Brown Makes 7 to the Pro Bowl

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2018/01/23/seahawks-left-tackle-duane-brown-named-pro-bowl-roster[/urltargetblank]

Left tackle Duane Brown is headed to the Pro Bowl, making him the seventh Seahawk named to the NFC squad for the NFL’s all-star game, which takes place Sunday in Orlando.

Brown replaces Philadelphia Eagles tackle Lane Johnson, who is unable to play in the Pro Bowl because the Eagles are in the Super Bowl.

Seymour

Reaction score
Interesting notes.

Most Seahawk players since 1984 :shock: and 2005 (both had 7 players).

Browns first since 2014 and 4th overall (that was my curiosity).

Congrats Duane. :2thumbs: (looks like they may have graded him on the Cable factor curve)

mistaowen

Reaction score
Probably assessed him the first few games when he was dominant before getting dragged down by the Cable technique.

RussB

Reaction score
He was a pro bowler when he got to seattle. By the time the season was over he was ruined by cable.

Seymour

Reaction score
RussB":2o4l0vlt said:
He was a pro bowler when he got to seattle. By the time the season was over he was ruined by cable.

My bet is more "drug down" than "ruined". I think he bounces back.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Brown's one of the most interesting subplots to this off season.

He held out last year in Houston with two years left, so if we don't give him a decent extension, I can't imagine he'll be happy coming back to the same contract with now one year left.

Is he worth a big 3-4 year extension? Hard to see us having a choice, the line's already a disaster, it'd be brutal if he holding out to start the year cause we decided to not pay him.

massari

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":luocy26x said:

He held out last year in Houston with two years left, so if we don't give him a decent extension, I can't imagine he'll be happy coming back to the same contract with now one year left.

Is he worth a big 3-4 year extension? Hard to see us having a choice, the line's already a disaster, it'd be brutal if he holding out to start the year cause we decided to not pay him.
If someone like LT Mike McGlinchey is available at #18, maybe they can make the pick and trade Brown for a 2nd if possible to clear some cap space/get younger. If they can't trade him for a 2nd or more, Seahawks would be loaded at Tackle and get a 3rd round comp pick when Brown leaves via free agency.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
massari":3nrsrkyk said:
Sgt. Largent":3nrsrkyk said:

If someone like LT Mike McGlinchey is available at #18, maybe they can make the pick and trade Brown for a 2nd if possible to clear some cap space/get younger. If they can't trade him for a 2nd or more, Seahawks would be loaded at Tackle and get a 3rd round comp pick when Brown leaves via free agency.

Without Joeckel sucking up 8M a year, we should have plenty of O-Line slotted cap space to pay Brown on a reasonable 2-3 year extension. Which should make him happy, unless he just wants some insane unreasonable massive contract.

I'd rather sign Brown if we can, and use our picks for the NUMEROUS other glaring needs we now have.

original poster

Reaction score
7 players on the Pro Bowl roster, man this team is so talented.

Congrats, Duane!