Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The GM Armchair - how to regain draft capital and cap space

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    original poster wrote:Yeah I wouldn’t be against Sherm coming back next year. I’m in two minds. We all know what Pete and co can do at DB, maybe they strike on another corner and we’ll be set at the position for a good few years with Griffin on the other side.

His play has never been about his speed, it’s been about his football smarts which aren’t going to deteriorate with age.

You might not have a choice.

IMO your 2nd round trade value is probably being very optimistic. If we couldn't get a first rounder for Sherman last off season fully healthy with two full years left on his deal..............why do you think we can get a 2nd rounder for him now coming off a major achilles rupture?

My point is I'm fine with keeping Sherman for his final year if there's no serious trade offers and we can stock up on picks by trading Earl and Bennett.

We don’t know that teams didn’t offer a first rounder last off season.

I agree though that a second rounder for him may be optimistic, it also may be totally possible. Wouldn’t be the first time a team has made the wrong call would it?
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    original poster wrote:Yeah I wouldn’t be against Sherm coming back next year. I’m in two minds. We all know what Pete and co can do at DB, maybe they strike on another corner and we’ll be set at the position for a good few years with Griffin on the other side.

His play has never been about his speed, it’s been about his football smarts which aren’t going to deteriorate with age.

You might not have a choice.

IMO your 2nd round trade value is probably being very optimistic. If we couldn't get a first rounder for Sherman last off season fully healthy with two full years left on his deal..............why do you think we can get a 2nd rounder for him now coming off a major achilles rupture?

My point is I'm fine with keeping Sherman for his final year if there's no serious trade offers and we can stock up on picks by trading Earl and Bennett.

We don’t know that teams didn’t offer a first rounder last off season.

I agree though that a second rounder for him may be optimistic, it also may be totally possible. Wouldn’t be the first time a team has made the wrong call would it?

Of course we don't know for sure, but just about everything out there said that was the asking price for Sherman was indeed a first rounder, or some said multiple picks.

Bottom line, I think with the failure of guys like Maxwell, and to a lesser degree Browner, Thurmond, etc........the word is out that this is very much a system defense that it's players have a hard time once leaving Seattle.

I think Earl transcends that, but Sherman might not.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• I want a legit star type player like a Vita Vea and one will be there. This is not the year to trade down . This is the year to cash in on a star player a transformative player like an Earl Thomas . How many second and third round picks is a 22 year old Sherman or {Earl Thomas a first round pick} worth just as an example . Exactly a ton of them. We haven't struck gold on a player in the 2nd round on down in years .
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Northwest Seahawk wrote:I want a legit star type player like a Vita Vea and one will be there. This is not the year to trade down . This is the year to cash in on a star player a transformative player like an Earl Thomas . How many second and third round picks is a 22 year old Sherman or {Earl Thomas a first round pick} worth just as an example . Exactly a ton of them. We haven't struck gold on a player in the 2nd round on down in years .

I'd agree if we had 2nd and 3rd round picks but as it stands, now way they miss out on all the talent on day 2.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Rat wrote:Those are all reasonable, but are we half-rebuilding or something? Either keep it together or blow the damn thing up. Purgatory is the worst place to be in sports; I'm already dealing with that as a Detroit Pistons fan, I don't want my football team to do that too.

He puts Earl, Sherm, Bennett, and Avril on the chopping block.

Are you suggesting Russ too or something?
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran

• Might possibly trade Bennett post June 1st (for a 2019 pick) since there would be more cap savings/less dead money.

Wonder if the Raiders can afford Sherman under the cap for the 11th pick in the 3rd round? Seems like a good match for Sherman to play opposite of Gareon Conley in his home town. Don't think I'd trade him for anything less than that and wait to see how he looks in training camp before making the decision whether to cut him or not.

Earl Thomas to the Cowboys for pick #19 seems perfect.

Trade:

Sherman
    Thomas
    Bennett
    Britt

Release:

Lane
    Avril
    Ryan

Retire:

Kam :pray:
    Last edited by massari on Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:McDowell and Pocic are these weird 'potential' superstars that never actually have done anything.

Remember the guy that used to hold that title was Tanner McEvoy. (Who I still think would have been a better safety than receiver)

Be careful what you wish for. McD doesn't exactly have amazing video either.

Pocic has some potential but the chance of him being more than an average starter isn't great.

For a town with bad traffic, grey weather and more than its share of rain....we sure are an optimistic bunch sometimes.

