Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Malik McDowell

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Malik McDowell
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:55 am
  • Does anyone have anything on whats going on with Malik. I still believe he can have an impact on the defense. He is only 21 but his upside is tremendous. Pete sounds more like he is giving up on him.
    bighawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Malik McDowell
Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:06 am
  • Everything I've heard and read on Malik is that he's still an unknown.

Probably won't know anything until the team gets into OTA's and he's either cleared to participate, or kept on PUP.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:07 am
  • My assumption is, ATV accident caused some serious brain damage, more than they'd like to let on. A full year later and Pete can't speculate means, IMO, he'll be lucky to play football again.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:14 am
  • Malik tweeted this back on July 30th, so I wouldn't give up hope.

"My injury is not life or career threatening as some have speculated."
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:18 am

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:19 am
  • King Dog wrote:Malik tweeted this back on July 30th, so I wouldn't give up hope.

I'd take that with a pinch of salt, in honesty.

My guess is he never steps onto the field, unfortunately.

Such a shame, could have had a hell of a career.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:23 am
  • original poster wrote:
    King Dog wrote:Malik tweeted this back on July 30th, so I wouldn't give up hope.

I'd take that with a pinch of salt, in honesty.

My guess is he never steps onto the field, unfortunately.

Such a shame, could have had a hell of a career.

So about 1000x more serious than a grain of salt then? :twisted:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:25 am
  • After his latest brush with the law/media and his problems from whatever happened during his super secret accident I think the smartest thing may be just to get every penny of contract money back if they can and get some kind of relief for a draft pick that turned into a big fat ZERO that didn't ever even attend one practice much less take any snaps in a real NFL game.

Does anyone know for sure what the Hawks COULD ask for from the NFL?

GO HAWKS!!!
    For those that choose to attend the temple "QWEST" bring your best and be LOUD.

The opposition has no hope!!
    12HawkFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:32 am
  • King Dog wrote:Malik tweeted this back on July 30th, so I wouldn't give up hope.

Ironic that he's speculating on the speculation.

Truth is he sure as hell didn't know on July 30th whether the NFL, player's union, his doctors or the Hawks would allow him to continue his career after a serious accident.

We'll see........at this point no one knows, even Malik.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:33 am
  • 12HawkFan wrote:After his latest brush with the law/media and his problems from whatever happened during his super secret accident I think the smartest thing may be just to get every penny of contract money back if they can and get some kind of relief for a draft pick that turned into a big fat ZERO that didn't ever even attend one practice much less take any snaps in a real NFL game.

GO HAWKS!!!

Ahh, nothing
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:39 am

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:42 am
  • I think at this point we are gonna have to take the L on this one and move on. I hope I’m wrong but in this case I feel like no news is bad news
    xStickybudz
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:55 am
  • A damn shame what could have been if Pete stuck to his mantra of drafting players that "love" football.

It was fairly obvious Malik did not love football but Pete was hell bent on drafting him and even trading down to get him.

Just another failed Pete Carroll move that has set the team further back.

If next year doesn't pan out, I can see Paul Allen searching for a new head coach.

Every year since 2013 has been going down hill, and it's not a coincidence, it's a trend.
    "Awww, you so weak!" Richard Sherman to Joe Webb

"Uh, huh, you suck!" Richard Sherman to Pierre Garçon

"Don't f***** try me--I'm the best!" Richard Sherman

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:08 pm
  • nanomoz wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Upside?????

I think not personally, this kid has some serious issues.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/12/13/seahawks-malik-mcdowell-arrest-vide/

Sheeeesh. I'd heard nothing of this. Maybe his brain was damaged.

That would be best case scenario IMO. That way It could be explained and rationalized we weren't completely stupid for drafting him. Sadly I doubt that. He is just a knucklehead screwed up kid used to having a silver spoon.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:17 pm
  • Unsure if it’s similar, knowing nothing about his medical condition, but years ago a friend was in a motorcycle accident and overall came out ok. Unfortunately, he hit his head pretty hard and was concussed.

