.

Just saying I don't think it would have been very complicated.

I admit I didn't think things were going to happen partially because this is at the very least 2 years late and I didn't want to get my hopes up. Also thought this season would be blamed on injuries, however Pete's disappointment at his presser did give me hope.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't care even a little bit how it got done, who's idea it was etc. It got done, and was incredibly necessary.

kidhawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":16fbsbpl said:
710 ESPN Seattle reporting it was Pete's move alone.

Glad I gave him that phone call last week, we've always been close.

This doesn't surprise me. Allen has always been the type of owner who hires guys to run the team and doesn't micromanage. He's the type that would be more apt to fire Carroll and let the next guy make the decisions on the subordinates than to force Pete to make decisions that he's not on board with.

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
I had to get on just to see how many people have just had there mind blown... Walsh losing those games was a blessing in disguise. If we made the playoffs this probably doesn’t happen.

Rainger

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":ov4iyft3 said:
I'm shocked, I never thought this would happen. However I do think Paul Allen gave Pete a call and was like, "Isn't it interesting how all these coaches are getting fired? Anyway gotta run."
What makes PA great is he doesnt insert himself into the operations of the team. I really really doubt your hypothisis.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Down Under Hawk":395n675b said:
Seahawk_Dan":395n675b said:
What makes PA great is he doesnt insert himself into the operations of the team. I really really doubt your hypothisis.

It more or less a joke.