Clayton doesn't think PRich will get $6m APY from Seahawks

hawknation2018

Reaction score
On Thursday, the NFL analyst/radio show host speculated the Seahawks would only be willing to give Richardson $5.5 million per year but wouldn't go above $6 million.

https://247sports.com/nfl/seattle-seaha ... -113939355

And here was earlier speculation . . .

[tweet]https://twitter.com/corryjoel/status/946872696104566784[/tweet]

Now the question will be how the Seahawks plan to improve their receiving corps. Might they choose to re-sign Jimmy Graham instead of Sheldon Richardson?

Free Agent WRs:
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/

WR Draft Prospects:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/pro ... gs/2018/WR

If Equanimeous St. Brown or Allen Lazard were really available at the end of the 4th Round, as CBS projects, I would grab one of them. Would be a great weapon for Russell.

massari

Reaction score
Good. Hopefully it's about $6-7M for Graham as well.

They might be able to get Terrelle Pryor, Donte Moncrief, Jordan Matthews, Eric Decker, Cody Latimer, Brice Butler on cheap 1 year deals...and trade Michael Bennett for Martavis Bryant if available?

Equanimeous St. Brown or Allen Lazard in the 4th? Yes please.

King Dog

Reaction score
Rat":3qcn0mkm said:
I'd much rather have Richardson than Lockett.

Not me. I think we're gonna see a healthy Lockett next season and it's gonna be glorious.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
P-Rich is in that perfect spot where he's more valuable to his first team than most fans realize, and less valuable to the rest of the league than most fans realize. His chemistry with Russ and clutch gene make him important, but there's no way he's earned Robert Woods money. Another Kearse, basically.

If some other team offers him more than Seattle does, it'll be because they're stupid (and I don't mean "eh someone always overpays" stupid, I mean Dan Snyder-level stupid). He probably ends up back with Seattle.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Rat":19jn9sd5 said:
I'd much rather have Richardson than Lockett.

I think Lockett gives you way more versatility than P-Rich. And I still don't trust P-Rich to hold up with his slight frame through a second contract.

I'd rather have Lockett around and groom Darboh to be the P-Rich replacement.

AS we've seen over the years, Russ can use anyone as a weapon. Resources need to go to the OL. No use overpaying for any of our WR. And no way should P-Rich earn more than Baldwin.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Not for me, they are close. P-Rich is the fastest man in the team, speed is important and he draws more feel coverage than you would expect. Lockett had to stay injury free and regain all his speed before I'd pay him. He was special his rookie year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mistaowen

Reaction score
There are a bunch of 5.5 mil APY receivers out there who arguably are better than him. If he thinks he’s worth the big bucks, it won’t be in Seattle. Great at high pointing passes, pretty fast, can’t block. Lots of similar players like him.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I wouldnt give him more than that either....

In 4 years, only this past year he has done anything of substance...

In his first 3 years and 31 games played, only 51 catches 599 yards and 2TD

This past year he had a decent year but it wasnt anything special

44 catches, 703 yards and 6TD

Catch wise 86th in the league, yard wise 45th in the league, TD tied 26th in the league

AVG per year of around 5-6 would put him in with the likes of Chris Hogan, Erick Decker, Kearse, Thielen, Mike Williams, Sammy Watkins, Brandon Marshall, Edelman, Amari Cooper, Mike Wallace, Golden Tate

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3umech4g said:
Lockett had to stay injury free and regain all his speed before I'd pay him. He was special his rookie year.

This, for me. Without that last kick return against Arizona in the very last game of the season, everyone in this thread is singing a different tune about Lockett. He was a terrific receiver in 2016 but never showed anywhere near his old self in that capacity in 2017. I'm just glad he's still playing.

original poster

Reaction score
I fully expect him to have a considerably better year in 2018. Full training camp, trusts his body and wha it can do.

chris98251

Reaction score
Except he doesn't fit the Schottenhiemer Receiver Profile, not a big guy, speed yes. We will have to see, Darboh, McEvoy, Moore all are more closely what he would want. Even Prosise if moved is bigger.

D

DomeHawk

Whoever we keep they need to start getting some separation, PRich is great at going up for contested balls but there isn't any separation. With all that speed you would think he would be getting more wide open sometimes. I'm speculating that his route running isn't that great.

Gimme a slow Steve Largent type w/tricky footwork over a fast track-champion type who is too predictable.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3m373llj said:
P-Rich is in that perfect spot where he's more valuable to his first team than most fans realize, and less valuable to the rest of the league than most fans realize. His chemistry with Russ and clutch gene make him important, but there's no way he's earned Robert Woods money. Another Kearse, basically.

If some other team offers him more than Seattle does, it'll be because they're stupid (and I don't mean "eh someone always overpays" stupid, I mean Dan Snyder-level stupid). He probably ends up back with Seattle.

Awesome!

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Although I like both has anyone given the possibility of neither being retained due to their injuries.

Lockett clearly lost something and unless he gains it back he won't be worth resigning.
P. Rich hasn't shown he can stay healthy long term.

So it's a wash on both, although I like Lockett better if he can regain his old form.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
chris98251":2qufu653 said:
Except he doesn't fit the Schottenhiemer Receiver Profile, not a big guy, speed yes.

That's not the Schottenheimer profile.

HoldYourHawk

Reaction score
Give me Lockett any day over P-rich. Locketts versatility in the passing game and ability to stay healthy, albeit one leg injury, has been proven. P-rich however has had, correct me if I'm wrong, one healthy season and suddenly thinks he is going to be able to see a six year contract throughout it's entirety. I'm not buying it.