Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Brian Schottenheimer

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Brian Schottenheimer
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:16 pm
  • Well the Vikings just hired DeFilippo as OC, glad we got our man...
    misfit
    NET Starter

Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:14 pm
  • Just read that. This is BS. He could of made our offense fun again. Pete and Jon screwed the pooch on rushing to hire Shotty
    SUPERBOWL XL CHAMPS AND I HAVE THE SHIRT TO PROVE IT!
    zchurch74
    NET Rookie

Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:24 pm
  • zchurch74 wrote:Just read that. This is BS. He could of made our offense fun again. Pete and Jon screwed the pooch on rushing to hire Shotty

How do you know he would have chosen Seattle over Minne???
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:25 pm
  • zchurch74 wrote:Just read that. This is BS. He could of made our offense fun again. Pete and Jon screwed the pooch on rushing to hire Shotty

The former Browns OC and Eagles QB coach?

How do people know this is the guy that created the Eagles offense?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:03 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:But replacing Bevell will help this team get past that play. That's why it had to be done. Like someone mentioned earlier, if not for Blair Walsh, we would have been 11-5. We have never been a bad team under Pete. Yet people are ready to fire him and can his new OC.

I like how the Bevell lovers are fine blaming one player some losses, but gods rid the notion of blaming one coach for some losses. It's particularly funny when one considers the fact that the OC has a bigger hand in the outcome of games than any player on the field except for the QB.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:06 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    zchurch74 wrote:Just read that. This is BS. He could of made our offense fun again. Pete and Jon screwed the pooch on rushing to hire Shotty

The former Browns OC and Eagles QB coach?

How do people know this is the guy that created the Eagles offense?

A couple of guys on Twitter said so :roll:
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:15 am
  • Maybe DeFilippo saw our OL and the regression and decided he would wait for another team. Not that I would choose the Vikings with the QB situation.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:21 am
  • Also there is an article which I think is already linked in this thread about how schotty made all those bad QB's just a little better
    I believe we are going to be better and crow will be the main course next season
    Our blocking and running woes by association were on cable and that I believe is going to change , so I'm totally happy to see the results before I start a 10+ page thread about how bad it's gonna suck
    This reminds me of all the new posters after we won the SB comin in and raising all kinds of crap
    Calm down folks , we got another draft comin , global warming's still a thing and my undies don't quite fit right
    Plenty of other stuff to complain about

:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Starter

Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:28 am
  • Where is all this Defilippo hype from?
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:46 am
  • Trrrroy wrote:Where is all this Defilippo hype from?

They just won the super bowl and led the NFC in offense

But it was mainly because of Doug Pederson not Defilippo
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:45 am
  • Honestly, he could be third on the Eagles offensive credit train behind Pederson and Reich.

The hype behind that guy is about as out of control as it gets. He's proven NOTHING.
    Mojambo
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:58 pm
  • Trrrroy wrote:Where is all this Defilippo hype from?

Hsu disciples.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:07 pm
  • Crizilla wrote:
    Trrrroy wrote:Where is all this Defilippo hype from?

It's both.

Pederson and Defilippo have installed a dynamic creative offensive scheme for the Eagles...........and we saw it in full display in the SB.

Against a team btw that is practically impossible to trick and misdirect, especially in game.

So not hard to believe that Defilippo is a hot commodity right now.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:51 pm
  • You'd have to think it was more Pederson and Reich than Defillipo. I'm sure he's involved, but he's not the OC and he's not calling plays.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:24 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:
    Trrrroy wrote:Where is all this Defilippo hype from?

It's both.

Pederson and Defilippo have installed a dynamic creative offensive scheme for the Eagles...........and we saw it in full display in the SB.

Against a team btw that is practically impossible to trick and misdirect, especially in game.

So not hard to believe that Defilippo is a hot commodity right now.

Throw in Cris Collinsworth, who starts foaming at the mouth about "great play-calling" whenever a QB completes a pass. I swear, outside of Romo, color commentators are the worst thing about the game right now.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:32 pm
  • Where did all the Schottenheimer hype come from?
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:47 pm
  • He’s not the previous goober so he’s an improvement without doing anything.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:24 pm
  • NJlargent wrote:Where did all the Schottenheimer hype come from?

He led the Toronto Bears to a 24-10 record last year. Put a guy through a table when he dropped a pass and then chugged Dr. Pepper.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:31 am
  • NJlargent wrote:Maybe DeFilippo saw our OL and the regression and decided he would wait for another team. Not that I would choose the Vikings with the QB situation.

You make it sound like he spurned the Hawks. Do we even know if the Hawks were interested and even contacted him?
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:08 am
  • And sometimes you can't just wait around. The fans have no idea if the Hawks attempted to contact them. A bunch of other teams passed on the guy. But if the Hawks do it, somehow that means they are clueless :roll:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:27 am
  • All these comments mean nothing right now. We hired Schotty , they hired DeFilippo. The season hasn't even started , let's give him a chance to prove himself. First of all , let's hope that all our players we'll be healthy and good things are ahead of us. (I'm not concerned about OC issue , but more like our RB issue + cap space issue)
    Gio
    NET Rookie

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:46 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    NJlargent wrote:Maybe DeFilippo saw our OL and the regression and decided he would wait for another team. Not that I would choose the Vikings with the QB situation.

