Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Expectations for next years offense

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Expectations for next years offense
Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:14 pm
  • SO what are everyones expectations for our offense next year. It will be a first year OC and Line coach and QB coach for our offense. Do you expect super bowl run?
    IMHO we should do either average or excellent. The only reason I say excellent is it will take time for the league to adjust to our new scheme if it turns out to be a good one. Realistically I say average is we have that level of skill players on offense overall. It would be a lot to ask a new coach to make chicken salad our of chicken sh*t.
    I dont expect us to do as bad as the last two years.
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Expectations for next years offense
Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:17 pm
  • This is a very hard question to answer, seeing as we do not have any idea of who our offensive coordinator or scheme is going to be. Our coaching staff is wide open here, no QB coach, no OL coach, no coordinator. We also haven't seen if we are going to retain Richardson, or Graham. Furthermore we have yet to even do free agency or the draft. The offense come September will look much different than the offense we fielded this year for better or for worse.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:18 pm
  • Dramatically cut the 3 and outs down. Be able to rush for a 1st down/TD on 3rd and short. Creative and non predictable play calling. Never run an empty set on 3rd and short ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever again. Bring back the FB and blocking TE.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:22 pm
  • Spin Doctor wrote:This is a very hard question to answer, seeing as we do not have any idea of who our offensive coordinator or scheme is going to be. Our coaching staff is wide open here, no QB coach, no OL coach, no coordinator. We also haven't seen if we are going to retain Richardson, or Graham. Furthermore we have yet to even do free agency or the draft. The offense come September will look much different than the offense we fielded this year for better or for worse.

This is a very good point. I only ask because without seeing who we get or will keep we have no idea. I think my shared belief is anything is better than what we had but anyone old enough know tis not always true.
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:25 pm
  • The expectations are simple; transform the OL from a weakness into a strength, reestablish offensive balance, take back control of our division, and win the Super Bowl.

Is that asking too much? I don’t think so. The organization expects these things, so why shouldn’t I?
    ben@thetabs
    THE TABS
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:32 pm
  • Doesn't take a lot to go up from where we were at, score in the first half and give the defense a lead would be a great start, we were near the bottom in first half stats, the second half ability's masked a lot of those.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:38 pm
  • None! It's awesome being free!
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:40 pm
  • Make RW the league MVP and turn whatever RB we put out front into an all pro talent behind an offensive line that can smash their way to victory.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:43 pm
  • Think this thread topic and question is a bit premature due to us having no freakin’ clue who the replacement coaches will be yet. You are asking us to make assumptions based on empty slots.

At this point to assume anything positive regarding next year, is that it couldn’t get any worse. But unfortunately the reality is that it can, specially when again...we have no idea who is going to fill those empty positions.

And we also have a lot of question marks on which players on both sides of the ball will still be wearing a Hawks jersey in 2018.

So while this thread will be fun to speculate in, and will likely be filled with a bunch of optimism thanks to the firings, it’s actaully impossible to give an honest answer at this time.
    Last edited by AF_BASS_MAN on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    AF_BASS_MAN
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:44 pm
  • Until we know who the Coordinator and line coach are going to be, and we see what kind of players they bring in, it's impossible to have any expectations. Right now, I expect there to be some real changes in how we move forward and I hope that change gets us an offensive line that can create running lanes and protect the qb. I think if we get to that point, we'll be just fine.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:49 pm
  • I want an offense that is top ten in 3rd down and red zone efficacy. A team that can sustain drives a two first down drive might only be 9 plays but those 20 yards can flip field position and change how the other team will attempt to play offense. This defense and attitude Carroll has can be too much for teams with something as little as a 7-0 lead. An efficient offence can make the other team's offense one dimensional. Look at the Jags game they were able to run the ball all game because the Seahawks never got a lead so their weakness (Blake Borttles) was never a factor.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:55 pm
  • A RB to lead the team in rushing.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:02 pm
  • WindCityHawk wrote:A RB to lead the team in rushing.

Agreed. It sounds so... simple, doesn't it? So... natural.

I hope the Hawks have a line that can open holes for consistent 3-4 yard runs, to get 80-100 yard rushing games from our RBs, to sprinkle in a few RW runs to keep the LBers on their heels and away from the line, and some of Pete's favorite Toxic Differential plays in long strikes to WRs on the sideline or to TEs in the seam.

Wouldn't it be great to know that we could run it on 3rd and 1-2 and have a great likelihood of converting?

I'd love to have a balanced Offense where, if things aren't working, we can rightly criticize players because of actual and noticeable lack of execution (or maybe ability) that can be improved by practice or coaching rather than fundamental philosophical problems at the coordinator level, like Cable with his ZBS.
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:06 pm
  • WindCityHawk wrote:A RB to lead the team in rushing.

I may even settle for a RB just leading the team in carries.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:11 pm
  • Switch to Man Blocking and have 2 each 1,000 yard rushers, Chris Carson and Thomas Rawls.

I blame Cable for Rawls struggles and Alex Collins struggles. Put him in, now put in the other running back, now put in the 3rd running back, now put in our RB/WR hybrid. :34853_doh:

For those of you unfamiliar with the Denver offensive line scheme, they use a technique known as "zone blocking".

In a "man" or "drive" blocking scheme the lineman is responsible for an individual, and the play is designed for a running back to hit a particular gap.

The zone blocking scheme, on the other hand, has a lineman blocking an area instead of a designated defensive player. If multiple linemen are blocking an area than one can break off and block into the second level

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-a ... n-blocking
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:41 pm
  • Looking better than a high school offense against an NFL defense in the first halves of games.