His symptoms were degraded short term memory loss and the personality of a teenager (he was in his thirties). It was like he had to relearn maturity or such. Took about a year for things to return to normal.

Just bring it up, cause brain injuries can cause odd issues. Including ones a regular joe wouldn’t think of.
    lobohawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:26 pm
  • 12HawkFan wrote:After his latest brush with the law/media and his problems from whatever happened during his super secret accident I think the smartest thing may be just to get every penny of contract money back if they can and get some kind of relief for a draft pick that turned into a big fat ZERO that didn't ever even attend one practice much less take any snaps in a real NFL game.

GO HAWKS!!!

Absolutely nothing. The money was guaranteed. Unless he does something that voids the contract (we would have heard if that was the case) there is no cap relief to be found.

Just another really terrible character draft choice.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:38 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:A damn shame what could have been if Pete stuck to his mantra of drafting players that "love" football.

It was fairly obvious Malik did not love football but Pete was hell bent on drafting him and even trading down to get him.

Just another failed Pete Carroll move that has set the team further back.

If next year doesn't pan out, I can see Paul Allen searching for a new head coach.

Every year since 2013 has been going down hill, and it's not a coincidence, it's a trend.

I agree with the not liking football part.

Seems the like there is a subset of players drafted every year, not just by us,
    Who seem to have the "I made it" mindset and want to get the money they feel has
    Already been "earned" and not put any more work into it or just are tired of football.
    He may be there?
    I too feel like we still draft head cases we think we can fix instead of football players.
    Frank worked out I guess but Percy harvin was wishful thinking. (Traded a 1st)
    Thats one out of three. At big risk and allocation of draft resources not to mention $ for Percy.
    gonzhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:38 pm
  • QuickLightning wrote:Just another really terrible character draft choice.

Because he wrecked while riding an ATV? I guess that makes me a really terrible character as well. :roll:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:40 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:If next year doesn't pan out, I can see Paul Allen searching for a new head coach.

That's some pretty funny shit right there. I didn't realize we had a comedian in the joint.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:25 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:If next year doesn't pan out, I can see Paul Allen searching for a new head coach.

That's some pretty funny shit right there. I didn't realize we had a comedian in the joint.

The Seahawks were 9-7 this year. Very possible with San Fran rising and LA here to stay, the Hawks with aging core players, add in they're gonna test a new coordinator and no current run game, 2018 can very well be 7-9, 6-10 season, I don't think that sits well with Paul Allen.
    "Awww, you so weak!" Richard Sherman to Joe Webb

"Uh, huh, you suck!" Richard Sherman to Pierre Garçon

"Don't f***** try me--I'm the best!" Richard Sherman

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:29 pm
  • Was a risky pick to begin with and looks like it crashed and burned. Can't see him ever suiting up here.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:35 pm
  • This is Andre Hines or Nate Oddoms all over again, we will take the hit and move on, would have could have been, he had red flags but without the accident could have grown in to a disruptive force that required management since he is so young for a while. Door not closed yet but it sure isn't a wide open garage door anymore either.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:51 pm
  • Seymour wrote:Upside?????

First time I've actually watched the video. Do you really think it was that bad? All I saw/heard was smack talk in both directions. The female LEO says something to the extent of 'Baby, you sound so F-cking ignorant' setting the bar pretty low for the interaction. We didn't get to see the original contact, who knows what was said then.

I'd be more concerned if it was a one side profanity laced tirade. Once you get past the salty language, there was some legitimate back and forth as to the grounds for his arrest and the procedure.
    Osprey
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:24 pm
  • Osprey wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Upside?????

First time I've actually watched the video. Do you really think it was that bad? All I saw/heard was smack talk in both directions. The female LEO says something to the extent of 'Baby, you sound so F-cking ignorant' setting the bar pretty low for the interaction. We didn't get to see the original contact, who knows what was said then.

