Nervous or Excited about the Future?

Nervous or Excited?

• I'm nervous about the future. Where do we go from here?

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • Excited! Anyone is better than Cabevell! John & Pete will get it right

Votes: 99 87.6%

• Total voters

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I believe change is necessary. But I guess I'm not nearly as excited as some here. More like cautiously optimistic

Bevell and Cable needed to go. At the same time, we knew what we were getting from them, and they have brought us some relative success in the past. No team wins a Super Bowl with just a great defense and running back. Our coaches played a big role in bringing us a championship and for that, I'm grateful.

So what about everyone else? Are you nervous about the future hires and how it pans out? Or, do you believe Cable and Bevell were so bad we're virtually guaranteed to see improvement? With all the talk of this being the "End of an era" by media pundits, I just wonder if this is the beginning of a great new era or a downward slide

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'm both. I don't think either guy was irreplaceable, but I don't necessarily know who will be hired in their place. If it's just some random, oatmeal-boring assistant from within Seattle's own ranks, or possibly another has-been getting endlessly recycled (like another Norv or Del Rio), we may not necessarily see an improvement.

This feels to me like the beginning of the end of the Carroll era. I know a lot of people have had their faith in him restored by his willingness to fire his assistants, but that's going to depend on their record the next two or three years. Pete himself is probably more the type of guy to see their departure as an indictment on him and his philosophy. And it's not as if all Seattle's problems are gone. Russell Wilson is still Russell Wilson - an outstanding franchise QB who's just as frustrating as he is great, along with an uncertain offseason.

Gametime

Reaction score
I look at the Rams as a good example of the life that a new coach can bring as a coordinator and mind. Things get stale and even just the break in routine and the different voice may do wonders. Look at the Rams in 1 yr.

Mojambo

Reaction score
I wouldn't describe myself as either. I'm quite interested, however.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm excited now, it's a new beginning and they finally made the *correct* decision.

OP
OP
Scorpion05

Scorpion05

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2eqh9fzz said:
I'm both. I don't think either guy was irreplaceable, but I don't necessarily know who will be hired in their place. If it's just some random, oatmeal-boring assistant from within Seattle's own ranks, or possibly another has-been getting endlessly recycled (like another Norv or Del Rio), we may not necessarily see an improvement.

This feels to me like the beginning of the end of the Carroll era. I know a lot of people have had their faith in him restored by his willingness to fire his assistants, but that's going to depend on their record the next two or three years. Pete himself is probably more the type of guy to see their departure as an indictment on him and his philosophy. And it's not as if all Seattle's problems are gone. Russell Wilson is still Russell Wilson - an outstanding franchise QB who's just as frustrating as he is great, along with an uncertain offseason.

This is what I fear, especially if his hand was forced. I sincerely, and I mean really really hope this was Pete's decision. Or at the very least, Pete was open to it...and him, John, and Paul were on mutual terms. If Pete's hand was forced, then I too fear it's the beginning of the end

It is never a good thing to not be on the same page as the Head Coach and we can go from perennial playoff contenders to the 49ers post-Harbaugh. And not every franchise resurges with a Shanahan + Jimmy G combo.

Seymour

Reaction score
Not at all nervous. What I do know this. The ship will finally be able to set sail with the anchor up instead of down like the last 2-3 years.

Wartooth

Reaction score
When you're in a rut, you have to change something.
My brother's a Vikings fan, even he knew what play we were running by how we lined up!
That's how stale Bevell was...
Now Cable?
He showed nothing the whole time he was here...
Bad draft picks, inability to coach them up, no continuity...
They won in spite of his horrendous ZB scheme, thanks to Lynch, Wilson and the defense!
I couldn't be happier about this!
Go Hawks!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I am not sure yet. I do know that change was necessary....will take a couple days to digest this data from today to learn what I think. Will repost in a couple days.

:irishdrinkers:

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Most people probably understand there will be some turbulence coming up, but I'm excited to see the necessary change. Forget scheme for a minute and just think what another season of the same regime would have said to Seahawk fans and to that locker room. Those guys were no longer known for their Super Bowl win, or even their Super Bowl loss. They were known for stagnating. Even Pete's head was being called for. You can't bring back another year of that.

It doesn't matter if Bevell or Cable were actually even to blame for the problems. And maybe it wasn't even fair. But a message had to be broadcast through the whole organization, from the coaches to the players to the fans, that the status quo was no longer acceptable.

I'm excited to receive that broadcast, and even if we have problems going forward (what organization doesn't?) it at least won't be for lack of trying.

I understand being nervous, or even scared, but it's only because we don't know what's coming up. But if this year wasn't the final straw, what would have been?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'm elated. Even if the new coaches dont work out as well as hoped, at least the organization is trying something.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I hope they get someone who could eventually take over when Pete does decide to step down.

SE174

Reaction score
Gametime":hsht9cdo said:
I look at the Rams as a good example of the life that a new coach can bring as a coordinator and mind. Things get stale and even just the break in routine and the different voice may do wonders. Look at the Rams in 1 yr.

This. The roster is full of talent. A lot of good to great NFL coaches are axed because they fail to produce with terrible talent. Nothing but upside with a new offensive staff. Slightly worried about the defense though. Not much with Pete a defensive minded guy.

northseahawk

Reaction score
We wont succeed if Wilson can't complete a pass or get a first down in the 1st quarter.

He no longer has the Elite defense that only required 15 points from him to win!

It wont matter even if we bring in Belichick and Gruden as coordinators, because ultimately you need you damn Qb to play 4 quarter of efficient football.

mrt144

Reaction score
Excited to see what ADB and RW with a new OC. Super excited.

mrt144

Reaction score
northseahawk":3cqt6a97 said:
We wont succeed if Wilson can't complete a pass or get a first down in the 1st quarter.

He no longer has the Elite defense that only required 15 points from him to win!

It wont matter even if we bring in Belichick and Gruden as coordinators, because ultimately you need you damn Qb to play 4 quarter of efficient football.

Maybe better or different coaching can change that. We get an opportunity, finally, to see. Hold onto your butt and welcome that instead of being a sour puss who probably hasn't enjoyed a moment of Seahawks football since RW got here.

northseahawk

Reaction score
mrt144":1fsls27c said:
northseahawk":1fsls27c said:

Maybe better or different coaching can change that. We get an opportunity, finally, to see. Hold onto your butt and welcome that instead of being a sour puss who probably hasn't enjoyed a moment of Seahawks football since RW got here.

To be honest, no I haven't enjoyed much since the defense and Lynch declined, and the team became dependent on Wilson for sucess.

I am excited that we will get someone new and I am sure it will be someone great, so that many more will realize that Wilson is a huge reason why we are so ineffiecent on offense.

I hope I am wrong mate! I hope it was just the coaching!

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
My day in emojis as I went about my day checking various forms of media:

Wake up, see Bevell is fired... :2thumbs: :lol:

Start to see and hear reports about Cable possibly being new OC... :180670: :pukeface: :141847_bnono:

Hear Cable is out too... :0190l: :0190l: :179417:

Waiting for news of new hires... :snack:

Seymour

Reaction score
northseahawk":2ic5uo2t said:

That is an excellent analogy that I was totally unaware of. Thank you for helping us understand football. :sarcasm_off: