Ever get the feeling we are......

Seymour

Reaction score
The land of the misfit toys? Bevell, Cable, Pete, McDowell, Lane, Schottenheimer, Wilson, Baldwin, Bennett, Sherman, Ifedi, Clark.......on and on.

Not saying that is necessarily bad, I'm saying maybe Schottenheimer fits in perfectly.

Misfittoys 600x400 jpg

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Seymour":2wv2c3fy said:
The land of the misfit toys? Bevell, Cable, Pete, McDowell, Lane, Schottenheimer, Wilson, Baldwin, Bennett, Sherman, Ifedi, Clark.......on and on.

Not saying that is necessarily bad, I'm saying maybe Schottenheimer fits in perfectly.

Misfittoys 600x400 jpg
Are we the cast of misfits that are task with saving the world??

Not sure where the Seahawks will be two years from now.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Seymour":15fmk4i9 said:

Misfittoys 600x400 jpg

OP made after drinking 5+ beers.

I've been there.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
This year I thought we were the land of unfit co-ordinators :17:

Hell, we were getting stuffed so hard at the line, I would pause the TV to count and make sure we had 11 on the field.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
At the end of that show, everyone was happy, so if we're the island of misfit toys then so be it.

Atradees

Reaction score
The oley lineman were running upfield while the dine chased wilson. Land of the Lost.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
Your use of a click bait thread title is the only reason I opened this and read it, so well done.

But having now read it, I am more confused now than I would have been, had I have not opened this thread and found out what the mystery topic in fact was.

Click bait....annoying no matter where it is on the internet.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
LOL. Not clickbait. That title literally would not fit in the provided space.

What is so hard to understand about much of our team being a group of misfits? Sherman started that in 2012 and it's continued since.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Misfit toys to me would be hiring guys like Rob or Rex Ryan, Chan Gailey, Romeo Crennel, Lane Kiffin or Mike Singletary............the old retreads that no one wants anymore.

At least the coordinators we hired have had success, either here or elsewhere and are still viable coaches in the league.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":27rjlitv said:
Misfit toys to me would be hiring guys like Rob or Rex Ryan, Chan Gailey, Romeo Crennel, Lane Kiffin or Mike Singletary............the old retreads that no one wants anymore.

At least the coordinators we hired have had success, either here or elsewhere and are still viable coaches in the league.

Schottenheimer has had very debatable success IMO. His teams numbers are actually alarmingly bad, just not Cable level bad.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":80dn6jq6 said:
Sgt. Largent":80dn6jq6 said:

Schottenheimer has had very debatable success IMO. His teams numbers are actually alarmingly bad, just not Cable level bad.

I'd say anyone that can win with Chad Pennington and have a head coach of Rex Ryan is "successful."

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":15pd8rzm said:
Seymour":15pd8rzm said:
Sgt. Largent":15pd8rzm said:

I'd say anyone that can win with Chad Pennington and have a head coach of Rex Ryan is "successful."

Ya, in his case I don't put the weight on numbers as much as normal considering his hands dealt. Just saying I don't think the word "success" appears too many times on his resume.

I intend to give him a fair shot.....say 4 games or so. :twisted:

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seymour":27k6ux8z said:
Sgt. Largent":27k6ux8z said:
Seymour":27k6ux8z said:
Sgt. Largent":27k6ux8z said:

Ya, in his case I don't put the weight on numbers as much as normal considering his hands dealt. Just saying I don't think the word "success" appears too many times on his resume.

You've already compared him to a puppet and a "misfit toy."

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1s4w891r said:
Seymour":1s4w891r said:
Sgt. Largent":1s4w891r said:
Seymour":1s4w891r said:

Ya, so? Doesn't mean he can't get the job done. Puppet is in reference to him making the moves Pete wants, and has similar philosophy. Misfit is for poor numbers and being told he can't get it done with being fired....

Can I expect to hear this line the next 12 months now? :roll:

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seymour":8ee2bzrx said:
hawknation2018":8ee2bzrx said:
Seymour":8ee2bzrx said:
Sgt. Largent":8ee2bzrx said:

Ya, so? Doesn't mean he can't get the job done. Puppet is in reference to him making the moves Pete wants, and has similar philosophy. Misfit is for poor numbers and being told he can't get it done with being fired....

Just don't say you are giving him a "fair shot," knowing all the pejoratives you have said about him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":52hjcbpp said:

4 whole games? That's very generous of you.

You'll be late to the party, cause I fully expect at least 10 "Fire Schottenheimer" threads after the first pre-season game. Maybe even sooner.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3vjqfcbd said:
Seymour":3vjqfcbd said:
hawknation2018":3vjqfcbd said:
Seymour":3vjqfcbd said:

Just don't say you are giving him a "fair shot," knowing all the pejoratives you have said about him.

Oh BS..... :roll: I'll say exactly what I feel. Go try to control someone else's words.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seymour":2lnbwdjc said:
hawknation2018":2lnbwdjc said:
Seymour":2lnbwdjc said:
hawknation2018":2lnbwdjc said:

Oh BS..... :roll: I'll say exactly what I feel. Go try to control someone else's words.

No thanks. I'll continue to point out the absurdity and inconsistency. Go try to control someone else's words.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":qn4dxjwl said:
Seymour":qn4dxjwl said:

4 whole games? That's very generous of you.

You'll be late to the party, cause I fully expect at least 10 "Fire Schottenheimer" threads after the first pre-season game. Maybe even sooner.

Ya I know, they are already starting. Not the utmost popular choice, but given Pete's situation I find it pretty unsurprising.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I think anytime you have a roster of 53 individual personalities plus 20+ coaches you're going to have a handful of distinct individuals. I guess, classified as "misfit toys" if that's the nomenclature that you want to use.

Latest posts