There is one part of this I agree with for sure we should have kept Tanner at Safety.
    randomation
    NET Veteran

• 3rd from the Bucs for Bennett would be perfect. May even settle for a 4th if a certain guy is still on the board.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• massari wrote:
    3rd from the Bucs for Bennett would be perfect. May even settle for a 4th if a certain guy is still on the board.

Finally a decent trade proposal. I’d trade Bennett for a 3rd.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• massari wrote:Might possibly trade Bennett post June 1st (for a 2019 pick) since there would be more cap savings/less dead money.

Wonder if the Raiders can afford Sherman under the cap for the 11th pick in the 3rd round? Seems like a good match for Sherman to play opposite of Gareon Conley in his home town. Don't think I'd trade him for anything less than that and wait to see how he looks in training camp before making the decision whether to cut him or not.

Earl Thomas to the Cowboys for pick #19 seems perfect.

Trade:

Sherman
    Thomas
    Bennett
    Britt

Release:

Lane
    Avril
    Ryan

Retire:

Kam :pray:
    LOL.
    Are you trying to turn them into a last place team???? I’m glad you are not the GM.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    massari wrote:
    3rd from the Bucs for Bennett would be perfect. May even settle for a 4th if a certain guy is still on the board.

I suggested Bennett for a 3rd in the original post :?

Albeit to New England.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    massari wrote:

I suggested Bennett for a 3rd in the original post :?

Albeit to New England.

He meant finally a decent trade proposal from me....which I got from you. ;)
    massari
    NET Veteran

• Ah, gotcha! :)
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Here's a much tamer version.

Seahawks cut the following players -

Cliff Avril
    Michael Bennett
    Jeremy Lane
    Jon Ryan

From those cuts, the Seahawks would have $30,173,861 in cap room.

With the current draft picks, that'll eat $5,995,471, plus keeping, say $5M for in season signings due to injury, you could expect Seattle to have around $19,178,390 in cap space to sign free agents.

With the cuts the roster sits at 42 players. However, assuming that 5 of the 8 drafted players make the team, that puts the roster up to 47. Add in 2 UDFA's and you're up to 49. That leaves 4 players needed for the 53 man roster. Ala free agency.

I expect them to draft 2 RB's (one early and one late) as they only have 3 on the roster currently. Worringly they only have 2 DE's as well, however I expect some of the RFA's to be back as well as at least 1 draft choice and 1 free agency signing.

Some points of note -

Frank Clark could well be in for an extension this off season, they're allowed to extend him as of a couple of weeks ago. That will hurt the cap as his current 2018 number is $1,187,527.

Sheldon Richardson is 100% gone unless the team makes some jaw dropping cuts or trades. Same applies to Jimmy Graham and Paul Richardson.

If Earl does get an extension, I cannot figure a way to make his cap hit not go up by at least $2M (making the contract realistic, anyway). His current 2018 number is $10,400,000.

The kicker situation can be very cheaply resolved via a late round draft pick or an undrafted free agent.

If Jon Ryan does get cut, again the position can be managed via a late rounder or UDFA, very cheaply.

The current roster has glaring holes at RB, TE, DE, G and OLB.

I think it's unrealistic (unless drastic personnel changes are made) to expect the team to address all the needs effectively given the cap numbers available to them and their draft capital.

I can absolutely imagine, if they play this relatively conservatively, that it is a two year plan to get back on track and they will, ultimately, have to accept glaring holes at one or two positions next season as they're not in a position to be able to address every problem.

Either way, they absolutely need to hit on several draft picks this April to stay competitive.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:Here's a much tamer version.

Cliff Avril
    Michael Bennett
    Jeremy Lane
    Jon Ryan

From those cuts, the Seahawks would have $30,173,861 in cap room..........

From those cuts, or AFTER those cuts? No way just those 4 players add up to that.

It makes no sense to cut Bennett and only save $3M in cap, when you can cut Sherman and save $11M coming of a major injury.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Cliff Avril
    Michael Bennett
    Jeremy Lane
    Jon Ryan

With the current draft picks, that'll eat $5,995,471, plus keeping, say $5M for in season signings due to injury, you could expect Seattle to have around $19,178,390 in cap space to sign free agents.

With the cuts the roster sits at 42 players. However, assuming that 5 of the 8 drafted players make the team, that puts the roster up to 47. Add in 2 UDFA's and you're up to 49. That leaves 4 players needed for the 53 man roster. Ala free agency.

I expect them to draft 2 RB's (one early and one late) as they only have 3 on the roster currently. Worringly they only have 2 DE's as well, however I expect some of the RFA's to be back as well as at least 1 draft choice and 1 free agency signing.

