Walter Football grades the alleged Schottenheimer hire

King Dog

Reaction score
Lol. So true
--------------------

Seahawks hire OC Brian Schottenheimer: MILLEN HIRES SEXY SON TO INSERT KIELBASAS INTO Grade
I'm not sure if this is official yet. Adam Schefter reported yesterday that it will happen at some point. But given how stupid this is, I just had to write about it.

I can't believe the Seahawks are hiring Brian Schottenheimer to be their offensive coordinator. Hell, I can't believe Schottenheimer has any sort of job, period. Like, if 7-11 hired him, I'd give it an "F." Why is he still employed in the NFL!? The Seahawks did a great job by finally moving on from the abysmal Darrell Bevell, yet they somehow found someone who is worse than him!

Schottenheimer has inexplicably been an offensive coordinator for nine years. His offense has been ranked 20th or worse in seven of those seasons. Schottenheimer has failed with the Jets and Rams, and he was horrible at the University of Georgia. He offers no sort of innovation or creativity with his play-calling, and the only reason he has a job in the NFL is because of his father. This is nepotism at its finest.

I can't believe the Seahawks are doing this. Despite their reluctance to fire Bevell much earlier, they've generally been a smart organization. This makes me think otherwise. They could've hired a sharp, innovative, offensive mind to help Russell Wilson, but they've brought in a proven failure instead. I have no logical explanation for this decision, and this sort of nepotism deserves an obvious Millen.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire ... z54ECw3QSv

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire ... J4G0ufH.99

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
As said on many other threads it seems that PC needs to be the top guy instead of everyone wins despite where the credit goes. Could be a stellar signing by Pete though especially if we get a good OLC and he will be seen as a genius.

Don't care regardless, I think results matter. Past means nothing in regards of moving forward. I am going to be sick to my stomach if things look exactly the same next year or even worse. If that is the case PA needs to Jim Mora PC.

OP
OP
K

King Dog

Reaction score
I agree with Walter. It makes me sick if this is the direction we're going.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
I don't like the Schotty hire either, but Walter is a dope. He's an average, overreactive NFL fan that happens to have a well trafficked site.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
King Dog":1tnfx3uu said:
Lol. So true
--------------------

Seahawks hire OC Brian Schottenheimer: MILLEN HIRES SEXY SON TO INSERT KIELBASAS INTO Grade
I'm not sure if this is official yet. Adam Schefter reported yesterday that it will happen at some point. But given how stupid this is, I just had to write about it.

I can't believe the Seahawks are hiring Brian Schottenheimer to be their offensive coordinator. Hell, I can't believe Schottenheimer has any sort of job, period. Like, if 7-11 hired him, I'd give it an "F." Why is he still employed in the NFL!? The Seahawks did a great job by finally moving on from the abysmal Darrell Bevell, yet they somehow found someone who is worse than him!

Schottenheimer has inexplicably been an offensive coordinator for nine years. His offense has been ranked 20th or worse in seven of those seasons. Schottenheimer has failed with the Jets and Rams, and he was horrible at the University of Georgia. He offers no sort of innovation or creativity with his play-calling, and the only reason he has a job in the NFL is because of his father. This is nepotism at its finest.

I can't believe the Seahawks are doing this. Despite their reluctance to fire Bevell much earlier, they've generally been a smart organization. This makes me think otherwise. They could've hired a sharp, innovative, offensive mind to help Russell Wilson, but they've brought in a proven failure instead. I have no logical explanation for this decision, and this sort of nepotism deserves an obvious Millen.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire ... z54ECw3QSv

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire ... J4G0ufH.99
Millen is a dumb shit, thank you very much.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Trrrroy":3v3ghmv7 said:
I don't like the Schotty hire either, but Walter is a dope. He's an average, overreactive NFL fan that happens to have a well trafficked site.

Please, he's an expert! He makes hot takes and says he has sources - some NFL team should hire him!

Also, he has the humor of an actual 12 year old.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Trrrroy":14k4fyde said:
Probably pissed off because Pete didn't ask for his blathering opinion.
People need to grow the hell up, & STOP with the "Schotty" bullshit grade-school name calling.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1i5f0tef said:
Trrrroy":1i5f0tef said:
People need to grow the hell up, & STOP with the "Schotty" bullshit grade-school name calling.

Um.

I don't think anyone is name-calling. That's just his name. He has a long ass surname, of course it's going to be shortened.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Is this the same site that"gave Seattle my worst draft grade ever!"?

And who says Russell Wilson was a bad pick?

You're quoting them? :34853_doh:

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Counterpoint. :smilingalien:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Q13FOX/status/952791237551185920[/tweet]

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":w98zagrl said:
Counterpoint. :smilingalien:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Q13FOX/status/952791237551185920[/tweet]

Huh, are we really the pulse of Seahawk fandom here. Really seems that way from articles I have read and things put on talking heads shows. Maybe it is coincidence or what talking heads say make us form our views. Who knows.

chris98251

Reaction score
We are well trafficked by media for the pulse of the fan base, look how long we have been here and media outlets have in the past have had live chats or had Q and A things where this sites owners have been asked to pol and get responses.

Aros fought the good fight for many years so not only do the Seahawks know us and look in and see stuff but the NFL as well, they probably still really would like to get this domain name in their books, it is still independent that's due Aros and Rockhawk and now Anguish as well. As well as everyone that donates and contributes their time as members and moderators.

Steve2222

Reaction score
scutterhawk":35l4g7dd said:
Trrrroy":35l4g7dd said:

lmao how is calling him Schotty name calling?

Trrrroy

Reaction score
ivotuk":24kmr7lp said:

Yep. Walter also panned the Lynch trade because Lynch was "lazy" and "just not that good." Also thought the Pete Carroll hire was awful if memory serves.

So in summary he gave one of the best drafts in NFL history an F, one of the best trades in history an F, and one of the best coaching hires in history an F. If anything his hatred of this hire is a good omen.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Trrrroy":1em70nhy said:
ivotuk":1em70nhy said:

Yep. Walter also panned the Lynch trade because Lynch was "lazy" and "just not that good." Also thought the Pete Carroll hire was awful if memory serves.

So in summary he gave one of the best drafts in NFL history an F, one of the best trades in history an F, and one of the best coaching hires in history an F. If anything his hatred of this hire is a good omen.

Nobody will ever respect what Seattle does. Most of the people I've met on the east coast think Seattle is a foreign planet.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Trrrroy":1r9sbhqf said:
ivotuk":1r9sbhqf said:

:ditto:

Further down the page it says this:

"Seahawks fire OC Darrell Bevell, DC Kris Richard: A+ and C- Grade"

No mention of the Cable firing ...

Seymour

Reaction score
Trrrroy":2f2nmu1t said:
ivotuk":2f2nmu1t said:

If true, logic would dictate that getting an F from him is exactly what we should want. :2thumbs: