RB movements and adjustments under Schottenheimer and Solari

toffee

Reaction score
Last off season, Pete and front office put major emphasis to improve running. Invested in new OL guards Joeckel and almost got Lang, signed new RB in Lacy, drafted Carson. Result was total failure .... led to the ouster of Bevell and Cable.

This off season, we have a new OL coach that had success in coaching OL with great running games, an OC with past emphasis on runs.

Quite sure Lacy will be cut, Rawls? Will Carson came back strong or lost a step or two? Will we use a full time FB?

Thoughts?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Prosise is going to have a huge role IF he can stay healthy. He targets the running backs out of the backfield frequently. If not Prosise someone will benefit from his system.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
IF Pete is getting back to the heart of his philosophy, he will draft someone that will make them all compete and perform better. I look to see Guice or Freeman on the roster for fall.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
A great OL can make any mediocre RB looked good, but a great RB can also make mediocre OL looked good. It may be cheaper to invest in a great RB than to invest in a number of offensive linemen. May be Marshawn hided some of our OL deficiencies when he was in his prime?

Any trade or draft prospect for that one great RB?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
toffee":2ngfuirb said:
A great OL can make any mediocre RB looked good, but a great RB can also make mediocre OL looked good. It may be cheaper to invest in a great RB than to invest in a number of offensive linemen. May be Marshawn hided some of our OL deficiencies when he was in his prime?

Royce Freeman in the draft

Bishop Sankey is a RFA and could be picked up cheap LOVED him in college

LaGarrette Blount

Le'Veon Bell

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
toffee":2xtvypub said:

Either Georgia running back. Guice from LSU would be decent, as well.

I'm partial to Nick Chubb.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3ih37xbb said:
toffee":3ih37xbb said:

LaGarrette Blount

Le'Veon Bell

Is Le'Veon Bell even available? Can we afford to sign him?

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
toffee":2ssg1zzo said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2ssg1zzo said:
toffee":2ssg1zzo said:

LaGarrette Blount

Le'Veon Bell

Pittsburgh has brought up that they'll slap the tag on him, even if they didn't he supposedly wants 15mil.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2w194e70 said:
toffee":2w194e70 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2w194e70 said:
toffee":2w194e70 said:

LaGarrette Blount

Le'Veon Bell

Pittsburgh has brought up that they'll slap the tag on him, even if they didn't he supposedly wants 15mil.

Doesn't sound like he will be our guy, we can't afford to sign him ..... and with our OL, he may not want to join us.

stizz19

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":15bd9z17 said:
toffee":15bd9z17 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":15bd9z17 said:
toffee":15bd9z17 said:

LaGarrette Blount

Le'Veon Bell

Saw an article that quoted him saying he would retire from the NFL if he was to be franchised again, and yeah we cannot afford him either way.

original poster

Reaction score
As I said in another thread, I'd like a trade with Cleveland and draft the best RB available with 33 and the best interior lineman with 63.

The draft is pretty deep at RB and interior OL, thankfully.

getnasty

Reaction score
Lacy, Rawls-gone
Carson-lock
Prosise, Mckissic,Davis and a late rounder-battle for 3 spots.

Good OL is way more important then good running back in my mind. Todd Gurley sucked in 2016, they brought in some OL help now he's a MVP candidate.
Cowboys lose Zeke, Rod Smith and Alford Morris still look good. I'm not oppose to investing in a back but I'd rather on OL and find that Kareem Hunt/Tevon Coleman/Alvin Kamara type talent in the middle of the draft.

Mojambo

Reaction score
I'm more interested in seeing who they bring in at FB.

Schotty is going to want better than converted DL there, I'd think.

DJrmb

Reaction score
toffee":1lls9p2h said:
http://fftoolbox.scout.com/football/2017/contract_year_players.cfm?player_pos=RB
Free agent RB.
I'd like them to take a look at Isaiah Crowell personally. He's got the size they like (5'11" 225) and is 1 year removed from leading the league in breakaway runs. He just turned 25 in January.

Crowell

NJlargent

Reaction score
Forget Guice. We need to draft OL. Should be fairly obvious that it needs to be addressed as we are not going anywhere with the current lineup.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
DJrmb":2ctjp4co said:
toffee":2ctjp4co said:
http://fftoolbox.scout.com/football/2017/contract_year_players.cfm?player_pos=RB
Free agent RB.
I'd like them to take a look at Isaiah Crowell personally. He's got the size they like (5'11" 225) and is 1 year removed from leading the league in breakaway runs. He just turned 25 in January.

Crowell

Carlos Hyde?

DJrmb

Reaction score
toffee":2veg4h7l said:
DJrmb":2veg4h7l said:
toffee":2veg4h7l said:
Free agent RB.

Crowell

Carlos Hyde?
Hyde for me is just kinda "meh". He's always hurt it seems. Although Latavius Murray was kind of the same for me and he has been good for Minnesota. Hyde is also 27 already (28 next September), so it'd have to be a short deal.

zchurch74

Reaction score
I would like to see Blount here for two years. He is at the end of his career but he could give us two good seasons as we prep new running back’s. The guy is a beast and he is never hurt. I think his attitude fit in perfect with our team.

Even if we run a committee of running back’s he would fit in perfect.