One thing I will miss about Bevell

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The pure excitement I got whenever we ran the outside-toss flea flicker. I love that play.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I won’t miss a darn thing, I wish he’d been given a pink slip after XLIX.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Or....do you think we'll ever see another Baldwin to Wilson touchdown? That was pretty slick.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
On a play near the goal line, the fake fall down and immediate get back up by Zach Miller and subsequent TD pass to a wide-open Zach Miller from Russell Wilson.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":t4hybokg said:
On a play near the goal line, the fake fall down and immediate get back up by Zach Miller and subsequent TD pass to a wide-open Zach Miller from Russell Wilson.

That was a fun play.! But why did I think that was John Carlson...

sdog1981

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3ag35s3f said:

That was John Carlson. That was against the Saints in the beast quake game. That was Bates.

chris98251

Reaction score
2nd and three and having everyone go deep with a empty backfield and watching Russell Run for his life quarters 1 - 3 and then failing to convert with a running play on the next down.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
chris98251":349r1kno said:
2nd and three and having everyone go deep with a empty backfield and watching Russell Run for his life quarters 1 - 3 and then failing to convert with a running play on the next down.

Ah yes, my favorite, empty backfields on short yardage. The good ol days will be surely missed.

HoldYourHawk

Reaction score
Watching the offense sputter almost the entire first half with no identity and then suddenly after the 2 minute warning put together a 10 play, 1:30 minute drive, with great pass protection, and Wilson connecting with four different receivers for a touchdown.

seabowl

Reaction score
3rd and longs (almost all 3rd downs were) and we call a scripted play to throw the ball well before the 1st down marker. Brilliance at its best.

On a side note there were 2 stretches of pure excitement.

1-2012 Back to back offensive thrashings of the Turds and Bills. I never witnessed anything like it before or since.

2-2015 The span of games where Wilson to Baldwin was pure magic.

"Now back to our regularly scheduled program"

Yeah Bevell pretty much sucked

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Palmegranite":11njago0 said:
Or....do you think we'll ever see another Baldwin to Wilson touchdown? That was pretty slick.

That literally happened right in front of me. LOVED it. The Clink exploded!

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Do you know what I'm going to miss about Bevell? I can't think of a single thing.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2pwhj8sj said:
chris98251":2pwhj8sj said:

Ah yes, my favorite, empty backfields on short yardage. The good ol days will be surely missed.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post ... -empty-set

According to ESPN Stats & Information data, Wilson averaged 10.3 passing yards per attempt when the Seahawks were in empty last year (2015). That was the top mark in the NFL. He completed 74.7 percent of his passes, which was fourth.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/946753641024839680[/tweet]

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Hawks could probably do better if they could actually pass protect.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":6csqqueo said:
seahawkfreak":6csqqueo said:
chris98251":6csqqueo said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post ... -empty-set

According to ESPN Stats & Information data, Wilson averaged 10.3 passing yards per attempt when the Seahawks were in empty last year (2015). That was the top mark in the NFL. He completed 74.7 percent of his passes, which was fourth.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/946753641024839680[/tweet]

Bring out all the stats you want. Empty set in 3rd/4th and short is idiotic. It straight tells the defense you are passing and have no extra pass protection with the RB. I'd bet those stats were more in the 4th quarter as well.

OldWiseHawk

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":mf5nvlkp said:
onanygivensunday":mf5nvlkp said:

That was a fun play.! But why did I think that was John Carlson...

That was a brilliantly called game all the way. Hass played well, everything just fell into place. Plays were unpredictable enough that the Saints were off balanced and fighting up hill.....yeah, that was Jeremy Bates’s best game called.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1yvwti5c said:
Bring out all the stats you want. Empty set in 3rd/4th and short is idiotic. It straight tells the defense you are passing and have no extra pass protection with the RB. I'd bet those stats were more in the 4th quarter as well.

Not true, just about every team has empty set run plays..............including us running Russell on 3rd and short.

Is it successful? Not of late, no. Thus Cable and Bevell being fired.

If done right, empty sets get defenders out of the box to open up space for the QB to run, or sweeps, etc.