Bye bye Bam Bam?

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
Anyone see the image of Kam with the backpack walking away from the Hawks logo? Posted on Kam's Twitter account.
This forum won't let me load an image from my phone. *whine*

Seymour

Reaction score
This???

Attachments

• Kam-Done.jpg
    Kam-Done.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 4,991

Seymour

Reaction score
Anyway...if you zoom in there is a sig and the date '16 at the bottom.

Could be alot of things IMO.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Yes you can load pictures from your phone. PM if you would like to know more.

As far as Kam goes (pardon the pun), he’s been one of my favs but his hold out caused him to lose favor in my eyes.

I’d love for him to be here forever if he can continue to pull his weight, and cover his cost. If not, next man up, and I hope we have, or can find the “next man”.

Kam and his talents/style are few and far between.

kidhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":1bm6z11l said:

Kam puts the boom in the Legion of Boom. I know his injury is the type that could make playing again risky, so I wouldn't blame him if he were to retire, but I'll hold off on some official word before I close the book on him.

ivotuk

Reaction score
pmedic920":3s04e09d said:

As far as Kam goes (pardon the pun), he’s been one of my favs but his hold out caused him to lose favor in my eyes.

I’d love for him to be here forever if he can continue to pull his weight, and cover his cost. If not, next man up, and I hope we have, or can find the “next man”.

Me too. The hold out was selfish. He was preaching about "Love Our Brothers" but cost his team mates a possible shot at another Super Bowl by holding out and us losing a couple of games. That year could have cemented a "Dynasty" and a chance for a lot of Seahawks shot at the Hall of Fame.

But money became more important. He wanted to break Pete and John's standard for rewarding players for his own personal gain.

I still love him and what he's accomplished here, but he and his family have benefited immensely from football. I'm a Momma's boy, and the way he went about buying that house for his Mom brought tears to my eyes. But the hold out was ill-advised.

As far as the tweet, Brock and Salk and Gee talk about it this morning on 710. It could mean anything.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I vehemently disagree that there is no drop off from Kam to McDougald. McDougald is fine on coverage. He doesn't have near the pattern recognition as Kam, but he can cover plenty well enough. Where he really falls short is in run defense. Kam os a monstrous edge setter and every team we played knew it. We got killed on the edge that McDougald played on over and over, game after game in off tackle and stretch plays.

If McDougald is going to be the SS then we are forced to start to invest on a starting level SLB now, because you no longer have one player who is elite at two positions. McDougald got good ratings from pff in run support, but he's not even remotely close. Galaxies apart, in fact. Some of Kam's most crucial plays are ones where he just destroys an entire edge and never even actually touches the ball carrier.

Road's closed.

ivotuk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1dyowm3l said:
I vehemently disagree that there is no drop off from Kam to McDougald. McDougald is fine on coverage. He doesn't have near the pattern recognition as Kam, but he can cover plenty well enough. Where he really falls short is in run defense. Kam os a monstrous edge setter and every team we played knew it. We got killed on the edge that McDougald played on over and over, game after game in off tackle and stretch plays.

If McDougald is going to be the SS then we are forced to start to invest on a starting level SLB now, because you no longer have one player who is elite at two positions. McDougald got good ratings from pff in run support, but he's not even remotely close. Galaxies apart, in fact. Some of Kam's most crucial plays are ones where he just destroys an entire edge and never even actually touches the ball carrier.

Road's closed.

There's no doubt as to Kam's value. Just look at those 2 games when he held out. Earl Thomas: "I don't know what to do now, Kam was the leader, he told us what was coming."

Chancellor is not only a Physical Monster, but exceptional at diagnosing plays. There's nobody like him, nor will there ever be. But someday we will have to adjust ot life without him.

To me, this would be similar to losing Walter Jones. In emotions and in talent downgrade.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ivotuk":2vng0pkl said:
pmedic920":2vng0pkl said:

Me too. The hold out was selfish. He was preaching about "Love Our Brothers" but cost his team mates a possible shot at another Super Bowl by holding out and us losing a couple of games. That year could have cemented a "Dynasty" and a chance for a lot of Seahawks shot at the Hall of Fame.

But money became more important. He wanted to break Pete and John's standard for rewarding players for his own personal gain.

I still love him and what he's accomplished here, but he and his family have benefited immensely from football. I'm a Momma's boy, and the way he went about buying that house for his Mom brought tears to my eyes. But the hold out was ill-advised.

As far as the tweet, Brock and Salk and Gee talk about it this morning on 710. It could mean anything.

If he is retiring due to a debilitating injury, doesn't that change your opinion of his hold out?

I mean "Love our Brothers" can only go so far before you have to "Take care of yourself too"

Chapow

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":zii2zx5z said:
https://twitter.com/Cyoplasm/status/956940618407686144

This tweet is only slightly less vague than "Something will happen at some point this off season".

