Matt Patricia's thought process vs the Seahawks SB

chris98251

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":24sjwlec said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JamesALight/status/949705972821479431[/tweet]

Scab Picker, you can't let old wounds heal .................................This will be another 100 post thread now. :evil:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Just proves that they knew what was coming. The Seahawks' goal-line playbook was razor-thin at the time. THAT was Bevell's failing - or, possibly, Pete's.

RussB

Reaction score
Lynch was wide open in the flat, i always notice that in the replay. Patricia even mentions it here.

chris98251

Reaction score
Listening to that Lynch was still the guy that should have scored if he ran to the flat and would have been wide open.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":9vzvtve1 said:
Just proves that they knew what was coming. The Seahawks' goal-line playbook was razor-thin at the time. THAT was Bevell's failing - or, possibly, Pete's.

It sounds like Bevell made the call and Pete gave his blessing so in my mind they both are to blame for that call.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Aros":78x8sue5 said:
MontanaHawk05":78x8sue5 said:

It sounds like Bevell made the call and Pete gave his blessing so in my mind they both are to blame for that call.

Again...wasn't about the play. It was about the playbook. Pete notoriously kept it thin so as not to overwhelm Wilson (to the latter's chagrin) and I think it bit them here.

Seymour

Reaction score
Well that was quick.

Just 3 years to come up with that?

Way to put your nose to the grindstone Matt. :177692:

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
They knew what Bevell was running, Bevell called the play, therefore it's Bevell's fault. Greatest firing of all time.

Partly on Wilson too, gotta go through your reads kid.

I'm still also not convinced Lynch would have been stopped if we ran it. About 90% sure we run him on the next play if that ball falls incomplete.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1ltcuchg said:
They knew what Bevell was running, Bevell called the play, therefore it's Bevell's fault. Greatest firing of all time.

I'm still also not convinced Lynch would have been stopped if we ran it. About 90% sure we run him on the next play if that ball falls incomplete.
Not only did they know that play was coming. The Patriots prepared for it. Brandon Browner was a Seahawk and knows that play. He was the key to identifying that play and stopping it.

Pete approved that play as they said it worked so well in practice. Also, Wilson can't go through his reads because it is an automatic play-'quick slant and the ball must be out immediately.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1qwstk30 said:
Good point Ad, it will never end. everrrrrrrr :lol:

If they give us the W and a trophy I'll drop it for good. :2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":yw8yfah4 said:

Outside of Wilson going thru his reads (it was a one read play)....
The rest I agree with.