Expectations for next years offense

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
SO what are everyones expectations for our offense next year. It will be a first year OC and Line coach and QB coach for our offense. Do you expect super bowl run?
IMHO we should do either average or excellent. The only reason I say excellent is it will take time for the league to adjust to our new scheme if it turns out to be a good one. Realistically I say average is we have that level of skill players on offense overall. It would be a lot to ask a new coach to make chicken salad our of chicken sh*t.
I dont expect us to do as bad as the last two years.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
This is a very hard question to answer, seeing as we do not have any idea of who our offensive coordinator or scheme is going to be. Our coaching staff is wide open here, no QB coach, no OL coach, no coordinator. We also haven't seen if we are going to retain Richardson, or Graham. Furthermore we have yet to even do free agency or the draft. The offense come September will look much different than the offense we fielded this year for better or for worse.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Dramatically cut the 3 and outs down. Be able to rush for a 1st down/TD on 3rd and short. Creative and non predictable play calling. Never run an empty set on 3rd and short ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever again. Bring back the FB and blocking TE.

OP
OP
Year of The Hawk

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":sf4utayv said:
This is a very hard question to answer, seeing as we do not have any idea of who our offensive coordinator or scheme is going to be. Our coaching staff is wide open here, no QB coach, no OL coach, no coordinator. We also haven't seen if we are going to retain Richardson, or Graham. Furthermore we have yet to even do free agency or the draft. The offense come September will look much different than the offense we fielded this year for better or for worse.

This is a very good point. I only ask because without seeing who we get or will keep we have no idea. I think my shared belief is anything is better than what we had but anyone old enough know tis not always true.

THE TABS

Reaction score
The expectations are simple; transform the OL from a weakness into a strength, reestablish offensive balance, take back control of our division, and win the Super Bowl.

Is that asking too much? I don’t think so. The organization expects these things, so why shouldn’t I?

chris98251

Reaction score
Doesn't take a lot to go up from where we were at, score in the first half and give the defense a lead would be a great start, we were near the bottom in first half stats, the second half ability's masked a lot of those.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Make RW the league MVP and turn whatever RB we put out front into an all pro talent behind an offensive line that can smash their way to victory.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
Think this thread topic and question is a bit premature due to us having no freakin’ clue who the replacement coaches will be yet. You are asking us to make assumptions based on empty slots.

At this point to assume anything positive regarding next year, is that it couldn’t get any worse. But unfortunately the reality is that it can, specially when again...we have no idea who is going to fill those empty positions.

And we also have a lot of question marks on which players on both sides of the ball will still be wearing a Hawks jersey in 2018.

So while this thread will be fun to speculate in, and will likely be filled with a bunch of optimism thanks to the firings, it’s actaully impossible to give an honest answer at this time.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Until we know who the Coordinator and line coach are going to be, and we see what kind of players they bring in, it's impossible to have any expectations. Right now, I expect there to be some real changes in how we move forward and I hope that change gets us an offensive line that can create running lanes and protect the qb. I think if we get to that point, we'll be just fine.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I want an offense that is top ten in 3rd down and red zone efficacy. A team that can sustain drives a two first down drive might only be 9 plays but those 20 yards can flip field position and change how the other team will attempt to play offense. This defense and attitude Carroll has can be too much for teams with something as little as a 7-0 lead. An efficient offence can make the other team's offense one dimensional. Look at the Jags game they were able to run the ball all game because the Seahawks never got a lead so their weakness (Blake Borttles) was never a factor.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":3fz1kxdk said:
A RB to lead the team in rushing.

Agreed. It sounds so... simple, doesn't it? So... natural.

I hope the Hawks have a line that can open holes for consistent 3-4 yard runs, to get 80-100 yard rushing games from our RBs, to sprinkle in a few RW runs to keep the LBers on their heels and away from the line, and some of Pete's favorite Toxic Differential plays in long strikes to WRs on the sideline or to TEs in the seam.

Wouldn't it be great to know that we could run it on 3rd and 1-2 and have a great likelihood of converting?

I'd love to have a balanced Offense where, if things aren't working, we can rightly criticize players because of actual and noticeable lack of execution (or maybe ability) that can be improved by practice or coaching rather than fundamental philosophical problems at the coordinator level, like Cable with his ZBS.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":13h0tvae said:
A RB to lead the team in rushing.

I may even settle for a RB just leading the team in carries.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Switch to Man Blocking and have 2 each 1,000 yard rushers, Chris Carson and Thomas Rawls.

I blame Cable for Rawls struggles and Alex Collins struggles. Put him in, now put in the other running back, now put in the 3rd running back, now put in our RB/WR hybrid. :34853_doh:

For those of you unfamiliar with the Denver offensive line scheme, they use a technique known as "zone blocking".

In a "man" or "drive" blocking scheme the lineman is responsible for an individual, and the play is designed for a running back to hit a particular gap.

The zone blocking scheme, on the other hand, has a lineman blocking an area instead of a designated defensive player. If multiple linemen are blocking an area than one can break off and block into the second level

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-a ... n-blocking

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Looking better than a high school offense against an NFL defense in the first halves of games.

Honestly, the biggest change I'm expecting is less predictable formations.

HoldYourHawk

Reaction score
I really expect the amount of three and outs to be cut down significantly. Many saw the defense beyond gassed in the 4th Quarter after playing just about the entire first half every game this year.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
AF_BASS_MAN":16o78pfu said:
Think this thread topic and question is a bit premature due to us having no freakin’ clue who the replacement coaches will be yet. You are asking us to make assumptions based on empty slots.

At this point to assume anything positive regarding next year, is that it couldn’t get any worse. But unfortunately the reality is that it can, specially when again...we have no idea who is going to fill those empty positions.

And we also have a lot of question marks on which players on both sides of the ball will still be wearing a Hawks jersey in 2018.

So while this thread will be fun to speculate in, and will likely be filled with a bunch of optimism thanks to the firings, it’s actaully impossible to give an honest answer at this time.

Not really because people are pointing out what the problems were for the past 3 or so seasons and believe if those are fixed things could change for the positive. If the FO picks the wrong guys for these changes that is on them, not our expectations. If things look exactly the same next season then there is a serious problem, growing pains aside.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I expect a great offense, but I'm mainly worried about the QB coach aspect of it. Part of being a QB is psychological. It's not simply having a new name. That's for the media and the public. Tater was great for Russell