Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

More surprises coming???

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:01 pm
  • PC and Schneider may not be done. Pete has been accused of running a loose ship or being too loyal. I guess that changed today. I would not be surprised if the Hawks cleaned house. As to players, Kam and Cliff are gone. Richard will come back. However, he has had bilateral achilles surgery. Not sure how he will fare. Needless to say, his value on the open market with that type of surgery probably has dropped. It is tough enough coming back from one of these surgeries but bilateral achilles surgery is another deal. I believe he will be back but I am cautious on his ability to come up to where he was before. Bennett will probably be gone. Ifedi could go as well unless they move him to guard. From what I have been able to glean from listening and reading is that Malik McDowell may not play either. Graham is probably gone. I still think we have a good corps of players on defense. I think they will try to franchise Richardson since Avril is history. I cannot wait for the draft. We are #18. I would suspect there will be some horse trading before then in the free agent market. It will be fun to watch what happens in the next 3-6 months. I am optimistic and happy with the Bevel and Cable firings.
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1311
    Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:39 pm


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:13 pm
  • Sherm stays I think the rest may be gone. At this point I think that JS wants to stockpile compensation picks for 2019 via FA losses.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23813
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:22 pm
  • I'll add this here. If we manage to get Shula as a OC who was excellent with the use of Olson in Carolina, I'd say Graham on a lowered salary may well be worth serious thought.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3683
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:22 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:Sherm stays I think the rest may be gone. At this point I think that JS wants to stockpile compensation picks for 2019 via FA losses.


    Yep. That is pretty reasonable. It will be fun to watch what they do. What about the QB coach??? Does he stay or go?
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1311
    Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:39 pm


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:22 pm
  • Sherman isnt going anywhere, Earl isnt either along with wagner. Anyone else seems like fair game.
    Image
    User avatar
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2527
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:24 pm
  • Seymour wrote:I'll add this here. If we manage to get Shula as a OC who was excellent with the use of Olson in Carolina, I'd say Graham on a lowered salary may well be worth serious thought.


    What is his marketability? He had a good year but not a great one. It seems to me he fits in more with a NO type offense. I doubt he will stay unless nobody picks him up and we negotiate his salary down. I don't see that happening.
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1311
    Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:39 pm


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:25 pm
  • RussB wrote:Sherman isnt going anywhere, Earl isnt either along with wagner. Anyone else seems like fair game.

    I agree and think that KJ will be here too.
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1311
    Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:39 pm


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:26 pm
  • BigBill1945 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:I'll add this here. If we manage to get Shula as a OC who was excellent with the use of Olson in Carolina, I'd say Graham on a lowered salary may well be worth serious thought.


    What is his marketability? He had a good year but not a great one. It seems to me he fits in more with a NO type offense. I doubt he will stay unless nobody picks him up and we negotiate his salary down. I don't see that happening.


    Not sure about market, depends on who is looking I suppose. But he really did not have a good year except in TD's. He was #2 in the league in drops, and IIRC his worst year in yardage.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3683
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:34 pm
  • Id rather take a flier on Cameron Brate who is a UFA than resign Graham.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    User avatar
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2515
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:37 pm
  • How Pete handled it up until this point was fine with me. Some fans want us to fire people left and right like we're the Browns. I like stability and I appreciate the good Bevell and Cable brought us. But it was time
    User avatar
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 551
    Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:05 am


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:43 pm
  • I believe Pete will anounce a new OC and OL coach late today, or tommorrow.

    I'm sure he had something in the works before he Bevell go, and was working on OL Coach today, in my opinion, before he let Cable go.

    So it makes me believe that he's already got replacements lined up. :2thumbs:
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

    http://ivotuk.com/
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 16713
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:45 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:I'm wondering about Brian Schneider.

    Yeah, was just thinking about him. I have no idea.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23813
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:46 pm
  • BigBill1945 wrote:
    RussB wrote:Sherman isnt going anywhere, Earl isnt either along with wagner. Anyone else seems like fair game.

    I agree and think that KJ will be here too.


    when did this KJ stuff start getting thrown around, he's been arguably our most productive defensive player not named Wagner...Earl gets the hype and I love me some Earl, almost as much as Earl loves himself some Earl, but KJ is rocksteady and a huge piece of this defense and his price tag isn't terrible for his production.
    Last edited by flmmkrz on Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1463
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:13 am


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:54 pm
  • Hopefully the Tanzia banner will come back?
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23813
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:55 pm
  • BigBill1945 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:I'll add this here. If we manage to get Shula as a OC who was excellent with the use of Olson in Carolina, I'd say Graham on a lowered salary may well be worth serious thought.