You make it sound like he spurned the Hawks. Do we even know if the Hawks were interested and even contacted him?

We probably did not even contact him. My statement was in response to a post that suggested we made a mistake in taking Schottenheimer over DeFilippo. Now if we could have hired him, then perhaps it was a mistake but who knows.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:03 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    NJlargent wrote:Maybe DeFilippo saw our OL and the regression and decided he would wait for another team. Not that I would choose the Vikings with the QB situation.

I doubt it, Pete likes his coordinators to be yes men, and not so much independent thinkers that don't go with his philosophies and schemes.

I have no idea if Schottenheimer will do well, or not.............but if people think they're going to see some drastic scheme change away from how Bevell called games? Nope, this is Pete's team, Brian's going to playcall how Pete wants him to, just as Bevell did.

My guess is Defilippo would have wanted more autonomy.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:40 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:

I doubt it, Pete likes his coordinators to be yes men, and not so much independent thinkers that don't go with his philosophies and schemes.

I have no idea if Schottenheimer will do well, or not.............but if people think they're going to see some drastic scheme change away from how Bevell called games? Nope, this is Pete's team, Brian's going to playcall how Pete wants him to, just as Bevell did.

LOL, What an imagination.
    Where do you guys come up with this "Yes Men" crap? :lol:
    You do understand what the word "Coordinator" means, right?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:45 am
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:

Yes, it's an assistant football coach who works with his players, head coach and QB to scheme and playcall. Some coordinators are autonomous and have the full faith of their HC to scheme and playcall, and some are more dependent upon their head coach for direction and philosophy....................THAT'S who Pete hires, thus why 90% of the time he hires within his own coaching tree. Control and familiarity.

Tomorrow we'll discuss how yellow and blue make green.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:47 am
  • And? How many head coaches don't want to do things their way?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:24 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:

Yes, it's an assistant football coach who works with his players, head coach and QB to scheme and playcall. Some coordinators are autonomous and have the full faith of their HC to scheme and playcall, and some are more dependent upon their head coach for direction and philosophy....................THAT'S who Pete hires, thus why 90% of the time he hires within his own coaching tree. Control and familiarity.

Tomorrow we'll discuss how yellow and blue make green.

Coaching Tree Smoaching Tree, Just saying it's so, doesn't make it so, that's alternative reality.
    I'll put it another way, Pete doesn't need his Coaches to GO OFF SCRIPT, his expertise is in Defense, so he relies on his OC's to shape offensive strategies, LEANING HEAVILY on producing a decent Run Game, but that doesn't mean that he's completely relinquishing some say in how he wants his Coordinators to work out the bugs, NOR does it imply that he's a control freak, needing to be surrounded by "Yes Men".
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:49 am
  • Pete dictates what kind of offense he wants, ball control, run heavy, eat chunks of time and then take shots downfield to get a score once they cheat up to stop the run.

He favored the ZBS scheme, our implementation sucked under Cable, doesn't mean the variant won't still be there but with a power aspect to it which we had but for some reason refused to use.

That's what he is going to tell Schotty, what Schotty does to incorporate that mantra is going to be up to him. But he will have to incorporate it.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:04 am
  • scutterhawk wrote:Coaching Tree Smoaching Tree, Just saying it's so, doesn't make it so, that's alternative reality.
    I'll put it another way, Pete doesn't need his Coaches to GO OFF SCRIPT, his expertise is in Defense, so he relies on his OC's to shape offensive strategies, LEANING HEAVILY on producing a decent Run Game, but that doesn't mean that he's completely relinquishing some say in how he wants his Coordinators to work out the bugs, NOR does it imply that he's a control freak, needing to be surrounded by "Yes Men".

We're saying the same thing, it's just that you don't like the phrase "yes man."

What do you think Pete's doing this off season by cleaning his coordinator house and replacing all these guys with either coaches he already knows, or in Schottenheimer's case, a coach Rex Ryan is on record as saying he'd do whatever he wanted him to do?

Pete's taking control back over the entire scheme, on both sides of the ball. Thus "yes man"...........as in run the offense how I want it run.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:54 am
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:

This. I don’t think Pete is the micromanager that some think, want, or need him to be.
    I think he has a general sense of what he wants in his team. Run the ball well and play great defense.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:21 pm
  • Nah, fans know exactly how Pete wants to run things, how he thinks and what he demands. :lol:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:48 pm
  • "
    NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Eagles have "no immediate plans to hire an offensive coordinator."

Coach Doug Pederson has run the offense since arriving in Philadelphia, but Frank Reich had the coordinator title. With Reich gone, RBs coach Duce Staley and WRs coach Mike Groh were believed to be the favorites for a promotion, but it looks like the Eagles will leave the position open. With Reich and ex-QBs coach John DeFilippo out the door, both Staley and Groh will have much more on their plates moving forward even if they are not given an official promotion."

