More surprises coming???

BigBill1945

Reaction score
PC and Schneider may not be done. Pete has been accused of running a loose ship or being too loyal. I guess that changed today. I would not be surprised if the Hawks cleaned house. As to players, Kam and Cliff are gone. Richard will come back. However, he has had bilateral achilles surgery. Not sure how he will fare. Needless to say, his value on the open market with that type of surgery probably has dropped. It is tough enough coming back from one of these surgeries but bilateral achilles surgery is another deal. I believe he will be back but I am cautious on his ability to come up to where he was before. Bennett will probably be gone. Ifedi could go as well unless they move him to guard. From what I have been able to glean from listening and reading is that Malik McDowell may not play either. Graham is probably gone. I still think we have a good corps of players on defense. I think they will try to franchise Richardson since Avril is history. I cannot wait for the draft. We are #18. I would suspect there will be some horse trading before then in the free agent market. It will be fun to watch what happens in the next 3-6 months. I am optimistic and happy with the Bevel and Cable firings.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sherm stays I think the rest may be gone. At this point I think that JS wants to stockpile compensation picks for 2019 via FA losses.

Seymour

Reaction score
I'll add this here. If we manage to get Shula as a OC who was excellent with the use of Olson in Carolina, I'd say Graham on a lowered salary may well be worth serious thought.

OP
OP
BigBill1945

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":14ngy5ok said:
Sherm stays I think the rest may be gone. At this point I think that JS wants to stockpile compensation picks for 2019 via FA losses.

Yep. That is pretty reasonable. It will be fun to watch what they do. What about the QB coach??? Does he stay or go?

RussB

Reaction score
Sherman isnt going anywhere, Earl isnt either along with wagner. Anyone else seems like fair game.

OP
OP
BigBill1945

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Seymour":28l5zsx7 said:
I'll add this here. If we manage to get Shula as a OC who was excellent with the use of Olson in Carolina, I'd say Graham on a lowered salary may well be worth serious thought.

What is his marketability? He had a good year but not a great one. It seems to me he fits in more with a NO type offense. I doubt he will stay unless nobody picks him up and we negotiate his salary down. I don't see that happening.

OP
OP
BigBill1945

BigBill1945

Reaction score
RussB":2zcom3ho said:
Sherman isnt going anywhere, Earl isnt either along with wagner. Anyone else seems like fair game.
I agree and think that KJ will be here too.

Seymour

Reaction score
BigBill1945":2zl6gez6 said:
Seymour":2zl6gez6 said:

What is his marketability? He had a good year but not a great one. It seems to me he fits in more with a NO type offense. I doubt he will stay unless nobody picks him up and we negotiate his salary down. I don't see that happening.

Not sure about market, depends on who is looking I suppose. But he really did not have a good year except in TD's. He was #2 in the league in drops, and IIRC his worst year in yardage.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
How Pete handled it up until this point was fine with me. Some fans want us to fire people left and right like we're the Browns. I like stability and I appreciate the good Bevell and Cable brought us. But it was time

ivotuk

Reaction score
I believe Pete will anounce a new OC and OL coach late today, or tommorrow.

I'm sure he had something in the works before he Bevell go, and was working on OL Coach today, in my opinion, before he let Cable go.

So it makes me believe that he's already got replacements lined up. :2thumbs:

flmmkrz

Reaction score
BigBill1945":2r88uqm2 said:
RussB":2r88uqm2 said:
I agree and think that KJ will be here too.

when did this KJ stuff start getting thrown around, he's been arguably our most productive defensive player not named Wagner...Earl gets the hype and I love me some Earl, almost as much as Earl loves himself some Earl, but KJ is rocksteady and a huge piece of this defense and his price tag isn't terrible for his production.

Hawks46

Reaction score
BigBill1945":3nkbosj6 said:
Seymour":3nkbosj6 said:

He'll get good money on the FA market. It's not like NO is the only team that uses a move TE (hello Patriots, and yup, two at once) and it's also fairly common knowledge that we didn't utilize Graham correctly. He proved he can be a red zone beast and can still get separation.

As we've seen with the Bevell firing, it was common knowledge that he wasn't utilizing players correctly or to the best of their abilities around the league. He's had no HC interviews for 3 years now. Graham will still get paid. I don't even think all those drops will deter teams.

massari

Reaction score
If they can get some good value in return for Thomas, Sherman and Bennett, they should probably trade them to get younger high draft picks and free up cap room.

If a good LT like Mike McGlinchey is there at #18 in the draft, they should pick him up and try to get at least a 2nd rounder back by trading Duane Brown too.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Scorpion05":uarvoiov said:
How Pete handled it up until this point was fine with me. Some fans want us to fire people left and right like we're the Browns. I like stability and I appreciate the good Bevell and Cable brought us. But it was time

This pretty much.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ivotuk":hezp0awj said:
I believe Pete will anounce a new OC and OL coach late today, or tommorrow.

I'm sure he had something in the works before he Bevell go, and was working on OL Coach today, in my opinion, before he let Cable go.

So it makes me believe that he's already got replacements lined up. :2thumbs:

Not sure about this...I think there are interviewing rules that apply. I am not sure as I am not a coach. He may have them out by next week tho. After the process.

Sports Hernia...did you happen to make a bet about Bevell and cable being gone? I did not see them up there on the board. LOL

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
massari":1p0s2e64 said:
If they can get some good value in return for Thomas, Sherman and Bennett, they should probably trade them to get younger high draft picks and free up cap room.

If a good LT like Mike McGlinchey is there at #18 in the draft, they should pick him up and try to get at least a 2nd rounder back by trading Duane Brown too.
Trading Sherm and Earl would be dumb, as you will never get close to their value back.