Richard Sherman Calls Concussion Protocol "Absolute Joke"

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
"It's for public opinion, for them to show the public that they care about the players, they care about player safety," Sherman said in a Players Tribune video posted Thursday. "In a show of good faith and goodwill, they said we're going to have an independent trauma expert, an independent neurologist, approve people, and the same things are happening that were happening before."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2753 ... =editorial

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2qrowwpd said:
Sherman is right, but how does the problem get fixed?

Teams needs to start getting large fines/losing draft picks?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1qxh3ta8 said:
Sherman is right, but how does the problem get fixed?

It doesn't, football is a contact sport. Seattle's Hawk Tackling that's been adapted from rugby is a step in the right direction. Good tackling technique and awareness are key. 4 corner drills should be mandatory.

naholmes

Reaction score
There’s always going to be concussions in football it’s pretty much unavoidable without some miracle helmet breakthrough. If the league was serious about player safety then there would be harsher penalties for illegal hits like Trevathan’s hit on Adams and Gronk’s totally ridiculous cheap shot on White. IMO, the penalties for illegal hits should be comparable to PEDs with repeat offenders being suspended indefinitely and having to apply for reinstatement.

kf3339

Reaction score
:( My question would be if he really feels it's an "Absolute Joke" then why does he continue to play?

It seem to me he wants to bash the process in a very detrimental way, but still is very happy to cash the checks. "IF" he really wants to make a statement, stop cashing the checks and stop playing. That I could respect.

But this? :(

themunn

Reaction score
Sherman is still mad about Thursday night football.

As long as that exists, everything in his mind that is for "player safety" is entirely for show

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Sherman hates Thursday night football, calls the concussion protocol a joke, hates the league commissioner, and on, and on, and on. Seems like he'd rather not play and get a real "job". I wonder how happy hed be with a job that payed around $15 and if hed get away with being a chronic complainer in the real world? Something tells me he'd realize pretty quickly he's got it pretty good.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bunch of Jim Moore fans in this thread. SMDH.

So if there is one aspect of your job you don’t like you should quit???? LOL.

Hope some of you are careful climbing down off that high horse.

Maybe some of you should try that route in your personal lives and see where that gets you.

There are a ton of things I HATE in my day job but the benefits slightly outweigh the negatives so I stay.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1or91usu said:

Maybe some of you should try that route in your personal lives and see where that gets you.

There are a ton of things I HATE in my day job but the benefits slightly outweigh the negatives so I stay.
Do you get to publicly, constantly complain about your job and not get fired? I don't think so. It's not just one thing with Sherman, he's a "negative Nancy", always has a problem with something and because he's a star athlete he gets a podium.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Employers hate guys like Sherman because they call out their BS. And y'all, a lot of employers are full of BS. Preach, Sherm.

And instead of tut-tuting the guy, you should be calling out your own bosses. Just because you bend over at work doesn't mean everyone else--or anyone else--should.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":2je3qvw1 said:
Sports Hernia":2je3qvw1 said:

Do you get to publicly, constantly complain about your job and not get fired? I don't think so. It's not just one thing with Sherman, he's a "negative Nancy", always has a problem with something and because he's a star athlete he gets a podium.
I just did publicly complain about my day job. I have zero problems with folks that question authority when it’s warranted, and it’s very warranted in this case despite your agenda.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":3hl3ywz7 said:
Employers hate guys like Sherman because they call out their BS. And y'all, a lot of employers are full of BS. Preach, Sherm.

And instead of tut-tuting the guy, you should be calling out your own bosses. Just because you bend over at work doesn't mean everyone else--or anyone else--should.
BINGO!

Seymour

Reaction score
Lets also consider the fact that Sherman is a headline whore, and right now this is the only way he can make them. Not saying there isn't some truth to his bitch, I'm saying without solutions this is just bitching and "standing up to the bully".

Mindsink

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":q2uw8ohn said:
I just did publicly complain about my day job. I have zero problems with folks that question authority when it’s warranted, and it’s very warranted in this case despite your agenda.

A non-specific complaint on a secluded forum by an anonymous person towards an unknown employer.

You sure are brave.

sutz

Reaction score
Yes, Sherm is a bit of an attention whore.

And yes, the concussion protocol is probably not as effective as it should be and more should be done, so he's right to some degree.

Clicks generated, problem solved.

:twisted:

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Mindsink":jelc19q3 said:
Sports Hernia":jelc19q3 said:

A non-specific complaint on a secluded forum by an anonymous person towards an unknown employer.

You sure are brave.
LMAO

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1x23zmso said:
SpokaneHawks":1x23zmso said:
Sports Hernia":1x23zmso said:

Agenda? Warranted? LOL, is this you Richard? He gets paid millions to play a game that he supposedly loves. If hes scared of a concussion, you know, he could find other work. Football players complaining about a concussion in a violent sport is almost as sad as a boxer who says he didnt know he could damage his brain!