    What is his marketability? He had a good year but not a great one. It seems to me he fits in more with a NO type offense. I doubt he will stay unless nobody picks him up and we negotiate his salary down. I don't see that happening.


    He'll get good money on the FA market. It's not like NO is the only team that uses a move TE (hello Patriots, and yup, two at once) and it's also fairly common knowledge that we didn't utilize Graham correctly. He proved he can be a red zone beast and can still get separation.

    As we've seen with the Bevell firing, it was common knowledge that he wasn't utilizing players correctly or to the best of their abilities around the league. He's had no HC interviews for 3 years now. Graham will still get paid. I don't even think all those drops will deter teams.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7471
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:56 pm
  • If they can get some good value in return for Thomas, Sherman and Bennett, they should probably trade them to get younger high draft picks and free up cap room.

    If a good LT like Mike McGlinchey is there at #18 in the draft, they should pick him up and try to get at least a 2nd rounder back by trading Duane Brown too.
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1068
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 am


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:59 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:How Pete handled it up until this point was fine with me. Some fans want us to fire people left and right like we're the Browns. I like stability and I appreciate the good Bevell and Cable brought us. But it was time


    This pretty much.
    Image
    User avatar
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3502
    Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:00 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:I believe Pete will anounce a new OC and OL coach late today, or tommorrow.

    I'm sure he had something in the works before he Bevell go, and was working on OL Coach today, in my opinion, before he let Cable go.

    So it makes me believe that he's already got replacements lined up. :2thumbs:


    Not sure about this...I think there are interviewing rules that apply. I am not sure as I am not a coach. He may have them out by next week tho. After the process.


    Sports Hernia...did you happen to make a bet about Bevell and cable being gone? I did not see them up there on the board. LOL
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7358
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:02 pm
  • massari wrote:If they can get some good value in return for Thomas, Sherman and Bennett, they should probably trade them to get younger high draft picks and free up cap room.

    If a good LT like Mike McGlinchey is there at #18 in the draft, they should pick him up and try to get at least a 2nd rounder back by trading Duane Brown too.

    Trading Sherm and Earl would be dumb, as you will never get close to their value back.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23813
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:05 pm
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:I believe Pete will anounce a new OC and OL coach late today, or tommorrow.

    I'm sure he had something in the works before he Bevell go, and was working on OL Coach today, in my opinion, before he let Cable go.

    So it makes me believe that he's already got replacements lined up. :2thumbs:


    Not sure about this...I think there are interviewing rules that apply. I am not sure as I am not a coach. He may have them out by next week tho. After the process.


    Sports Hernia...did you happen to make a bet about Bevell and cable being gone? I did not see them up there on the board. LOL

    LOL, no, I would have bet they would have kept them, so I would have lost.

    Today’s events make me feel better about my Hawks future bets though. :)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23813
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:05 pm
  • massari wrote:If they can get some good value in return for Thomas, Sherman and Bennett, they should probably trade them to get younger high draft picks and free up cap room.

    If a good LT like Mike McGlinchey is there at #18 in the draft, they should pick him up and try to get at least a 2nd rounder back by trading Duane Brown too.


    Earls the only guy bringing back value at this point. Bennetts trouble and Sherms off injury, all time low markets.

    Browns worth keeping for us just to keep our franchise qb alive.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1463
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:13 am


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:28 pm
  • I don't see the benefit in cutting Bennett, I think you save 2 million and were not finding anyone near his level for that. I'd rather they just reduce his snaps and let him line up inside on passing downs.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2548
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:37 pm
  • flmmkrz wrote:
    massari wrote:If they can get some good value in return for Thomas, Sherman and Bennett, they should probably trade them to get younger high draft picks and free up cap room.

    If a good LT like Mike McGlinchey is there at #18 in the draft, they should pick him up and try to get at least a 2nd rounder back by trading Duane Brown too.


    Earls the only guy bringing back value at this point. Bennetts trouble and Sherms off injury, all time low markets.

    Browns worth keeping for us just to keep our franchise qb alive.

    I thought the same about Sherman until I read Darrelle Revis was traded for a 1st+4th coming off ACL surgery and was about the same age as Sherman.

    Agree with you on Bennett, but the fact is that he's still a high quality player when healthy and has a pretty good contract. He may have value even with his age and distractions.

    I'd trade Sherman and Bennett for a late 2nd or early 3rd each if possible and free up a ton of cap room. Probably wouldn't want them traded unless they can bring back a fairly good draft pick.
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1068
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 am


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:37 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    Not sure about this...I think there are interviewing rules that apply. I am not sure as I am not a coach. He may have them out by next week tho. After the process.