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/688/duce-staley

Interesting insight into the Eagles offense. Looks like Pederson really is/was the brainchild of the Eagles offense. They may not even hire an OC. Will be really interesting to see how Reich and DeFilppo do making their own way.
    Frozenropers
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:06 pm
  • Pederson ran the offense that had variations of the WCO, Reich came from the K Gun, two very adept offenses, will be interesting to see what he brings, I think he will be successful if he gets the pieces he needs put into place.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:13 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:

This. I don’t think Pete is the micromanager that some think, want, or need him to be.
    I think he has a general sense of what he wants in his team. Run the ball well and play great defense.

Exactly
    IF things are running smoothly, his coordinators are most likely given free rein.
    Like yourself, I too believe that he's no micromanager, though I do think that If shit starts derailing, and because he is the HEAD COACH, I do believe that he might offer up some advice to getting back on track...That's what ALL good Head Coaches are suppose to do.
    What I'm hearing with this "Yes Man" garbage, is that under Pete Carroll, there will be NO independence, NO freethinkers, or individuality, which kind of sounds like that's what some are trying to sell... Sorry, but I ain't buyin'.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:21 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:Exactly
    IF things are running smoothly, his coordinators are most likely given free rein.
    Like yourself, I too believe that he's no micromanager, though I do think that If shit starts derailing, and because he is the HEAD COACH, I do believe that he might offer up some advice to getting back on track...That's what ALL good Head Coaches are suppose to do.
    What I'm hearing with this "Yes Man" garbage, is that under Pete Carroll, there will be NO independence, NO freethinkers, or individuality, which kind of sounds like that's what some are trying to sell... Sorry, but I ain't buyin'.

You don't have to go to the extreme to make your point, there is a gray area where most things exist............and that's what I'm talking about.

Of course Pete isn't going to be some sort of playcalling overlord not allowing Brian any freedom whatsoever. But make no mistake, just as he did with Bevell, Schottenheimer will have to work the offense within the scheme and philosophy that Pete wants............and that is a ball control pound the rock and use Russell's play action.

This entire conversation started as to why we hired Schottenheimer instead of Defilippo, and I'm telling you guys why. Because Schottenheimer is more pliable and doesn't have a problem not being an autonomous playcaller, because he has to run the offense how Pete wants it run.

And that means someone like Defilippo who's ready to take the next step into a more dynamic creative scheme with more playcalling authority would not be a good fit here.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:15 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:Exactly

You don't have to go to the extreme to make your point, there is a gray area where most things exist............and that's what I'm talking about.

Of course Pete isn't going to be some sort of playcalling overlord not allowing Brian any freedom whatsoever. But make no mistake, just as he did with Bevell, Schottenheimer will have to work the offense within the scheme and philosophy that Pete wants............and that is a ball control pound the rock and use Russell's play action.

This entire conversation started as to why we hired Schottenheimer instead of Defilippo, and I'm telling you guys why. Because Schottenheimer is more pliable and doesn't have a problem not being an autonomous playcaller, because he has to run the offense how Pete wants it run.

And that means someone like Defilippo who's ready to take the next step into a more dynamic creative scheme with more playcalling authority would not be a good fit here.

Look Sarge, this is no skin off my teeth, (dentures) but When I read where someone/someone's is/are LABELING one of Pete's new coach hires as a "Yes Men" ( an insult), I feel obliged to correct the misnomer/mistake, eh?
    I have my doubts that DeFilippo could or would have offered up ANY kind of guarantee for success.
    There are SOOOOOO many name droppers in here that can be, and OFTEN ARE mistaken.
    Some people like firing out their whazooo, even when they are shooting blanks.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:29 pm
  • Keep in mind that when Pederson's got hired, you could say the same thing about him as some here are saying about DeFillipo: Andy Reid was the mastermimd behind the KC offense. Pederson runs a very similar system and he innovated on top of it and it was fantastic.

The same can be said of DeFillipo. There was an article about how he approached reworking the offense with Foles where he talked about sitting down with Nick, Doug, and Frank and he asked Nick what he was most comfortable with and they went from there. He was clearly very involved with the offense and I'm sure he learned a lot from Pederson.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:24 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:Keep in mind that when Pederson's got hired, you could say the same thing about him as some here are saying about DeFillipo: Andy Reid was the mastermimd behind the KC offense. Pederson runs a very similar system and he innovated on top of it and it was fantastic.

The same can be said of DeFillipo. There was an article about how he approached reworking the offense with Foles where he talked about sitting down with Nick, Doug, and Frank and he asked Nick what he was most comfortable with and they went from there. He was clearly very involved with the offense and I'm sure he learned a lot from Pederson.

Reich is going to run a K gun, no huddle and QB calls the shots on the field. Go back and watch Jim Kelly and the Bills, it will be updated with some modification but that's what it will be, not the spring no huddle of Chip Kelly.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Previous

It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 4:10 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information