Some points of note -

Frank Clark could well be in for an extension this off season, they're allowed to extend him as of a couple of weeks ago. That will hurt the cap as his current 2018 number is $1,187,527.

Sheldon Richardson is 100% gone unless the team makes some jaw dropping cuts or trades. Same applies to Jimmy Graham and Paul Richardson.

If Earl does get an extension, I cannot figure a way to make his cap hit not go up by at least $2M (making the contract realistic, anyway). His current 2018 number is $10,400,000.

The kicker situation can be very cheaply resolved via a late round draft pick or an undrafted free agent.

If Jon Ryan does get cut, again the position can be managed via a late rounder or UDFA, very cheaply.

I think it's unrealistic (unless drastic personnel changes are made) to expect the team to address all the needs effectively given the cap numbers available to them and their draft capital.

I can absolutely imagine, if they play this relatively conservatively, that it is a two year plan to get back on track and they will, ultimately, have to accept glaring holes at one or two positions next season as they're not in a position to be able to address every problem.

Either way, they absolutely need to hit on several draft picks this April to stay competitive.

In other words, there's a good chance 2018 is a down year for Seattle.

I'm not being passive-aggressive or facetious. Your post is one of the few that acknowledges the actual DAMAGE that cutting all these players will inflict to the team's talent level.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Seymour wrote:
    original poster wrote:Here's a much tamer version.

Cliff Avril
    Michael Bennett
    Jeremy Lane
    Jon Ryan

From those cuts, or AFTER those cuts? No way just those 4 players add up to that.

It makes no sense to cut Bennett and only save $3M in cap, when you can cut Sherman and save $11M coming of a major injury.

After those cuts, including the cap space already in place.

I know it's 'only' $3M, but the benefits really come into play in 2019. If they wait until 2019 to cut him than the cap situation is about the same, minimal gain in 2019 but big gains in 2020. No point in delaying it IMO.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:

Cliff Avril
    Michael Bennett
    Jeremy Lane
    Jon Ryan

Some points of note -

I'm not being passive-aggressive or facetious. Your post is one of the few that acknowledges the actual DAMAGE that cutting all these players will inflict to the team's talent level.

I don't believe for a second that they can't replace the talent that will inevitably be leaving the team, though. Never say never.

A lot of things are going to be different in Seattle next season, thats for certain. To what extent and whether it'll make them better or worse in the immediate future is yet to be seen.

You unearth new core players in these types of situations. Guys that have been in the background the past year+, learning their craft then just grab the opportunity in front of them with both hands and excel themselves. I have no doubt at least 2 players are going to emerge, the question mark is who it'll be.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Cliff Avril
    Michael Bennett
    Jeremy Lane
    Jon Ryan

After those cuts, including the cap space already in place.

I know it's 'only' $3M, but the benefits really come into play in 2019. If they wait until 2019 to cut him than the cap situation is about the same, minimal gain in 2019 but big gains in 2020. No point in delaying it IMO.

Ya, if you have caved into the 2 year plan that makes sense. And you may be right in the fact that next year is going to be very difficult to compete for a title with what they have in place here now. :(

Trading Bennett and Sherman (or even cutting Sherm) would make more sense to me still, even if we end up with little draft value out of them.
    Last edited by original poster on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: I made a mistake with my dates, updated in bold incase it confuses anyone. (OP).
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:

Cliff Avril
    Michael Bennett
    Jeremy Lane
    Jon Ryan

Just to address the Sherman comments.

With my face against the wall, I'd say he is on the team next season. Provided they don't want to be ultra aggressive in free agency they can address at least some of their needs with the cap space they (will) have as well as the (limited) draft picks, provided a few things go their way, at least.

It's all a bit up in the air at the moment, I'm not convinced he has much trade value although at the same time I wouldn't be that shocked if a team gave up a 3rd for him (in which case, you jump on it).

Seattle is in cap heaven as of 2019 so they don't need to worry about future savings from getting rid of Sherm as his contract expires after this coming season.

In reality, the only situations that he's not on the team in the 2018 season -

- They decide to blow the team up and get rid of all ageing vets that have question marks over their head
    - They receive an offer they can't refuse
    - They really want to resign Sheldon Richardson
    - They really want to sign an expensive free agent

If none of those 4 situations are the direction they want to go, he will be on the team next year and in all likelihood, will continue playing at (or very close to) the shutdown corner we've grown to know and love. Hell, if he performs well in 2018 I'd be on board with extending him after the season, he is exactly the type of player that will age well. His game has never relied on his speed, it's relied on his intelligence and awareness to what is going on.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• On Sherman I would also say he relies on quickness, length and jumping ability also. 2 of those could easily diminish after having both feet operated on. He already had some issues with quicker guys and double moves at times, and I see that as getting worse personally. That and whatever friction caused the trade talks last off season could spell a not so secure position for him IMO. We will see. I don't think they keep both Thomas and Sherman for 2018, and Thomas I think is in a better position to hold his value personally.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• I don't think any move this off season is going to shock me in honesty.