Honestly, the biggest change I'm expecting is less predictable formations.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:08 pm
  • I really expect the amount of three and outs to be cut down significantly. Many saw the defense beyond gassed in the 4th Quarter after playing just about the entire first half every game this year.
    HoldYourHawk
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:00 pm
  • AF_BASS_MAN wrote:Think this thread topic and question is a bit premature due to us having no freakin’ clue who the replacement coaches will be yet. You are asking us to make assumptions based on empty slots.

At this point to assume anything positive regarding next year, is that it couldn’t get any worse. But unfortunately the reality is that it can, specially when again...we have no idea who is going to fill those empty positions.

And we also have a lot of question marks on which players on both sides of the ball will still be wearing a Hawks jersey in 2018.

So while this thread will be fun to speculate in, and will likely be filled with a bunch of optimism thanks to the firings, it’s actaully impossible to give an honest answer at this time.

Not really because people are pointing out what the problems were for the past 3 or so seasons and believe if those are fixed things could change for the positive. If the FO picks the wrong guys for these changes that is on them, not our expectations. If things look exactly the same next season then there is a serious problem, growing pains aside.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:21 pm
  • An opening drive touchdown.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:31 pm
  • I expect a great offense, but I'm mainly worried about the QB coach aspect of it. Part of being a QB is psychological. It's not simply having a new name. That's for the media and the public. Tater was great for Russell
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:38 pm
  • Re-sign Luke Wilson and play him at fullback more. More playing time for him, and Techno Tuesday’s.
    Use some of the money to try and get more help on the o-line
    Turn CJ into a wideout to cut down on the injuries, when Paul Richardson leaves.
    JD keeps the 3rd down running back job.
    Cut down on dumb penalties by moving Ifedi to RG and Fant playing Right tackle.
    Swoopes earning some playing time, making money available since Jimmy leaves.
    Trade for Demarius Thomas, just kidding ;)
    Draft a running back that has break away speed and can break tackles, these last few seasons proved you can’t be overloaded on this team at that position.
    Read-option is brought back into the play calling.
    Special teams will give the offense better field position.
    Pound the ball, take care of football, get turnovers, own time of possession,, unleash the defense in the 4th quarter. Run the ball to kill the clock. No more of the you win in the 4th. It’s not how you start the game thought.
    New Mantra: Feasts Mode. Can’t have enough of these thing, I want more..., points, touchdowns, wins, championships. I’m still hungry!

Defense Mantra: Obese Mode... I still hungry... for more sacks, safeties, turnovers, shutouts, force fumbles, 3rd and longs, leads so we can attack like it’s our last meal.
    Our will, forces them into reactions we expect. No more waiting. We dictate the game and how it goes, not like the last few seasons.
    Windows are for looking through, for fans. Seahawks players smash the window...unless it’s a picture of a window like in the movie Split. :P
    I want of this stuff to happen but I don’t have control of anything, so I all I really expect is, :sarcasm_on: Angry Doug to keep being pedestrian. :sarcasm_off:
    inda2o6
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:39 pm
  • I just want to see a well coached consistent offense. They dont have to be the 2013 broncos or 2007 patriots.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:18 am
  • Who knows.

Even after the team announces the hires, FA and the dfaft has taken place, we still won't know.

I'm excited, though! Very excited about what 'could' be.

One massive advantage is nobody will have tape on our guys under this coaching regime so should, in theory, make things easier in year 1.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:27 am
  • I'd be happy with an average offense this first year. Last year's offense was hot vomit and physically painful to watch. Any improvement will be refreshing..
    Sign37now
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:31 am
  • The defense will play much better if the offense could build a lead. Now that the coaches have been fired, the star players will have to prove their worth again. Accountability is what I expect to see change most.
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:47 am
  • How about the Fanbase not having to celebrate first downs like other teams celebrate touchdowns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    NOLAHawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:55 am
  • NOLAHawk wrote:How about the Fanbase not having to celebrate first downs like other teams celebrate touchdowns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

+1. How about not having to celebrate a 4 yard run
    dadof3
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:01 am
  • Impossible to answer before they put the staff and team together.

My min. expectations are the 2017 Seahawks as a barometer, but suspect we should improve.

I do not expect a Rams type improvement in year 1, but it's not totally out of the question either.

Most importantly, I now have hope.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:12 am
  • I expect to see a noticeable improvement...which is much more than we have seen these past couple of years.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:20 am
  • Opening drive touchdowns in 50% of the games, Top 10 red zone efficiency, top 10 in points.

Win TOP in every game. lolllllllllll
    "Sometimes, guys can't hang with what's expected for one reason or another, their growth, their development and all that, and the best thing I can tell you is that they're not here."
    - Big Balls Pete
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:21 am
  • Still going to depend largely on offseason acquisitions. Between that and lack of a new OC, not near enough information to make an adequate guess.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:37 am
  • As Montana said, hard to form solid expectations with a huge question mark at most vital offensive staff positions.

No matter the coordinator, I am expecting a serviceable rushing attack (at least 20th best in league) and at least slight improvement from offensive line under new coach.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:09 pm
  • Really hard to predict next year's offense with so many unknown pieces. OC, line coach, QB coach, Graham, P-Rich, Carson, draft, line? List can go on and on. I expect there will be some growing pains at the start of the season, but ultimately hoping for above average.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:40 pm
  • Just because we don't know who is coming in doesn't mean that certain standards shouldn't be in place regardless of who we hire. This is an expectation thread not a prediction thread.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:52 pm
  • I expect Russell to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball in under 3 seconds -- or get his ass chewed.

I also expect us to be a top 15 rushing offense.

I also expect us to have a top 10 defense and return to the playoffs.
    Own The West
    NET Rookie

It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:06 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information