    Sports Hernia...did you happen to make a bet about Bevell and cable being gone? I did not see them up there on the board. LOL

    LOL, no, I would have bet they would have kept them, so I would have lost.

    Today’s events make me feel better about my Hawks future bets though. :)


    I am with you on this one.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7358
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:39 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:How Pete handled it up until this point was fine with me. Some fans want us to fire people left and right like we're the Browns. I like stability and I appreciate the good Bevell and Cable brought us. But it was time


    Let's hope that it's not a "Frying Pan To The Fire" type lateral move.
    I don't believe that will be the case, but there are sure to be some hiccups; Always is with sweeping change of this magnitude.
    Here's hoping Russell Wilson has a smooth transition to the change in Offensive philosophies that are coming his way.
    The numbers that he's been able to put up with CRAP Offensive Blocking in the last 3 or 4 years, has been absolutely incredible.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6435
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:30 pm
  • getnasty wrote:I don't see the benefit in cutting Bennett, I think you save 2 million and were not finding anyone near his level for that. I'd rather they just reduce his snaps and let him line up inside on passing downs.


    This. The problem is his snap count has needed to be reduced for a couple years, but they never do so. They need to start trusting the new guys more I guess. Cliff being out is also a factor of course.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1528
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: More surprises coming???
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:14 pm
  • Bennett has made taking him off the field pretty tough as he's one of the hardest interior guys to block one one one in the league.

    If McDowell comes back next year, along with Naz Jones, Richardson and the rest of that young DL, I don't see why we can't reduce Bennett's snap count. I can see us drafting another edge rusher as well as more DB's.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7471
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


Re: More surprises coming???
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:08 am
  • BigBill1945 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:I'll add this here. If we manage to get Shula as a OC who was excellent with the use of Olson in Carolina, I'd say Graham on a lowered salary may well be worth serious thought.


    What is his marketability? He had a good year but not a great one. It seems to me he fits in more with a NO type offense. I doubt he will stay unless nobody picks him up and we negotiate his salary down. I don't see that happening.

    Who is to say we won't have a NO type offense? About the only thing you can count on is Russell and Doug will be there, pretty much everyone else could easily be changed. I think they should keep him around for at least 1 more year and sign him to a 3 year deal in the 24-28 million range.

    I'd bet he'd be willing to take less than 10 million a year. How much less... Well, I guess it depends on how much he enjoys flying to work in his seaplane.... :lol:
    Redsand187
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 54
    Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:55 pm


Re: More surprises coming???
Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:55 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:Hopefully the Tanzia banner will come back?


    Yes, this is the #1 key to the offseason. JS, just get it done! Tanzania FTW!!
    2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: Chris Carson
    User avatar
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1904
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am


Re: More surprises coming???
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:38 am
  • BigBill1945 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Sherm stays I think the rest may be gone. At this point I think that JS wants to stockpile compensation picks for 2019 via FA losses.


    Yep. That is pretty reasonable. It will be fun to watch what they do. What about the QB coach??? Does he stay or go?

    Didn’t Sherm tear his achillies? It seems like that injury usually takes multiple seasons to recover if ever?
    User avatar
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3811
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am


Re: More surprises coming???
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:46 am
  • olyfan63 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Hopefully the Tanzia banner will come back?


    Yes, this is the #1 key to the offseason. JS, just get it done! Tanzania FTW!!


    There's no way to gloss over the fact we have gone downhill since it went. Tanzania 4EVAH!!
    User avatar
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2517
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 pm


Re: More surprises coming???
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:03 am
  • brimsalabim wrote:
    BigBill1945 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Sherm stays I think the rest may be gone. At this point I think that JS wants to stockpile compensation picks for 2019 via FA losses.


    Yep. That is pretty reasonable. It will be fun to watch what they do. What about the QB coach??? Does he stay or go?

    Didn’t Sherm tear his achillies? It seems like that injury usually takes multiple seasons to recover if ever?


    4-6months
    User avatar
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1266
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


Re: More surprises coming???
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:12 am
  • There's no need to cut Bennett, saving $2 mil isn't worth losing a player of his caliber. He was playing through an incredibly painful injury that no one really knew about until the season was over. He was still quite effective and I think reducing his snap counts could see him get back to 10+ sacks, just means other guys need to step up.

    Special teams should be overhauled from the coach to both kickers, Blair is already likely gone and Jon Ryan had some pretty awful games.

    Depending on who comes in for OC should give us an idea if Jimmy is coming back. He's still a superstar, he just isn't meant to be in blocking half the game. Get a guy like Carmichael who knows how to effectively utilize him - make sure he re-signs. Require good blocking TE's who aren't downfield threats? Don't waste the money.
    User avatar
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3736
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm




It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online