I'd be more concerned if it was a one side profanity laced tirade. Once you get past the salty language, there was some legitimate back and forth as to the grounds for his arrest and the procedure.

I just watched the video for the first time as well and I completely agree with you. Some people here made that sound way worse than it really was. Yes, there was profanity (by the cops too BTW), but he was clearly upset because he thought the arrest was BS. Pretty sure most people would be upset if they felt they were being wrongfully or unnecessarily arrested. It seems the only "crime" he committed was disorderly conduct? So basically acting like a jackass?

So lets see. We have a 21 year old young man that has crashed an ATV and also made a jackass out of himself at a club one night. This sounds like fairly typical behavior for a young man that has some growing up to do. Not everyone is a choir boy. Some of you all make it sound like he beat the crap out of his grandma and robbed a bank or something.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:24 pm
  • After watching the video......cut his damn ass.
    He has ZERO respect for authority.
    When you get arrested, it is NOT an open discussion. Keep your damn mouth shut and do what you are told. You can argue in court. That is what courts are for. I hope this clown NEVER dresses for Seattle.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:29 pm
  • Oh my God!!! He argued in a disrespectful fashion with the cops while not resisting in anyway!!! Oh the humanity!!! I'm so outraged!!! Off with his head!!!

Geez man. Some of you all trigger awfully easily. Didn't realize we had such sensitive folks up in here.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:37 pm
  • I've done worse shit than Malik when I used to get drunk around that age. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:55 pm
  • I won’t criticize the pick because of the the result. I criticize it because Forrest Lamp, the best interior OL in the draft, was on the board. Lamp also suffered a season ending injury in TC, but it’s not the type of of thing you can predict. We needed Lamp; we did NOT need McDowell, no matter the upside.
    ben@thetabs
    THE TABS
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:55 pm
  • dopeboy206 wrote:I've done worse shit than Malik when I used to get drunk around that age. Lol

You, me, and almost everyone I knew when I was that age.

Crashed on an ATV? Check. (Actually still do this sometimes and I'm 40)

Made a jackass out of myself at a club? Check.

Disrespectful to cops? Check.

Honestly, the outrage is pretty baffling to me. He's young, dumb, and full of @#$ just like we all were at some point. None of this seems all that bad to me.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:21 pm
  • THE TABS wrote:I won’t criticize the pick because of the the result. I criticize it because Forrest Lamp, the best interior OL in the draft, was on the board. Lamp also suffered a season ending injury in TC, but it’s not the type of of thing you can predict. We needed Lamp; we did NOT need McDowell, no matter the upside.

Under another OC or O line coach I may agree, but our history has sown taking a guy in the draft who plays one position we confuse and have a learning curve when they get to the NFL playing a spot they didn't play in college.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:47 pm
  • I would hate to see him get cut and goes to another team and blows up. I just hope they work with him and he becomes a force because his highlights are impressive. :2thumbs:
    bighawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:52 pm
  • He got arrested for disorderly conduct for calling the cop a b!tch. Of course he was upset.
    I'm with all you guys who see all the uppity and easily outraged folks on here.
    Crashed an A TV in an ACCIDENT. "Cut him !". "What a loser".
    Argues with a copette over being arrested for some foul language. "Hope he never suits up as a Hawk".
    Apparently she hadn't been taught "sticks and stones".
    Y'all sound like the same lot from Buffalo who screamed "good riddance" when we grabbed Lynch.
    Pitchfork wielders underoos comin out the dryer a bit small.
    The Breh
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:00 pm
  • The Breh wrote:He got arrested for disorderly conduct for calling the cop a b!tch. Of course he was upset.
    I'm with all you guys who see all the uppity and easily outraged folks on here.
    Crashed an A TV in an ACCIDENT. "Cut him !". "What a loser".
    Argues with a copette over being arrested for some foul language. "Hope he never suits up as a Hawk".
    Apparently she hadn't been taught "sticks and stones".
    Y'all sound like the same lot from Buffalo who screamed "good riddance" when we grabbed Lynch.
    Pitchfork wielders underoos comin out the dryer a bit small.

