Easiest Year to get to the Superbowl?

D

DomeHawk

Yes, I think so and I also think that is what irritates me the most about about not making the playoffs. Even w/all the injuries, if the Seahawks are on their game there isn't a single one of those teams we wouldn't have been able to beat.

Reaction score
Are we thinking about different teams here, or do you mean the team in the Pacific North West that lost to the Titans and the Cardinals (at home no less...) and got beat down 42-7 at home against the Rams?

Seymour

Reaction score
Interesting.
Yet last year we beat both teams in the SB, but this year with all our injuries was the one?

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Seymour":3e5xx8n4 said:
Interesting.
Yet last year we beat both teams in the SB, but this year with all our injuries was the one?

Most people don't evaluate based on one game but if that is your criteria it seems Atlanta handled us quite well in the playoffs last year.

All I am saying is that this was probably the easiest path to the Super Bowl in the last few years, AND that given the teams that were in the playoffs, the Seahawks would have had a decent shot at advancing. I mean, let's face it, the NFC Championship game featured two backup QB's.

Of course, you gotta get in the playoffs first.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seahawks dominated the Eagles (with Carson Wentz).

It turns out the kicker position is kind of important.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
hawknation2018":24t4p1wi said:
Seahawks dominated the Eagles (with Carson Wentz).

It turns out the kicker position is kind of important.

Lucky for the Eagles the Vikings had THAT TYPE of game against them to go to the Superbowl....

Eagles were 10-1 going into that game and that defense got anhiliated by Wilson

semiahmoo

Reaction score
DomeHawk":11vm0rnp said:
Yes, I think so and I also think that is what irritates me the most about about not making the playoffs. Even w/all the injuries, if the Seahawks are on their game there isn't a single one of those teams we wouldn't have been able to beat.

Totally disagree. Watching the playoffs reinforced how weak the Seahawks were.

We've been playoff pretenders for too long. This season we weren't even that.

Hoping to see some real-deal rebuilding taking place soon.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2icqj5af said:
DomeHawk":2icqj5af said:

Just get the OL to play up to an NFL level and add a slightly better pash rush and we are totally fine.

Literally all we need to do is get better on OL and DL....everything else is fine allready IMO

Give Wilson time and he will kill defenses

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We lost to a depleted Redskins team at home.

Our offense literally set new records for futility, to the point of being a laughingstock.

But this was the year we would have won?

This team would have struggled with the Browns. It had no shot at the SuperBowl and would have lost any playoff game by over 30 points, being essentially out of it by halftime.

It was a joke this year. We didn't have a shot to the point I did not even bother watching the 1st half of the 1st game of the season. Or the 1st half of most games this season.

Teams that only bother to play in the 4th quarter shouldn't expect much. Same for that team's fans.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
People have a funny way of evaluating teams

We lost to the Jaguars. The same Jags that shut us out in the first half, and almost kept New England’s offense to 3 points in the first half. A fluke pass interference changed that. The same Jags that annihilated the Steelers twice

The Titans beat the Chiefs. The Chiefs have loads of talent

The Case Keemum Vikes beat Drew Brees and the Saints. The only reason the Saints got back into the game is because Keenum turned the ball over

Speaking of which, the Vikes were also picked apart by the Panthers earlier in the season

The Seahawks were COMPETITIVE all year despite our horrid o-line, and one of the worst kickers in the league. For that reason we were pretenders, but it is completely foolish to claim we wouldn’t have had a shot to win the NFC this year. None of those teams were above and beyond us

getnasty

Reaction score
Nick Foles and Case Keenum were the starting quarterbacks in the championship game so yeah I think it was a relatively easy year to make it to the Superbowl.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Let me know when the Pats actually have some competition in their division. No credible threats since Jim Kelly and the Bills (before B&B). It guarantees a playoff birth at worst and most likely home field. When you're always in the playoffs, good teams will eventually win out.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I agree that this years path should have been easier. I think Pete also thought so. Hence the changes. Those of you that want to toot the horn over how good the offense was behind the now excused staff, I want you to think how good it could have been. Of course, at this particular time the glass is half full from my perspective. It could have been worse too.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
semiahmoo":m74ys6ej said:
DomeHawk":m74ys6ej said:

Totally agree. This year's Seahawks would have been knocked out in the Wild Card round.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Idk, this was a very deep year in the NFC. Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Vikings and Eagles..........all had good balanced teams that could have given even our best teams of the past 10 years a good playoff game.

What we've learned this year is what we've always known, if the Hawks want to get to another SB, they better be the #1 seed so THEY can have that amazing HFA for the conference championship game, and not get worn out having to travel and play an extra playoff game.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
When looking at the quarterbacks faced. Yes this was a very down year for the playoffs.

But looking at our team, while we lost to some good teams, Jax, Ten, Stl (although that loss really really was bad) we also lost to some garbage teams, Wash at home, Arizona w STANTON at home.

We were trending in the wrong direction. We would not have gone into LA, NO, Minn or Phi and won. Sorry not this team not this year.....

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
The Seahawks lost at home on the final game of the year where the offense scored zero points in the first half. In a game where they could actually stumble into the playoffs. It was hard to watch.

The way the team was playing on all aspects, they would have been embarrassed by any opponent going forward.

I hate to say this, but I'm glad they lost that game. If it was in fact the trigger on the gun to make changes.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just because some fans assume they would have been knocked out, doesn't make it so. Still gotta' lace em up, anything can happen in the playoffs. This team has a ton of playoff experience and certainly could have won a wild card game.