Poll: Predict the personnel moves if we made the playoffs?

Poll: Predict the personnel moves if we made the playoffs and LOST IN THE FIRST ROUND?

• Both Bevell and Cable gone

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Bevell stays but Cable gone

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Cable stays but Bevell gone

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Both stay (ughh)

Votes: 33 61.1%

• Total voters

seabowl

Reaction score
This one was tough for me but I think Bevell may have hung around but Cable would still be out. The reason why I think it would not be a surety that both would still be gone was it took them a week to actually get around to letting them go which IMO meant they were still discussing what to do with each even after the last game. If the Hawks happened to have made the playoffs then it may have made the decision a little tougher.

Would have been even more interesting if they made the playoffs and won one or two games as tlwhat coaching changes if any would have been made.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Maybe it’s my own bias of being really curious to see what Bevell could do, when cut free from Cable, but I do think Cable would have been cut, and Bevell retained. I mean, no way were they going to keep the guy responsible for the abysmal atrocity that was the run game and offensive line were they?

I think they delayed cutting Cable while deciding what to do about Bevell. They wanted to cut them at the same time.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Why is both stay not an option?

The Seahawks making the playoffs again, wouldn't have been enough to move them out, imo.

Pete may have chalked it up to "injuries" which is correct but also misleading considering the situation as a whole.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2x6lwmvx said:
Why is both stay not an option?

The Seahawks making the playoffs again, wouldn't have been enough to move them out, imo.

Pete may have chalked it up to "injuries" which is correct but also misleading considering the situation as a whole.

I guess I so wanted at least one gone I didn't even think of it. Just added as an option

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
It really depends on what Cabevell did on 4th and 1 :2thumbs:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
We’d have kept both guys if Hauschka were our kicker.

chris98251

Reaction score
It would also matter how we did, backing in is never good, getting blown out by someone may have triggered the same results. Most here other then the Rose Colored glasses crowd could see what was happening, getting embarrassed on a National Televised game may have just been a bigger spotlight focused on it.

olyfan63

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2luqd3vk said:
Maybe it’s my own bias of being really curious to see what Bevell could do, when cut free from Cable, but I do think Cable would have been cut, and Bevell retained. I mean, no way were they going to keep the guy responsible for the abysmal atrocity that was the run game and offensive line were they?

I think they delayed cutting Cable while deciding what to do about Bevell. They wanted to cut them at the same time.

That was my choice also. Cable gone, Bevell stays.

As much as I hate Bevell for throwing Ricardo Lockette under the bus after SB49, Bevell was actually a decent NFL OC. Cable's flaming dogshit Offensive Line made execution of any offensive scheme difficult. Can't run, can't pass protect, what can you do as an OC? There was probably some friction between Cable and Bevell as well; how could Bevell NOT resent being evaluated on his performance, when hamstrung by Cable's O-Line performance?

Bevell actually did have moments of brilliance, and many of them seemed to involve clutch Doug Baldwin plays. I wasn't even thinking of Baldwin defending Bevell after the last loss, "Bev is not the problem"; total coincidence. I was just thinking through the big plays in key moments from 2013 to now, and Baldwin is way-over-represented in them.

When asked to design a game plan to go out and outscore a high-powered offense, Bev actually did decent. This year, Houston, and nearly Atlanta. A couple years back, the Steelers game.

RW has failed at lot at 4th Quarter comeback drives the last couple seasons. Mainly due to crap OL protection IMO. Watching Drew Brees drive New Orleans for the (almost) game-winning FG vs the Vikings in last weekend's playoff game, contrast that protection with the awful protection RW typically gets on his game-on-the-line drives.

Glad both are gone, Cable for crappy outcomes, and Bevell for his own lack of taking responsibility and instead throwing a player under the bus. Cable by all meaningful accounts is a pretty decent human being and I hope he finds a successful formula in Las Vegas.

Your reasoning on timing of the firings makes a lot of sense also.

"Tom Cable put the Offensive in Offensive Line"

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
could have lived with just cable going and see what happens with the bevellnator but meh.. this next season is gonna be fun to witness i know that much :D :D

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
With the run game ranking dead last if not for Wilson's scrambling, Cable may have still been gone. Pete takes running the ball pretty seriously, and there's no excuse for our numbers this season.