Malik McDowell

bighawk

Reaction score
Does anyone have anything on whats going on with Malik. I still believe he can have an impact on the defense. He is only 21 but his upside is tremendous. Pete sounds more like he is giving up on him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Everything I've heard and read on Malik is that he's still an unknown.

Probably won't know anything until the team gets into OTA's and he's either cleared to participate, or kept on PUP.

mistaowen

Reaction score
My assumption is, ATV accident caused some serious brain damage, more than they'd like to let on. A full year later and Pete can't speculate means, IMO, he'll be lucky to play football again.

King Dog

Reaction score
Malik tweeted this back on July 30th, so I wouldn't give up hope.

"My injury is not life or career threatening as some have speculated."

original poster

Reaction score
King Dog":utowe9gs said:

I'd take that with a pinch of salt, in honesty.

My guess is he never steps onto the field, unfortunately.

Such a shame, could have had a hell of a career.

Seymour

Reaction score
original poster":v8qyke87 said:
King Dog":v8qyke87 said:

I'd take that with a pinch of salt, in honesty.

My guess is he never steps onto the field, unfortunately.

Such a shame, could have had a hell of a career.

So about 1000x more serious than a grain of salt then? :twisted:

12HawkFan

Reaction score
After his latest brush with the law/media and his problems from whatever happened during his super secret accident I think the smartest thing may be just to get every penny of contract money back if they can and get some kind of relief for a draft pick that turned into a big fat ZERO that didn't ever even attend one practice much less take any snaps in a real NFL game.

Does anyone know for sure what the Hawks COULD ask for from the NFL?

GO HAWKS!!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
King Dog":12kzscn7 said:

Ironic that he's speculating on the speculation.

Truth is he sure as hell didn't know on July 30th whether the NFL, player's union, his doctors or the Hawks would allow him to continue his career after a serious accident.

We'll see........at this point no one knows, even Malik.

getnasty

Reaction score
12HawkFan":886z3ooc said:
After his latest brush with the law/media and his problems from whatever happened during his super secret accident I think the smartest thing may be just to get every penny of contract money back if they can and get some kind of relief for a draft pick that turned into a big fat ZERO that didn't ever even attend one practice much less take any snaps in a real NFL game.

GO HAWKS!!!

Ahh, nothing

xStickybudz

Reaction score
I think at this point we are gonna have to take the L on this one and move on. I hope I’m wrong but in this case I feel like no news is bad news

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
A damn shame what could have been if Pete stuck to his mantra of drafting players that "love" football.

It was fairly obvious Malik did not love football but Pete was hell bent on drafting him and even trading down to get him.

Just another failed Pete Carroll move that has set the team further back.

If next year doesn't pan out, I can see Paul Allen searching for a new head coach.

Every year since 2013 has been going down hill, and it's not a coincidence, it's a trend.

Seymour

Reaction score
nanomoz":28ipe2c0 said:
Seymour":28ipe2c0 said:
Upside?????

I think not personally, this kid has some serious issues.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/12/13/seahawks-malik-mcdowell-arrest-vide/

Sheeeesh. I'd heard nothing of this. Maybe his brain was damaged.

That would be best case scenario IMO. That way It could be explained and rationalized we weren't completely stupid for drafting him. Sadly I doubt that. He is just a knucklehead screwed up kid used to having a silver spoon.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Unsure if it’s similar, knowing nothing about his medical condition, but years ago a friend was in a motorcycle accident and overall came out ok. Unfortunately, he hit his head pretty hard and was concussed.

His symptoms were degraded short term memory loss and the personality of a teenager (he was in his thirties). It was like he had to relearn maturity or such. Took about a year for things to return to normal.

Just bring it up, cause brain injuries can cause odd issues. Including ones a regular joe wouldn’t think of.

Reaction score
12HawkFan":39pnxzfr said:

GO HAWKS!!!

Absolutely nothing. The money was guaranteed. Unless he does something that voids the contract (we would have heard if that was the case) there is no cap relief to be found.

Just another really terrible character draft choice.

gonzhawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1ucxtb6l said:
A damn shame what could have been if Pete stuck to his mantra of drafting players that "love" football.

It was fairly obvious Malik did not love football but Pete was hell bent on drafting him and even trading down to get him.

Just another failed Pete Carroll move that has set the team further back.

If next year doesn't pan out, I can see Paul Allen searching for a new head coach.

Every year since 2013 has been going down hill, and it's not a coincidence, it's a trend.
I agree with the not liking football part.

Seems the like there is a subset of players drafted every year, not just by us,
Who seem to have the "I made it" mindset and want to get the money they feel has
Already been "earned" and not put any more work into it or just are tired of football.
He may be there?
I too feel like we still draft head cases we think we can fix instead of football players.
Frank worked out I guess but Percy harvin was wishful thinking. (Traded a 1st)
Thats one out of three. At big risk and allocation of draft resources not to mention $ for Percy.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3oq31akc said:

That's some pretty funny shit right there. I didn't realize we had a comedian in the joint.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2h1qbzjr said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2h1qbzjr said:

That's some pretty funny shit right there. I didn't realize we had a comedian in the joint.
The Seahawks were 9-7 this year. Very possible with San Fran rising and LA here to stay, the Hawks with aging core players, add in they're gonna test a new coordinator and no current run game, 2018 can very well be 7-9, 6-10 season, I don't think that sits well with Paul Allen.