Video of Potential OC

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
DeFilippo is on the short list of names to fill the vacancy of he who shall not be named. Here's a little video that shows a bit of his attitude.

[youtube]HsY9z4p8cUk[/youtube]

getnasty

Reaction score
Good energy, very much like Pete himself. Don't know if that's enough to get you a job but I like it.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
getnasty":1om7rtof said:
Good energy, very much like Pete himself. Don't know if that's enough to get you a job but I like it.

That's what I picked up on too. I'm sort of hoping he gets the job.

massari

Reaction score
Curious why guys like him and Pete Carmichael are being talked about when they already have OC jobs?

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
massari":yiw2s4vg said:
Curious why guys like him and Pete Carmichael are being talked about when they already have OC jobs?

Money talks, and who wouldn't want to be in the "Pete Carroll Coaching Tree" a Lou Holtz protege who went on to work with and develop how many coaches who are currently at the Pro level?

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
massari":37jyy9gj said:

DeFilippo is a QB coach whose contract is over at the end of the season. This makes him available to talk to any team for any position he feels capable of performing including a Head Coaching position.

Carmichael is under contract and is a wishful pipedream (albeit a nice choice) brought up by other fans and not likely a candidate.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
FidelisHawk":jvyj41qj said:
massari":jvyj41qj said:

DeFilippo is a QB coach whose contract is over at the end of the season. This makes him available to talk to any team for any position he feels capable of performing including a Head Coaching position.

Carmichael is under contract and is a wishful pipedream (albeit a nice choice) brought up by other fans and not likely a candidate.
:ditto:

massari

Reaction score
FidelisHawk":1w82nwqg said:
massari":1w82nwqg said:

Makes sense.

Seems to be a lot of good candidates.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
The real question we should be asking is does he have an M's cap out of those 27 MLB caps? If so, I want him in Seattle! :D

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
DeFilippo will be perfect for our downgraded college style offense:

The potential plan to use a college-style offense could explain the team’s interest in Eagles quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo, who per Ian Rapoport of NFL Media is one of the candidates for the job. The Philly offense has those college concepts, as the Broncos and cornerback Chris Harris Jr. realized the hard way during the regular season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/13/seahawks-may-embrace-a-college-style-offense/

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I’ve never been a bigger Falcons fan than I am today.

RISE UP!

getnasty

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1gbtkpcf said:
The real question we should be asking is does he have an M's cap out of those 27 MLB caps? If so, I want him in Seattle! :D

I thought the same thing.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":a9swidx4 said:

Actually, the real question is does he have the patience to wait before taking on a Head Coaching gig. He's going to be offered one, but will he decide to take the most logical step and try an OC spot first.

Going to Seattle allows him to hone his offensive play-calling skills with a potential HC position available in the not so distant future, if his potential proves to be as anticipated.

Can he wait or does he go all in now?

PS
It would be cool if he had a M's trident cap though :D

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
TalontedNoseRider":2i0auat3 said:
DeFilippo will be perfect for our downgraded college style offense:

The potential plan to use a college-style offense could explain the team’s interest in Eagles quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo, who per Ian Rapoport of NFL Media is one of the candidates for the job. The Philly offense has those college concepts, as the Broncos and cornerback Chris Harris Jr. realized the hard way during the regular season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/13/seahawks-may-embrace-a-college-style-offense/
I get that he was briefly the OC of Browns and Manzeil where employed some spread offense but wasn't he primarily trying to incorporate a zone blocking scheme and deep passing offense (air coryell) similar to ours?

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I do like that he worked with Wentz and that Philly continued to use some zone read plays in their offensive attack.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
massari":2nz4awk3 said:
DeFilippo is not the Eagles' OC, he's their QB's coach.

Carmichael is the Saints' OC in title only. It's Sean Payton's offense and Payton calls the plays. OC's make "lateral" moves to become play-callers all the time.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":2x12ba9h said:
massari":2x12ba9h said:
DeFilippo is not the Eagles' OC, he's their QB's coach.

Carmichael is the Saints' OC in title only. It's Sean Payton's offense and Payton calls the plays. OC's make "lateral" moves to become play-callers all the time.

What you say may be true, but your conclusions are not.

By rule OC’s (or QB coaches for that matter) can not make lateral moves without the controlling teams permission, so it doesn't happen all the time. Whether Carmichael calls plays or not doesn’t change the rule, so it’s entirely up to New Orleans to decide if they want their OC to become any other team’s OC, with or without play-calling responsibility, or retain him.

Like it or not, his future is tied to Payton’s and their front office’s whim until his current contract expires, one way or the other.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I think DeFilippo is the guy they want...
Paul has the money to make it worth his while to come and be our OC/AHC, and grooming him to step in when Pete goes.
He'll be available tomorrow, after the Eagles with Foles flame out of the playoffs.
Fingers crossed!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Great find, thank you.

Love the guy’s energy, he would fit in well here with Russ and Pete.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
LOVE this guy's passion, energy, and the absolute electric positive energy in the way that he carries himself and interacts with his players. You can tell that he's both positive and uplifting ... and yet that he's not going to put up with any crap. He's not going to settle for any less than the best from everybody. He reminds me of a young Pete Carroll in a lot of ways ... which I believe is part of what makes him so attractive.

Absolutely DeFelippo as our OC would make me very excited. The one thing that I found myself going (Ehhhhh, I don't know if in the end he's going to be our guy) was how he pointed out that he grew up with the Eagles. The Eagles have been his team since he was young. He was an Eagles fan long before he was a part of the organization. That stuff means a lot. I think that carries some weight. Definitely pursue him for sure. Absolutely the Hawks shouId. I know that money and opportunity talks (and sometimes $$$ can speak quite loudly) ... but I just kind of wonder if some of that hometown guy stuff may mean that at the end of the day, he ends up staying in Philly.