Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Bye bye Bam Bam?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Bye bye Bam Bam?
Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    zchurch74 wrote:I have a feeling Kam will retire and take a year off. He will then try to make a comeback with a crap team. He will never be the same. It won’t tarnish his legacy but it won’t help. Kam needs to retire. Join the NFL network for a few years and then get into coaching.

If he does that it is with the Hawks..Unless a Lynch type deal is made

He did say in his Q&A that if he couldn’t play for the Hawks he’d like to play for a team that doesn’t have a ring yet.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:43 am
  • original poster wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    zchurch74 wrote:I have a feeling Kam will retire and take a year off. He will then try to make a comeback with a crap team. He will never be the same. It won’t tarnish his legacy but it won’t help. Kam needs to retire. Join the NFL network for a few years and then get into coaching.

If he does that it is with the Hawks..Unless a Lynch type deal is made

He did say in his Q&A that if he couldn’t play for the Hawks he’d like to play for a team that doesn’t have a ring yet.

He would be a SCARY addition to the Bills Secondary.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:10 am
  • Looking at Chancellors contract, his 2018 salary becomes fully guaranteed on 2/9. They will save a few million over his guaranteed to cut him prior to that date, so my guess is his cryptic message was he is done here and walking away. He may have gotten word from Schnieder that that was what they planned to do to minimize the losses to his injury.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:26 am
  • A lot of people wouldn't like it, but I'd take a look at Eric Reid if this is all true.

Reid at SS and McDougald at FS, last years picks, and some added competition and that should net us a quality set, some draft picks, and some cap money.
    Last edited by vin.couve12 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am
  • vin.couve12 wrote:A lot of people wouldn't like it, but I'd take a look at Eric Reid if this is all true.

I'd love this.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:28 am
  • Reid's an incredibly smart player, and a good fit in the scheme.

If I recall correctly in Week 17 this year he received the highest game grade for a safety for the year from PFF.

The nice thing about him too is that although I think he might be a bit better in Kam's spot, he'd be a compentent #2 at single high also, and those are harder to find (e.g. ET3 goes down and you shift over Reid and put someone else at SS).

As for Kam leaving the Seahawks or retiring, he may or he may not, but I don't see that instagram post as having anything to do with that, or being a cryptic message at all. I think he's just posting a picture someone drew of him. That's it.

If I were a Hawks fans I'd also have a lot of pause about McDougald as a long-term replacement.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:51 pm
  • There's a lot of stuff going around about Reid getting the Kaep treatment though. That would be good from a contract perspective, but again, a lot of people will sour on that real fast.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:48 pm
  • Hope this isn't what will happen to Kam, but it seems possible -- if not likely -- at this moment in time.

"In Week 5, I got the first stinger of my life," [Buffalo Bills center Eric] Wood said Monday. "I got one the following week. After that game, we did an X-ray on my neck that showed no significant damage. After the season, as part of the exit physical, we got an MRI that revealed a disc that was dangerously close to my spinal cord at C-2, C-3. That was alarming.

"Although I will no longer be cleared to play football, I am still on the Bills' roster and look forward to helping out the team in some capacity."

[Bills General manager Brandon] Beane confirmed that Wood received a second opinion on his neck from a non-team doctor and said he does "not believe" there is a chance Wood is cleared to play again.

Wood remains under contract through 2019 after he signed a two-year extension last August. His $4.8 million base salary in 2018 is guaranteed for injury, and he would count about $10 million against the Bills' salary cap next season if he is placed on the retired list or released. He would have counted about $8 million had he remained playing.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2225 ... -cap-issue
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:55 am
  • Thought I would bump this as we wait til Friday...when his contract is legit for the new season. We will see shortly.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:15 pm
  • Yes, bye Kam and Thanks for all you did for the Seahawks. He will be gone, make no mistake.
    Last edited by Seahawkville on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:15 pm
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:Thought I would bump this as we wait til Friday...when his contract is legit for the new season. We will see shortly.

Nothing will happen IMO.

Friday ‘could’ be an interesting day, however all the players salaries who guanratee on that day are about as safe as it gets.

