Griffin picked Hawks unsung hero

Seymour

Reaction score
Nice!

Thanks for posting.

Far cry from "abused", as a couple here concluded.

Seattle Seahawks: Shaquill Griffin, cornerback

The rookie corner took on more of a role than the team likely planned on to start the season. Griffin led all Seahawks corners in passing snaps played and started 11 games in his first NFL season. He proved up to the task, allowing a paltry 47 percent completion rate when he was the nearest defender and just 5.84 yards per target. Griffin trailed only Richard Sherman in both metrics among Seattle corners this year. The Seahawks are headed for a crucial offseason in which they may well have to make tough decisions about the once-fabled "Legion of Boom" secondary. The 'Hawks can at least rest assured knowing they uncovered a future starter in the third round of last year's NFL draft

chris98251

Reaction score
His brother could be very Kam like as a Safety, he played both LB and Safety in college and has size, only one hand doesn't really matter as well he produced and it's not like Kam is a pick machine anyway.

Would be interesting to see where that kid lands, no combine invite but play and skills are very apparent. Having a Brother combo would be unique, last one I remember really were the Selmon brothers in Tampa of any notoriety.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I never understood how people thought he wasn't a good player, or that he got abused. Far from it.
Pretty damn good for a mid round rookie.

rossob

Reaction score
chris98251":lq6eyimi said:
His brother could be very Kam like as a Safety, he played both LB and Safety in college and has size, only one hand doesn't really matter as well he produced and it's not like Kam is a pick machine anyway.

Would be interesting to see where that kid lands, no combine invite but play and skills are very apparent. Having a Brother combo would be unique, last one I remember really were the Selmon brothers in Tampa of any notoriety.
He didn't get an invitation for the combine? Wasn't he the ACC DPOY last year?

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Barber brothers too, Rhonde and Tiki...although they were on opposite sides of the line of scrimmage.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3r78ugds said:
I never understood how people thought he wasn't a good player, or that he got abused. Far from it.
Pretty damn good for a mid round rookie.

Prolly because he gave up a few completions. Evidently good corners give up none, LOL.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":cushze6z said:

Clayton says there very well is the likelihood he goes undrafted because of the missing hand, and not being invited to the combine. If that’s the case he will sign here to play as a FA with his twin brother. He’s the perfect PC/JS type of player, talented underdog, with a chip on his shoulder just waiting to prove the doubters wrong.

chris98251

Reaction score
Kam 6"4" 224 coming out.

Shaquem 6'0 222

I think the kid could do it.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Zeearend":2gminm9c said:
chris98251":2gminm9c said:
Shaquem 6'0 222

I think the kid could do it.

It has all the makings of a great story. I hope he makes it.
Story aside. Guy is a play maker. Would not mind him playing for a position at SS.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3mph0or9 said:
chris98251":3mph0or9 said:

Clayton says there very well is the likelihood he goes undrafted because of the missing hand, and not being invited to the combine. If that’s the case he will sign here to play as a FA with his twin brother. He’s the perfect PC/JS type of player, talented underdog, with a chip on his shoulder just waiting to prove the doubters wrong.

I was thrilled he didn't get a combine invite. Going undrafted DRASTICALLY increases the chances he ends up here.

I don't think he's Kam, but he has got very unique athletic traits and has overcome a ton. He is maybe the most Seahawky prospect ever.

original poster

Reaction score
I'd happily spend a 6th on him, I wouldn't even be upset with a 5th in honesty.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Absolutely loved Shaq’s play this year. Rookie corner starting across from Sherman (pre-injury) and he absolutely held his own. He’s the first legit post-LOB DB we’ve brought in IMHO.