Austin Seferian-Jenkins says Marquise Lee should be Seahawk

arghawkfan

Reaction score
Read this earlier today, didn't know if it was posted. If ASJ is recommending other players to join Seahawks, it could be a sign that he is contemplating joining Seattle himself which probably means Jimmy is gone. I loved ASJ as a former Husky, but off field problems derailed his career so far. He has since quit drinking and if he had better qb play then he had with the Jets, i think he could be a decent low cost replacement for Jimmy G. As far as Marquise Lee, he is a great route runner, but has been inconsistent and has been somewhat injury prone, I guess it depends on the money.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-jets ... -113464140

PaVloVa!8

Reaction score
I think replacing Graham by ASJ would be a nice move ...

massari

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1ylozgs3 said:
PaVloVa!8":1ylozgs3 said:

I don't.
He'll probably be half the price of Graham and is becoming a willing blocker:

One problem: He didn't grasp the importance of blocking, especially in the running game, and just aspired to be a prolific, pass-catching tight end.

"I think earlier in my career, that's just what I wanted to be," he told NJ Advance Media. "I'm 25, and I'm [in my] fourth year, and I just want to be a complete tight end. I want to be the best complete tight end."

Now in his second season with the Jets, he is taking big steps toward that.

He was a run-blocking force in last Sunday's win over the Jaguars, playing key blocking roles on touchdown runs of 69 and 75 yards. On another running play that he recalled Thursday, he handled Pro Bowl defensive end Calais Campbell -- no easy task.

"I was able to seal him off," Seferian-Jenkins said. "Before, I know I definitely wouldn't have done that. That was a cool thing. That's where I think my game has improved, and being able to keep me on the field more than before. They're like, 'OK, we can trust him for the most part.' I'm getting closer to becoming a complete tight end."
http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/1 ... t_end.html

adeltaY

Reaction score
He's also much younger than Graham. I have no idea what happened to Graham between the 20s this year. He was tearing it up last year and I figured he'd be healthier this year but it just didn't work out.

A-Dog

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":dznx5dwa said:
PaVloVa!8":dznx5dwa said:

I don't.
Care to elaborate?

a) Do you want to keep Graham?
b) Are you worried about ASJ's off-field troubles?
c) Do you not like him as a player?

Any longer-term contract would surely have clauses related to off-field / substance abuse issues.

I think he'd be a good pickup if Graham leaves.

CPHawk

Reaction score
PaVloVa!8":16x4657m said:

If by nice you mean replacing Graham with guy who's head has never been on strait, and he'd be more likely to be suspended at some point and has less production in his entire hear than Graham has in an avg year, then id agree. Otherwise he's not a replacement for any of our TE.

CPHawk

Reaction score
PaVloVa!8":3q00f6o1 said:
MontanaHawk05":3q00f6o1 said:
PaVloVa!8":3q00f6o1 said:

I don't.
What not ,,, cheaper, tuff matchup ... he was good this year IMO

In his entire career he has 105 catches, just over 1000 yds and 10 TD. He's a decent backup, that's it.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
ASJ is terrible bro, he'll be out of the league in 2 years

DJrmb

Reaction score
If he's really gotten over his drinking and off field issues then ASJ is one of the most talented TE's in the league. I'd love to see if we could get him here on a short cheap deal.

drcool

Reaction score
ASJ would be a good fit with Vannett. And I like Marques Lee. If we can replace Graham and Richardson for those two and save a few mil I would be all for it. Of course I would rather keep Graham and P-Rich but they will cost too much.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Given Schottenheimer's offense, I think Allen Robinson would be a better target.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Never mind. Different rules for different folks, I suppose.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":19ctjset said:
PaVloVa!8":19ctjset said:

I don't.

Me either. We have some extremely talented young tight ends in Swoops and Vannette.

JimmyG

Reaction score
massari":21agxefs said:
MontanaHawk05":21agxefs said:
PaVloVa!8":21agxefs said:

I don't.
He'll probably be half the price of Graham and is becoming a willing blocker:

One problem: He didn't grasp the importance of blocking, especially in the running game, and just aspired to be a prolific, pass-catching tight end.

"I think earlier in my career, that's just what I wanted to be," he told NJ Advance Media. "I'm 25, and I'm [in my] fourth year, and I just want to be a complete tight end. I want to be the best complete tight end."

Now in his second season with the Jets, he is taking big steps toward that.

He was a run-blocking force in last Sunday's win over the Jaguars, playing key blocking roles on touchdown runs of 69 and 75 yards. On another running play that he recalled Thursday, he handled Pro Bowl defensive end Calais Campbell -- no easy task.

"I was able to seal him off," Seferian-Jenkins said. "Before, I know I definitely wouldn't have done that. That was a cool thing. That's where I think my game has improved, and being able to keep me on the field more than before. They're like, 'OK, we can trust him for the most part.' I'm getting closer to becoming a complete tight end."
http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/1 ... t_end.html
Jimmy Graham gave the same lip-service answers when we brought him here.

"Listen, man, I'm 270 pounds. I can block anybody I want to," he said, via 710 ESPN Seattle. "It's all about want-to. We'll see come this first Sunday."

"For me, that's really the main focus of this offseason is really to get my mind wrapped around this run game because it is a little different," Graham told 710 ESPN recently. "I've never been in a read-option type of system, but they also do just straight-up run the ball. So for me it's some different concepts, and their footwork is a lot different than the way I've done it. But it's exciting, something new and I think just the evolution of kinda my game and growing as a player."

The entire Seahawks coaching staff has talked to Graham about the importance of blocking in their system, and according to offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, “it’s something that he's totally willing to do.”

“He's excited about it,” Bevell said. “I think he kinda has a little chip; he wants to prove it as well. We're looking forward to that."

hawknation2018

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1j3enavm said:
Would love to see ASJ here.

He's supposedly improved as a blocker, which we have been missing at TE. His last couple years in the league have been very inefficient, so maybe he can be had for close to the vet minimum.