Well most of us feeling our Oats think we know it all and know our rights etc, you learn from making mistakes or get taught that challenging authority that has the power to alter your circumstances isn't a good thing.

Depending on your background this can come later for many people.

Doesn't mean the person is bad, just not really educated in how life works in some circumstances.

Some people just like to push the limits as well, those will be a challenge top be around or to work with, but again it's application and situation, pushing limits isn't always bad, knowing who your pushing is the key.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:04 pm
  • So many messed up "facts here". Sure would be nice if people would familiarize themselves with the story before going off on others. He was not arrested just for calling her a bitch. The bar called the cops on him because of this....

McDowell’s latest incident came while his team was here in Florida to play the Jaguars Sunday. TMZ’s report says McDowell, who turned 21 in June, was arrested early Sunday in Atlanta “after a cop says she saw him getting into a verbal altercation outside the front doors of a club called St. Lounge.”

TMZ cited an incident report that stated McDowell was shouting at the head of security for the club about $600 he believed St. Lounge owed him, “even though he was repeatedly told by staff and his own friend they didn’t have the cash he demanded.”

After eventually being allowed in the club he was kicked out while still shouting about the $600, the report states.

“The cop says she was told McDowell poured out a couple bottles of liquor inside and got booted,
    ” TMZ’s report says.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... rylink=cpy
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:17 pm
  • Seymour wrote:So many messed up "facts here". Sure would be nice if people would familiarize themselves with the story before going off on others. He was not arrested just for calling her a bitch. The bar called the cops on him because of this....

McDowell’s latest incident came while his team was here in Florida to play the Jaguars Sunday. TMZ’s report says McDowell, who turned 21 in June, was arrested early Sunday in Atlanta “after a cop says she saw him getting into a verbal altercation outside the front doors of a club called St. Lounge.”

TMZ cited an incident report that stated McDowell was shouting at the head of security for the club about $600 he believed St. Lounge owed him, “even though he was repeatedly told by staff and his own friend they didn’t have the cash he demanded.”

After eventually being allowed in the club he was kicked out while still shouting about the $600, the report states.

“The cop says she was told McDowell poured out a couple bottles of liquor inside and got booted,
    ” TMZ’s report says.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... rylink=cpy

Was this supposed to strengthen an argument?

Lot of these troubled players (Lynch) come good. Malik doesn’t get that chance?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:21 pm
  • No, it is an attempt to tell the truth about what really happened that night.

It wasn't just McDowell vs woman potty mouth cop. :roll:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:27 pm
  • Why would a club owe McDowell $600.00? It sounds like the brain damage is worse than we could have imagined.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:34 pm
  • Seymour wrote:No, it is an attempt to tell the truth about what really happened that night.

Yes. You’ve really uncovered quite an incident here.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:34 pm
  • None of the people in that video sound like they are even remotely intelligent.

Literally talking about all three of them.

Dont @ me.
    "Sometimes, guys can't hang with what's expected for one reason or another, their growth, their development and all that, and the best thing I can tell you is that they're not here."
    - Big Balls Pete
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:36 pm
  • McDowell could have been a great QB. /thread
    "Sometimes, guys can't hang with what's expected for one reason or another, their growth, their development and all that, and the best thing I can tell you is that they're not here."
    - Big Balls Pete
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:40 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:No, it is an attempt to tell the truth about what really happened that night.

I've uncovered nothing, someone else wrote the story. People will make up their own minds based on their morals. What is wrong with having the available facts when people are mis stating crap all throughout the thread? You seem to not like that either?

Did I say to cut him?

No. I questioned the "upside" comment when all we've seen is downside from him so far. Then I posted the link to the missing downside info that was left out to exaggerate a point.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:43 pm
  • Seymour wrote:No, it is an attempt to tell the truth about what really happened that night.