Unless, of course, there’s one or two that I’m not aware of.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:21 pm
  • original poster wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:Thought I would bump this as we wait til Friday...when his contract is legit for the new season. We will see shortly.

Nothing will happen IMO.

Friday ‘could’ be an interesting day, however all the players salaries who guanratee on that day are about as safe as it gets.

Unless, of course, there’s one or two that I’m not aware of.

??
    How can Kam be safe when he is said to have a career threatening injury? Even Pete hinted at that. They save a couple million by cutting him prior to his contract date in a couple of days.

I think he's gone too.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:27 pm
  • You’re forgetting the $12M in injury guarantees in his contract.

His cap hit for 2018 if he’s cut is nigh on $20M. Not happening.

Edited to add, the exact cap number for cutting him before the June 1st designation is $19.5M.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:35 pm
  • The most likely outcome is keeping him on PUP for 2018 and cutting him in 2019.

Gives far more cap flexibility in 2018 that way.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:40 pm

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:44 pm
  • Seattle are just going to have to soak it up and have just over $9.5M of cap space in 2018 wasted.

The extension was just horrible. He would have been an URFA this season and Seattle would have had a lucky escape.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:50 pm
  • original poster wrote:Seattle are just going to have to soak it up and have just over $9.5M of cap space in 2018 wasted.

The extension was just horrible. He would have been an URFA this season and Seattle would have had a lucky escape.

Throw away that $10M, throw away our 1st draft pick from last year, throw away Avril, ditch Bennett's contract and get nothing in return, throw away the extra $20+M Wilson makes over our SB season. This team is flat out screwed in 2018.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:55 pm
  • I'm not expecting a Super Bowl run, but I'm far from writing off the 2018 season already.

A lot of changes will occur with this team in the coming weeks, it's not unrealistic to think it could work out well for them.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:08 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    original poster wrote:Seattle are just going to have to soak it up and have just over $9.5M of cap space in 2018 wasted.

Throw away that $10M, throw away our 1st draft pick from last year, throw away Avril, ditch Bennett's contract and get nothing in return, throw away the extra $20+M Wilson makes over our SB season. This team is flat out screwed in 2018.

Correction. Throw away the extra $23 million Wilson makes over our SB year.

Wilson's cap hit is $23,786,666 this season! :shock:

His contract is way end loaded (over $25M next year), and that is piss poor management to pull that crap. Now we pay.
    Last edited by Seymour on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:10 pm
  • He restructured for (I think) Duane Brown. Or that may have been Baldwin and Russ was for Sheldon, but pretty sure I've got it the right way round.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:20 pm
  • original poster wrote:He restructured for (I think) Duane Brown. Or that may have been Baldwin and Russ was for Sheldon, but pretty sure I've got it the right way round.

Pete and John swung for the fences last season and screwed this team. Here is what Wilson did.
    A league source with knowledge of the deal told The News Tribune Tuesday morning Wilson has agreed to turn $6.26 million of base salary into a bonus prorated over the final three years of the four-year, $87.6 million extension he signed before the 2015 season.

So they pushed $6.26M of his $$ to 2018 and 2019. What that means is with Wilson alone, we are cap hit with near $10M more in 2018 than we were in 2017. Add Kam in there and ya....go Hawks.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:24 pm
  • With his current cap hits for 2018 and 2019 I wouldn't be surprised to see him get extended early. I know they don't extend beyond one year away but you can make a case the QB is different.

His price is only going to go up higher and higher each year.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:30 pm
  • original poster wrote:With his current cap hits for 2018 and 2019 I wouldn't be surprised to see him get extended early. I know they don't extend beyond one year away but you can make a case the QB is different.

Not going to help. He is going to get $25M + on a new deal, and they would sell their soul to the devil to push over $30M+ later years cap hits to save now.

They are entering a situation now where we are going to have to consider trading Wilson. They have messed up that bad IMO. :pukeface:

A rookie QB contract year was the only way we could win a SB and took all that $$ and bought the highest paid oline in the NFL in 2013 to do it.

Back to a rookie QB contract if we want another IMO.
    Last edited by Seymour on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:33 pm
  • Trading Wilson....get ready for 6 win seasons, if that.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:36 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Trading Wilson....get ready for 6 win seasons, if that.