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3rz0epn2 said:
ivotuk":3rz0epn2 said:
pmedic920":3rz0epn2 said:

If he is retiring due to a debilitating injury, doesn't that change your opinion of his hold out?

I mean "Love our Brothers" can only go so far before you have to "Take care of yourself too"

There's no doubt that it's on ET's mind. One play and it's all gone.

With Kam, knowing that he and Wagner are the brains of the operation, I never had the tought of trading Kam or anything like that. Witg ET, however, he's 29, one season away from a broken leg, and isn't going to get any faster, which is most of the reason why he's good. He's a shit teammate publically to boot so it's time to turn one diminishing asset into more opportunity.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":f8ur4xv8 said:
ivotuk":f8ur4xv8 said:
pmedic920":f8ur4xv8 said:

Not at all. His hold out was 2 years ago when he had years left on his contract. It had nothing to do with his injury.

People get injured in all walks of life, and it can cost them their careers. But it doesn't make any difference in what kind of person they are. Some choose to go on Social Security, or some, like me, choose to continue working, albeit in a field that requires less physical labor.

NFL football players are taken care of when they get injuries. College football players and High School football players don't. Professional sports players have access to the kind of doctors and treatments the rest of us can only dream of.

Kam's hold out was to say "I deserve more money, and other players are going to have to take less." That hold out didn't hurt fans so much as it hurt his team mates. There's only so much money under the cap, and this team is up against it almost every year. Hence Blair Walsh.

I remember Michael Bennett, Earl Thomas, and others "Kam! Please come back!" He did, after they lost a couple of games, and possibly a shot at home field advantage and the Super Bowl. That effects his team mates more than it effects any of us.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
In the pantheon of the greatest Seahawk players ever, Kam is easily there with Marshawn Lynch.

The LOB and Marshawn Lynch brought this team a SB.

More importantly, they brought a SB win.

I hope he isn't retiring or moving on, but he is one of my favorite Hawk players ever. Up there with Walter Jones in my eyes, as one of the great players I was just privileged to see play that would have been great in any era.

I would put him and Earl up against any duo in the secondary from any team or era you want to pick. And he did it at time the NFL was legislating all sorts of advantages to the offense to make it easier for teams to score.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
vin.couve12":26fq8ar2 said:

Road's closed.

He did absolutely fine on setting the edge. He didn't blow anyone up but a tackle is a tackle.

McDougald had 75 tackles and 4 pass deflections in the 9 games he started. Kam had 49 tackles and 2 pass deflections in the 9 games he played so I am not sure where the ire is about his tackling much less galaxies apart.

A-Dog

Reaction score
A: It is ridiculous to think there is no drop-off from Kam to McDougald. Seriously ridiculous.
B: I am extremely disheartened by all of the "fans" who cling to their resentment towards Kam for his holdout.
C: I am 100% certain that there is a a very strong correlation between posters who fall under B above that also "believe" A above.

It honestly disgusts me.

Kam is a warrior, a leader, an incredible human being, and he put his body and life on the line for the fans that are now dragging his name through the mud because he wanted to do right by his family.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3tomgwe1 said:
vin.couve12":3tomgwe1 said:

Road's closed.

He did absolutely fine on setting the edge. He didn't blow anyone up but a tackle is a tackle.

McDougald had 75 tackles and 4 pass deflections in the 9 games he started. Kam had 49 tackles and 2 pass deflections in the 9 games he played so I am not sure where the ire is about his tackling much less galaxies apart.

You can't use tackle numbers alone to diagnose run defense. Like Vin said, a lot of Kam's best plays were ones that allowed someone else to make a tackle, usually someone in the front seven. Gotta look at the tape.

If members of the Legion are headed for the trade block or retirement, it's not going to be without a dropoff in the defense. Also, given that Bradley McDougald and Byron Maxwell both need to be actually signed, we're not going to save nearly as much money as y'all think.

What Seattle could do to mitigate the damage from Kam's departure is draft a solid run defender at SLB. Enough of the Mike Morgan's and Michael Wilhoite's.

A-Dog

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":xgyhtds3 said:
a tackle is a tackle.

No it's not.

Does it happen at or behind the line of scrimmage or does it happen 5 yards downfield? Does it happen after the player has made a first down or did it prevent a first down? Did it happen after a completion was made in front of the player, or was it a violent, physical, intimidating collision that jarred the ball loose and prevented a completion?

Ask Vernon Davis or Demaryius Thomas if a tackle is a tackle.

Not to mention all of the offensive linemen that Kam blew up with regularity, setting the edge or blocking the whole so other players could make a tackle.

Remember how when Kam held out, Earl Thomas was not made captain despite being an All Pro and "the best player on the team?"

Remember how the next year Kam was voted captain AGAIN, even after he "betrayed his teammates."

There's a reason for that.

Cognitive bias is rampant on this board

BeanieHawk

Reaction score
Man will be tough seeing Kam retire if true! If he does, I'll still be rockin his #31 jersey as he was a key part of our Hawks Superbowls!!! Next man up.