"Jersey Sale" Trend

jmahon316

Reaction score
So I've noticed that generally when a Seahawk leaves the team (or gets traded, etc) their jerseys normally go on sale on the nflshop site.

Just checked out the shop in the seahawks section and I see the normal sale jerseys (Lynch, Hauschka, Kearse) whom are all off the team. Then I see Ifedi's and Coleman's jerseys are on sale for the same price. Is this a sign, or are they just having that low of purchases with those two player's jerseys?

sutz

Reaction score
Not sure if I've ever put a lot of stock in that trend. It might just be market forces mandating the sale, but you never know.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
You should always look who features in the yearly calendar...

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
I think the jersey sale has more to do with the stupidity of the merchandise department than anything having to do with some inside info concerning a player departure.

Who would purchase a Coleman jersey? I am sure they - for some reason - sold a few of these. But why create a jersey for a player who was acquired days before the start of the season and was not a starter? He played well - but a jersey?

I am sure the Ifedi jerseys have something to do with his jersey number changing - is the sale for his new or old number? And the fact that the marketing department thought that the high draft pick would continue to improve and become a "hero" of the OL. In reality, he sucks. Not many people, regardless of the number, would ever buy an Ifedi jersey now, with the real possibility that he will no longer be a starter, or will continue to struggle.

drcool

Reaction score
This is due to Ifedi's number changing. These were brought in his rookie year. Has nothing to do with his roster status.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think this is just a case of them getting rid of some jerseys that typically don't sell much.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
I'm going to flag this thread so I remember to get a hold of one of those Ifedi jerseys. My initial reaction was to wait to purchase, but then a voice in my head said, "False! Start with your purchase soon."

Seymour

Reaction score
DangerousDoug":2m92dp24 said:
I'm going to flag this thread so I remember to get a hold of one of those Ifedi jerseys. My initial reaction was to wait to purchase, but then a voice in my head said, "False! Start with your purchase soon."

LOL. Or "unnecessary spending" $15.00 penalty. :2thumbs:

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
Need a Lynch Seahawks jersey.

They only sell QB jerseys here in Canada.

Anguish

Reaction score
drcool":3fggol1s said:
This is due to Ifedi's number changing. These were brought in his rookie year. Has nothing to do with his roster status.

This should be treated as THE definitive answer to this...

OP
OP
jmahon316

jmahon316

Reaction score
Anguish":1fwm93ot said:
drcool":1fwm93ot said:

Yeah, in retrospect I feel foolish for bringing that one up because it was a little obvious. My apologies.

Anguish

Reaction score
No apologies necessary. Just saying, drcool is in the know when it comes to what is on those sites and why.

sutz

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":329u2snc said:

I hear there is this thing they call the Internets. Bunch of tubes or something. Maybe you could find something on there.

:twisted:

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
jmahon316":27rilxfu said:
Anguish":27rilxfu said:
drcool":27rilxfu said:

Yeah, in retrospect I feel foolish for bringing that one up because it was a little obvious. My apologies.

Also Derrick Coleman 40 is no longer on the team so hence the sale

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
sutz":2bj0qb3r said:
SixSeahawk":2bj0qb3r said:

I hear there is this thing they call the Internets. Bunch of tubes or something. Maybe you could find something on there.

Where am I gonna find a brand new Lynch Seahawks jersey from an official source?

original poster

Reaction score

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
original poster":wq5bdtc1 said:
SixSeahawk":wq5bdtc1 said:
sutz":wq5bdtc1 said:
SixSeahawk":wq5bdtc1 said:

Where am I gonna find a brand new Lynch Seahawks jersey from an official source?

http://www.nflshop.com/Marshawn_Lynch_S ... ks_Jerseys

Whoa! Didn't even think they'd still be there. And still so expensive.

NorCalSeahawkFan

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":2pvh5zqv said:
original poster":2pvh5zqv said:
SixSeahawk":2pvh5zqv said:
sutz":2pvh5zqv said:

http://www.nflshop.com/Marshawn_Lynch_S ... ks_Jerseys

Whoa! Didn't even think they'd still be there. And still so expensive.

I have a 3X Lynch Jersey that I paid 79.00 for. I would be willing to trade. If you are interested.