So he was arrested for yelling about $ he thought he was owed ? Pouring out the liquor ?
    No assaults, huh. Just yellin and liquor pourin.
    He may have been right and his buddy was telling him otherwise as a diffuser.
    A $600 discrepancy isn't necessarily "nothing" to a rookie.
    I think hoping he never suits up and all the other egregious comments made on this here site over an ATV accident and a hissy fit over a bill paints a certain kind of picture of those folks making said comments.
    But what do I know.
    The Breh
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:49 pm
  • That video showed a lot of dumbasses in whatever town he was in
    .. It also showed his face isnt mangled like previously reported so..... excellent update!
    StaffAmerica74
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:51 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:No, it is an attempt to tell the truth about what really happened that night.

I've uncovered nothing, someone else wrote the story. People will make up their own minds based on their morals. What is wrong with having the available facts when people are mis stating crap all throughout the thread? You seem to not like that either?

Did I say to cut him?

No. I questioned the "upside" comment when all we've seen is downside from him so far. Then I posted the link to the missing downside info that was left out to exaggerate a point.

You questioned his character over the incident,used the story to support the narrative offered by others. There was no “thus far.”

What’s discouraging about the reaction to Malik is there is every reason to hold out hope he becomes a good player and good person for this team based on the stories of some of his current teammates and former Seahawks under Carrol.

A part of the story being ignored. No doubt he made a mistake.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:58 pm
  • That video showed that on the surface, his injuries are minor. He obviously has some level of brain damage though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    AKNFidel
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:59 pm
  • I think I've seen enough of his decision making skills and proof that he qualifies as a complete dumb ass at this point yes. That doesn't mean he cannot play for Pete and be liked by others though.

Can you show me one shred of evidence "he will become a good person?" :shock:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:02 pm
  • Seymour wrote:I think I've seen enough of his decision making skills and proof that he qualifies as a complete dumb ass at this point yes. That doesn't mean he cannot play for Pete and be liked by others though.

From one video?

Cool.

I wish people didn’t make mistakes too. Doubt you ever did.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:03 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    dopeboy206 wrote:I've done worse shit than Malik when I used to get drunk around that age. Lol

You, me, and almost everyone I knew when I was that age.

Crashed on an ATV? Check. (Actually still do this sometimes and I'm 40)

Made a jackass out of myself at a club? Check.

Disrespectful to cops? Check.

Honestly, the outrage is pretty baffling to me. He's young, dumb, and full of @#$ just like we all were at some point. None of this seems all that bad to me.

Exactly. He was caught talking shit when he was drunk. So what? I'm sure everyone here has done and said stupid things when they're drunk. I remember at that age I used to start a lot of shit in my neighborhood growing up in the Rainier Beach area with my smart ass mouth. Got into plenty fights, rumbles, all types of shit and even got arrested a few times. All my friends were the same way too. People grow up, we change some for the better and some for the worse. Let's give Malik a chance to prove to us he can ball which I believe he can.
    Last edited by dopeboy206 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:03 pm
  • Lawrence Taylor would have never played football in todays society. Not saying if it is good or not just an observation. Just interesting how we judge EVERYTHING by the moral standards these days. What car to buy, musicians, where to eat, what brand shoes to buy, what type of meat to buy , athletes have to be classy and smart. It could be a good thing or maybe we have taken things to far....
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:27 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:I think I've seen enough of his decision making skills and proof that he qualifies as a complete dumb ass at this point yes. That doesn't mean he cannot play for Pete and be liked by others though.

From one video?

Cool.

I wish people didn’t make mistakes too. Doubt you ever did.

I made shit loads of mistakes. And not until I was cut down, owned up, lost it all, and made some serious life changes did I finally get it. People want to play enabler and make excuses for the behavior and blow it off to youth are what actually will keep these kids in self destruct mode. Been there, seen that, and buried friends over it that never figured it out. You tell me who is "the bad guy" here.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:05 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information