I can see both of them on the team in 2018, one of them or none of them.

A dull off season, it will not be!
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:

Does this mean he has no trade value on his current contract?
    Sun Tzu
    NET Rookie

• Clayton is frequently wrong as his crystal ball malfunctions from time to time.

That said, there will be some surprising moves made by the team this offseason as the team is re-shaped.

I frankly have difficulty in seeing the team cutting Bennett, but could see a trade if another team steps up.
    Last edited by jammerhawk on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• original poster wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

Cliff Avril
    Michael Bennett
    Jeremy Lane
    Jon Ryan

Some points of note -

I don't believe for a second that they can't replace the talent that will inevitably be leaving the team, though. Never say never.

A lot of things are going to be different in Seattle next season, thats for certain. To what extent and whether it'll make them better or worse in the immediate future is yet to be seen.

You unearth new core players in these types of situations. Guys that have been in the background the past year+, learning their craft then just grab the opportunity in front of them with both hands and excel themselves. I have no doubt at least 2 players are going to emerge, the question mark is who it'll be.

Losing Avril, Richardson, AND Bennett in a year we lack a second- and third-round pick is almost a surefire way to put a limit on our defense's potency for 2018. Teams' seasons rise and fall with the DL.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Sun Tzu wrote:
    original poster wrote:

Does this mean he has no trade value on his current contract?

If that is the case with Bennett, it has nothing to do with football on why they would just release him. He has football value, and that value is likely diminished some with his other issues.
    I'm no huge Bennett fan anymore, but I think this is a bad move personally.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Forget cutting him, trade him at least. Unless there is some big guarantee that they are trying to avoid etc.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

Cliff Avril
    Michael Bennett
    Jeremy Lane
    Jon Ryan

Some points of note -

Losing Avril, Richardson, AND Bennett in a year we lack a second- and third-round pick is almost a surefire way to put a limit on our defense's potency for 2018. Teams' seasons rise and fall with the DL.

Unless they're replaced with equal, or even better players, obviously.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• mrt144 wrote:I know this is probably unpopular but what could we get for KJ Wright?

Don't even ask. And why would you want to trade him?

He is still very vital and basically uninjured his whole career.
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie

• Seahawkville wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:I know this is probably unpopular but what could we get for KJ Wright?

I've always had a nagging feeling that all things considered, he's a luxury at LB. Good player, good teammate but consumes more in salary than perhaps the team can sustain. I know, I know, it's weird and out of nowhere but I am just turning over every rock looking for grubs here.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• mrt144 wrote:
    Seahawkville wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:I know this is probably unpopular but what could we get for KJ Wright?

I've always had a nagging feeling that all things considered, he's a luxury at LB. Good player, good teammate but consumes more in salary than perhaps the team can sustain. I know, I know, it's weird and out of nowhere but I am just turning over every rock looking for grubs here.

Al good, but he is a guy that doesn't have an injury history outside of bumps and bruises and is a fantastic and also very under rated player. He isn't included in all the controversy or running to the Dallas locker room. He's a solid team player and this is a guy that deserves a 3rd contract. As much as I've enjoyed Earl, he struck the wrong chord with me.
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie

• I think we need to determine what the goal is.

Is the goal to win a SB? I am doubtful that given what we have to work with and what our coaching predilections are - that is even a reasonable goal.

Is the goal to be a good competitive team for years to come (think Steelers), then we need to make decisions based on that.

The problem we likely have is that you won't be able to get from goal #2 to goal #1 easily. Because we aren't going to a SB with this team unless we change focus and make the driving force for wins be the offense and great QB play we have, vs the defense.

Can Wilson lead this team to a SB on his back if we give him the resources and a more specifically tailored tactical and strategic plan? Because Pete has his preferences and I do not think they align with OFFENSE FIRST. So it feels like Wilson, under Pete, will likely not reach that upper echelon in being able to carry a team consistently.

But Pete, has a pretty good track record of keeping this team pretty damned good despite a number of giant gaps that would sink other teams. And we don't know for sure that Wilson unfettered could do all the great things he does in the 4th consistently for 4 quarters as the primary driver.

