710 FRI B&S - Gee on Kam's Tweet

ivotuk

Reaction score
BROCK AND SALK
Gee Scott on Kam Chancellor's future

Gee Scott jumps in studio with his reaction to a cryptic Instagram post from Kam Chancellor.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... k+and+Salk\

January 26, 2018 - Hour 1

Jesse Jones is filling in and he and Salk are both fired up about a guy they think could be the next Mariners star. Can the XFL survive as an alternative to the NFL? Blue 42 at 7:45 - which Seahawks free agent is most likely to return to Seattle?

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... k+and+Salk

January 26, 2018 - Hour 2

The Seahawks have already had a turbulent offseason and Jesse Jones is here to weigh in with his passionate opinions. At 8:30 - a draft prospect that's known for getting bad PR is now saying all the right things.

January 26, 2018 - Hour 3

Seahawks reporter Bob Condotta jumps on the show to react to speculation that Kam Chancellor may be announcing his retirement. Gee Scott joins the guys with his take on Chancellor's future.

RussB

Reaction score
I heard that "jaw dropping" changes are coming soon. My bet is players are gone as well just like coaches. And probably alot of them like sherman, bennett and maybe even earl.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
RussB":1khw0nl5 said:
I heard that "jaw dropping" changes are coming soon. My bet is players are gone as well just like coaches. And probably alot of them like sherman, bennett and maybe even earl.

Wouldn't surprise me. Except for Sherman. There's no upside to getting rid of him. Bennett IMHO will be given an opportunity to rework his contract. I hope he stays because he's still a valuable contributor.

I believe we had a "bevy" of talented DBs and should be fine on that front, as long as we re-sign McDougald.

RussB

Reaction score
ivotuk":c51fhngu said:
RussB":c51fhngu said:

Wouldn't surprise me. Except for Sherman. There's no upside to getting rid of him. Bennett IMHO will be given an opportunity to rework his contract. I hope he stays because he's still a valuable contributor.

I believe we had a "bevy" of talented DBs and should be fine on that front, as long as we re-sign McDougald.
Yea i think out of all of them sherman is most likely to stay because of the achilles tear. Bennett though, i just have a feeling that he will not be on the team anymore. I doubt he would rework his deal, and i dont think the front office wants to pay him the big bucks anymore at his age.

massari

Reaction score
RussB":2is9huj7 said:
ivotuk":2is9huj7 said:
RussB":2is9huj7 said:

Yea i think out of all of them sherman is most likely to stay because of the achilles tear. Bennett though, i just have a feeling that he will not be on the team anymore. I doubt he would rework his deal, and i dont think the front office wants to pay him the big bucks anymore at his age.
Bennett just made the pro bowl despite being hurt most of the season and he's only got an $8M cap hit for each of the next two seasons. He's not going anywhere unless they can get a good return.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
JOHN CLAYTON
January 26, 2018 - Hour 1

In the top 5, John and Gee discuss their thoughts from the Mariners pre-spring training event yesterday, the possibility that the XFL is returning, UW hosting WSU in men's basketball Sunday, Russell Westbrook thinking he was picked last for LeBron's all-star team, and

Luke Falk pulling out of the Senior Bowl to attend Tyler Hilinski's funeral.

Then, Jacob Bogage of the Washington Post joins us to discuss his story on the NFL catch rule, and

Gee Scott takes us Behind the Lines following a cryptic Kam Chancellor instagram post.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... hn+Clayton

January 26, 2018 - Hour 2

Matt Waldman , author of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio joins the Professor to break down what he's seen at the Senior Bowl this week.

Then, we take your text questions, and the Groz and John ponder comments from Earl Thomas that could mean he's willing to hold out.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... hn+Clayton

I've bought Waldman's Rookie Scouting Portfolio before, that thing is extensive. He's worth listening too.

RussB

Reaction score
massari":10lmquom said:
RussB":10lmquom said:
ivotuk":10lmquom said:
RussB":10lmquom said:

Bennett just made the pro bowl despite being hurt most of the season and he's only got an $8M cap hit for each of the next two seasons. He's not going anywhere unless they can get a good return.
They could spent that 8 mil on the offense.

A-Dog

Reaction score
ivotuk":12q5d5vy said:
Except for Sherman. There's no upside to getting rid of him.
Um, there is about $11M worth of upside to getting rid of Sherman.

If you ask me the "jaw dropping changes" referred to here are specifically about Sherman (and Kam).

King Dog

Reaction score
I don't know. Pete only has 2 years left on his deal when you (I) would assume he rides off into the sunset as far as Seattle is concerned. I'm not sure he goes crazy turning over key players on the roster.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Anyone that doesn't think the FO and PC are willing be to just as ruthless with players as they were with coaches just didn't get the message.
Just like in any organizational restructure. It's better to be the janitor than a VP, that is if you wonder if your job is in jeopardy.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I think some of this speculation of booting Bennett is wishful thinking from offended fans. He's still a consistent presence on a line that still needs a veteran leader. And there's plenty more money to cut elsewhere, while his trade value is only declining with his age. There would be no good reason to get rid of him, unless the rest of our D-line has a stellar pre-season.

Earl, on the other hand, is worth as much to the market as he's going to get with injuries becoming an issue. His name is still in the conversation for the best free safety in the league, and we can keep Sherman--who is much more popular among fans (who's mom doesn't love Richard Sherman?)--to lead the young secondary. Sherman is also still a premier corner (probably not the best anymore, but up there), and any team with a snowball's chance at a title needs at least one stud corner.

Earl, if anyone, should be shipped out. Kam is likely done and will be swallowed for a loss. No way do Bennett and Sherman go on top of that, at least without this team admitting to a full rebuild, which I don't think Pete has time for.

Also, for as much as this front office celebrates individuality and expression, you can't tell me Pete and John aren't ruffled by Earl's comments in Dallas and now a threat to hold out in January. Don't forget about Year One Pete, where if you weren't all in, you were out.

Seymour

Reaction score
A-Dog":3se91abs said:
ivotuk":3se91abs said:
Except for Sherman. There's no upside to getting rid of him.
Um, there is about $11M worth of upside to getting rid of Sherman.

If you ask me the "jaw dropping changes" referred to here are specifically about Sherman (and Kam).

Exactly what I was going to post. Of all those mentioned Sherman has the highest cap savings of all of them.