Agree. It absolutely sucks talking about it. But look at the situation now.

Look at how we won it all too. :3-1:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Sorry guys I've taken this woefully off topic.

Feel free for anyone to start a RW thread, but lets get back on track.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Seymour wrote:
    original poster wrote:With his current cap hits for 2018 and 2019 I wouldn't be surprised to see him get extended early. I know they don't extend beyond one year away but you can make a case the QB is different.

Not going to help. He is going to get $25M + on a new deal, and they would sell their soul to the devil to push over $30M+ later years cap hits to save now.

They are entering a situation now where we are going to have to consider trading Wilson. They have effed up that bad IMO. :pukeface:

A rookie QB contract year was the only way we could win a SB and took all that $$ and bought the highest paid oline to do it.

Back to a rookie QB contract if we want another IMO.

They went all in on a franchise QB, one that doesnt make him top 5 in the NFL. How would a rookie QB and an O-line (look how that worked for Dallas.. or even the Raiders) work for them in getting to a Super Bowl.

That's not "messing up" (as you meant to call it), that's NFL economics. Only one team has found a way around it.

There are plenty of ways to set your team up for success. To pile it at the feet of the QB salary isn't quite fair. This isnt Madden, at some point you have to play your players
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:59 pm
  • To cut Kam he has to pass the Physical, that won't happen now, Wilson could very easily get a Brady type extension with Bonus money and more back loaded money on his next contract.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:47 am
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Kam still a Seahawk
Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:26 pm
  • Kam Chancellor remains with Seahawks as salary becomes fully guaranteed
    While his playing future is unclear, the injured safety remained on Seattle's roster Friday, making his entire $6.8M salary for 2018 fully guaranteed

http://es.pn/2nXMUFH
    SUPERBOWL XL CHAMPS AND I HAVE THE SHIRT TO PROVE IT!
    zchurch74
    NET Rookie

Re: Kam still a Seahawk
Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:11 pm
  • Some well earned cash. Can’t really express how appreciative I am for what that man has put his body through during the greatest era of Seahawks football.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:31 am

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:02 pm
  • vin.couve12 wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916074/article/kam-chancellor-plans-to-play-in-18-if-medically-cleared

Sounds like he's intending to play.

I don't think anyone thought otherwise. The question is will Kam be medically cleared.

Of course he's going to say he wants to play, because that means he collects his full year's salary..............and I do think he wants to leave the game on his own terms, and not injured and forced to retire.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:27 pm
  • Yeah I don’t know why Twitter is getting all carried away with this, complete non story.

Of course he intends to play if he can, that was never in dispute.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:27 pm
  • original poster wrote:Yeah I don’t know why Twitter is getting all carried away with this, complete non story.

Of course he intends to play if he can, that was never in dispute.

It was in dispute with the picture he posted, which people misread as him saying he was retiring.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:42 pm
  • It was a question, there's no doubt. There are multiple threads containing said question with proof, in fact. It's not like he had one injury and sent out tweets about possible retirement.

Question answered, poster irrelevant admission or not.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:36 pm
  • So what if Kam comes back and plays as well as he was before he got hurt (elite)? That'd be pretty cool. Also, the criticisms of the contract would look pretty overreactive.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:07 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:So what if Kam comes back and plays as well as he was before he got hurt (elite)? That'd be pretty cool. Also, the criticisms of the contract would look pretty overreactive.

I'd love nothing more to see that happen.
    I think he has better odds then Avril of doing it(coming back)
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:34 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:So what if Kam comes back and plays as well as he was before he got hurt (elite)? That'd be pretty cool. Also, the criticisms of the contract would look pretty overreactive.

I'd love nothing more to see that happen.
    I think he has better odds then Avril of doing it(coming back)

I agree, I'd say there is <5% chance Avril comes back unfortunately.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:54 pm

Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:22 pm
  • Well it would probably take time to reseat, potentially with active chiropractic measure or even just some stretches and.or chiropractic pillows. Once that happens, then he can begin to strengthen stabilizers. One of the key things here, is that he didn't require surgery.

Could go either way, really, but he'll likely be a late arrival IF he does play.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Previous

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information