Some Justin Coleman Love from Bleacher Report

Jville

Reaction score
Yes there are ...... A story of determination and commitment paying off in year 3. For Seattle, the acquisition timing and fit was everything. And to think Coleman's timely return only cost a 7th round pick.

Note that Justin Coleman is the only sub 32 inch arm corner currently on the roster. It goes to show that rookie cut off measurables are not an end all stat. There are exceptions. I'd say a meaningful tender offer is in order. Coleman turned out to be a significant upgrade as a Marcus Burley replacement. Lets hope they don't loose Coleman as he would be much more difficult to replace than Burley.

Interesting scouting and ranking effort going on at B/R. None of the rankings out there represent the Holly Grail or are worth going off the deep end over. But collectively, they offer interesting comparisons and add substance to the 2017 season.

Thanks for posting.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Was this a one for one trade for Marsh? If so, this was one trade that the Hawks won, hands down.

original poster

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2mqz2z82 said:
Was this a one for one trade for Marsh? If so, this was one trade that the Hawks won, hands down.

I don’t believe so, no.

Fairly sure they traded a 7th rounder for him.

themunn

Reaction score
original poster":11nkqqsa said:
HawkRiderFan":11nkqqsa said:

I don’t believe so, no.

Fairly sure they traded a 7th rounder for him.

Yeah but we got it back when they traded for Marsh

OP
OP
K

kobebryant

Reaction score
Perhaps in a weird round about way it might of ultimately been Marsh, but if I recall, there was 2 separate distinct trades.

I feel like this is what they need to be getting back to. Enough with trading 1st rounders for the likes of Graham and Harvin. Get back to identifying undervalued guys around the league that you can envision succeeding as a Seahawk, just like Coleman; and before him the likes of Leon Washington, Marshawn Lynch, Chris Clemons, Clinton Mcdonald. Not the same, but heck, they turned Deion Branch into KJ Wright.

King Dog

Reaction score
I feel like we get fleeced in the majority of trades. Nice to pull one over on Hoodie.

I was just looking at some measurables on Justin Coleman and ran across this. Pretty cool.

"Michigan State's Trae Waynes caught everyone’s attention with his blazing 4.31 seconds in the 40-yard dash, but few people had anything to say about Justin Coleman.

Coleman’s Total Measurables Grade surpassed all cornerbacks who participated in every drill.

Though most people focus on the 40 times, few pay attention to the three-cone drill and the short shuttle, which is one of the biggest mistakes when looking at on-field testing. The latter two happen to be where Coleman thrives.

His 6.61 seconds in the three-cone drill was the best time of the 2015 draft class. He also completed the short shuttle in less than four seconds. These two exercises illustrate a player’s ability to change directions and lateral quickness, which is ideal for a cornerback."

Jville

Reaction score
Both Coleman and Marsh represented surplus at their respective positions. It comes down to finding trading partners who will make such surplus players available. Giving up a late round pick to fill a need for a seasoned acquisition seems much more productive than selecting a rookie prospect. Developing mutually beneficial trade relationships is the key.

adeltaY

Reaction score
To add to this, they ranked Sherman as #12, despite missing so many games. It really sucks because he was having a fantastic season and would've easily made the top 10 if he stayed healthy and continued to play at that level IMO. Shaq was #47, which is cool too. Bennett was #7 at 4-3 DE so it looks like some analysts thought he had a great season. Similarly, Sheldon Richardson was #7 at DT. KJ was #6 at 4-3 OLB and Bobby was #1 at ILB. Wow, we still have tons of great players!

Tyler Lockett was #14 at slot WR and Doug was #1! I think someone mentioned the Doug ranking before, but that's so cool to see! They had Richardson at #30 for outside WRs.

Russell Wilson was #3 at QB.... seems appropriate. :)