I don't think trading our expensive players is going to change much. Maybe a great creative offensive mind could get us over the hump but it doesn't seem like we went that direction. And since Pete relies on great athletes to make his defense win games for us - I am doubtful trading or releasing those same great athletes will put us back on track for doing well in the playoffs. Though filling some gaps might at least get us BACK into the playoffs again.

This does not even cover the reality that our GM hasn't done that tremendous a job since Scott left anyway. We have been milking the fruits of those drafts that were half a decade ago. Our drafts have been spotty since (and not because of our 'depth') and FA moves have ranged from puzzling to moderately successful. Since this GM has to make whatever new acquisitions to fill spots we trade or release players from - I am not entirely confident in the ability to fill with comparable results.

But if we do nothing and just sit on our aging players we turn into what happened to the Ravens. Ideally we are shooting for something like what the Steelers or Saints did. The idea this team can jettison key players, reload, and become SB contender again though like some NFC version of the Patriots - that sounds like a pipe dream.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Cliff Avril
    Michael Bennett
    Jeremy Lane
    Jon Ryan

Some points of note -

I can live with those moves.
    Is that salary number figured with Jimmy and Sheldon being gone via FA???

....and yes hitting on the draft is essential, they cannot take McDowell type risks in this draft.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Jon Ryan is still a very good punter in spite of a few ghastly games last year.

I'm firmly in the keep him camp.

The kicking game has been puh-shawed by this F.O. and it has cost the Hawks big time.
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie

• Seahawkville wrote:

I think it’s easy to underestimate just how valuable our linebackers are. The amount of field they cover isn’t normal, it’s nothing short of amazing. Absolutely the unsung heroes of this defense.

We’ve had such strong linebacker play for so long now, it’s come to be expected and ‘the norm’.

I think both Bobby and K.J. will be Seahawks for a long, long time.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Sports Hernia - yes they’re contracts aren’t built into those figures as there isn’t a contract for either of them in 2018 :2thumbs:

Twisted Husky - I don’t have time to respond to your post with the time that it deserves. I will, though :2thumbs:
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:
    Seahawkville wrote:

I think it’s easy to underestimate just how valuable our linebackers are. The amount of field they cover isn’t normal, it’s nothing short of amazing. Absolutely the unsung heroes of this defense.

We’ve had such strong linebacker play for so long now, it’s come to be expected and ‘the norm’.

Isn't this part of the overall problem with the Hawks defense right now? So many good to great players underperforming as a whole?
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• You don't try to fix what isn't broken. Hawks have strength at LB with KJ and BW. We need to draft LB this year however.
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie

• mrt144 wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    Seahawkville wrote:

Isn't this part of the overall problem with the Hawks defense right now? So many good to great players underperforming as a whole?

If you look at it from a unit stand point (DL, LB, DB) I wouldn’t even entertain an argument that the LB’ers are under performing. At least not at sam and mike. Bobby is by far the best MLB in the league and KJ is a phenomenal player in his own right.

I’d entertain the argument for the front and back end, but not the linebackers.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Hard to replace Bennett easily, just giving him away is a foolish move.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• His trade value is effectively non existent now as well, nobody will give up anything if they're confident they can sign him as a free agent.

Hell, maybe he's even planning on retiring.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:Hard to replace Bennett easily, just giving him away is a foolish move.

But nobody is concerned with replacing him anymore. Everyone's just caught "get us under the cap!" fever.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:Hard to replace Bennett easily, just giving him away is a foolish move.

But nobody is concerned with replacing him anymore. Everyone's just caught "get us under the cap!" fever.

It's early February.

We have free agency next month and the draft the month after to replace him.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:Hard to replace Bennett easily, just giving him away is a foolish move.

It's early February.

With a tight cap and no second- or third-round picks?

Here's that bizarre "draft fixes everything" thing again. i'd rather try to fix DL with this draft than WR or TE, but still.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

It's early February.

Here's that bizarre "draft fixes everything" thing again. i'd rather try to fix DL with this draft than WR or TE, but still.

Teams are built through the draft, but you already know that.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

It's early February.

Teams are built through early picks. Are you not going to acknowledge that this is a difficult year to pull that off?
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    It's early February.

Teams are built through early picks. Are you not going to acknowledge that this is a difficult year to pull that off?

No, I think we will be just fine on the DL without Bennett or Cliff.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

How do you figure that?
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    original poster wrote:

How do you figure that?

Maybe we should be doing a cost ratioed measure of fine. Will the DL be 'fine' for the cap consumption?
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:27 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information