Votes: 5 5.3%

Votes: 45 47.4%

Votes: 33 34.7%

Votes: 7 7.4%

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters

original poster

Reaction score
If you could share what you voted for and which players you believe will/won’t be on the team next season it could be an interesting discussion.

chris98251

Reaction score
Cliff, Kam injured, Earl, Sherm Traded.

Not going to be well received but if Sherm is healthy he has value and will give us room, same with Earl, waiting a year too long and we get no return. Bennett is a disruptive force still and losing Cliff hurts enough, we can resign players Maxwell and McDougald and have guys in the wings for our DB's. May not be Earl impact wise but we have players.

Seymour

Reaction score
I was between 1 and 2. I went with 2 figuring either Sherm or Earl may end up staying (but could not tell which). I think Bennett stays (still reasonable value and not enough behind him to risk), and I think Sherman is a good possibility to release because of his $11M in cap savings and possible injury recovery issues along with known baggage (which was less an issue last year BTW).

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1i5bcha2 said:
Earl, Sherm and Avril stay. Bennett gets traded and Kam retires unfortunately.

Prove it!! :lol: :twisted:

Hope you are right about Cliff. I honestly thought Clark would make Cliff not that noticed he was out, but Clark seemed to flatline about half the season. I think we missed Cliff more than many thought we would personally.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, everything is so up in the air. Just a guess really. Sounds like Cliff is really giving it a go. Whereas you haven't heard a word from Kam.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
I think 3: Sherm, Cliff, and Kam still on the team, unless Cliff retires or is injured in which case the 3 would be Sherm, Kam, and Bennett.
Pete is rebooting and only guys who are bought in need to stay. Sherm seemed to be all in after a hiccup the previous year, Cliff's attitude has never been an issue, and Kam is a team leader and has been all in since coming back from his holdout. I think Earl and Bennett may have the highest trade value, with the other three all coming off of injury. Earl wants to be in Dallas and Bennett is still blaming teammates and coaches for the play. The team has viable replacements on the roster, or ready access to viable replacements, for Earl and Bennett (perhaps not as great as them, but viable). I personally don't see anyone ready to step up and take on the roles played by the other three. I think Earl gets traded for picks on or before draft day, and Bennett gets traded to fill a need after June 1. I may be letting sentiment override sense in my evaluation of Cliff.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1dj39ex9 said:
Yeah, everything is so up in the air. Just a guess really. Sounds like Cliff is really giving it a go. Whereas you haven't heard a word from Kam.

Ya I think it's a given on Kam. Heard he and his wife went into VMAC a few weeks after his injury to meet with Schnieder. Didn't sound good, but lips are sealed on him.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Earl and Sherm stay. Cliff and Kam retire. MB traded.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sun Tzu":3gux41yb said:
Earl wants to be in Dallas and Bennett is still blaming teammates and coaches for the play.

I'd say your sentiment is overriding in your evaluation of more than just Cliff. :roll:

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1mzm1ll5 said:
Sun Tzu":1mzm1ll5 said:
Earl wants to be in Dallas and Bennett is still blaming teammates and coaches for the play.

I'd say your sentiment is overriding in your evaluation of more than just Cliff. :roll:
Those choices are not sentiment. I coach, and anyone who coaches long enough realizes the value of team unity. Buy in, or lack thereof, is often the reason teams outperform or under-perform expectations.

"Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work." Vince Lombardi

massari

Reaction score
Sounds like Avril and Kam are for sure gone. Thomas, Sherman and Bennett will probably be gone if they can get decent trade value for them.

If the Seahawks are offered less than a 1st rounder for ET and less than a 3rd each for Sherman and Bennett, there isn't much point in trading them unless they feel those guys are too cancerous to the locker room.

If they can't get a fairly good draft pick for Sherman, it's probably best to keep him around for training camp to see if he's still worth the $13M cap hit or not. If not, cut him and enjoy the extra cap space.

chris98251

Reaction score
PUP is not active so essentially not a player contributor. Which falls into the injury category but still eating salary.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
If Shead and Maxie can get signed, I say Sherm is gone. Removing Sherm's contract gives us the most cap room of any that are under consideration.
Kam has a player friendly contract and this year we gain little if any help from his dismissal. Since we are stuck paying him, I think he stays on the team.
We gain only a couple of mil on the cap by releasing MB. If we can trade him for anything I would be good with that. He stays if not traded unless Pete is tired of his antics.
Cliff's contract provides relief if he is cut. I think he is gone.
I think Earl has 3 good years left. If the team sees he still has tremendous value, try to extend him for 3 years. If he wants crazy money, trade him before the deadline next year but we would be stuck with his contract if on the final 53 next year.
I voted 2 stay, but after a little thought I can see 3 sticking here.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sherm, Earl stay, trading them would be beyond stupid.
Bennett traded, Kam, Cliff on IR.
Jimmy and Sheldon leave via FA.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Don’t get what people see in Shead, he is not a good cover corner. He doesn’t get his head around and flails his arms blindly when theball is coming.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I say one to two. Bennett, from all I have read, will be gone. I do not see Cliff or Kam coming back. Sherm will be back because of his surgeries his trade value at this time is less. Of course this could change. The one person I am not sure about is Earl. If we wait to long either to renegotiate his contract he will be out of here and we will get nothing for him. On the other hand he has value now with two years left on his contract. That is going to be a tough call because he is so important to the team.